PDA

View Full Version : Tracking my order

MKALSABAH
11-11-2013, 08:25 AM
is there an easy way to track my car? i got the serial number and i want to see where is it in production and when will it finish?

Nambo
11-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately no. The Chrysler online tracking system (VOTS) does not work for the Viper. The only reliable updates come from your dealer. I am in the same situation, have an estimated ship date in early December.

MKALSABAH
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately no. The Chrysler online tracking system (VOTS) does not work for the Viper. The only reliable updates come from your dealer. I am in the same situation, have an estimated ship date in early December.

my dealers says my car will be ready in march :(

Nambo
11-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I placed my order in the fall of 2012, so a little over a year for me. No other car out there like the Viper and based on all the other Gen V owners posts, I am sure the wait will be worth it.

slitherv10
11-11-2013, 09:55 AM
my dealers says my car will be ready in march :(

I placed my order in the fall of 2012, so a little over a year for me. No other car out there like the Viper and based on all the other Gen V owners posts, I am sure the wait will be worth it.

Can I ask a dumb question?

With so many 2013 2014 cars sitting on dealerships each one with different options and color combos, could you not pick one of those and have one right now instead of waiting in agony of where and if your car is being built. I mean, its not like your car that your building to your taste is going to be worth anything more than those and I'm sure you could compromise on one or 2 options. Is that not worth the waiting time and stress ? Its like waiting for a dog litter when there are hundreds of puppies and dogs available everywhere. Just pick one and get it over with...lol. They are all beautiful cars !! I'm sure there is a car sitting in a dealership that has your names written all over it.

I know it would be to me. The ones sitting in dealerships would also land you a better deal as they are trying to dump those cars at this time of year.

Just my opinion.

Nambo
11-11-2013, 10:24 AM

With so many 2013 2014 cars sitting on dealerships each one with different options and color combos, could you not pick one of those and have one right now instead of waiting in agony of where and if your car is being built. I mean, its not like your car that your building to your taste is going to be worth anything more than those and I'm sure you could compromise on one or 2 options. Is that not worth the waiting time and stress ? Its like waiting for a dog litter when there are hundreds of puppies and dogs available everywhere. Just pick one and get it over with...lol. They are all beautiful cars !! I'm sure there is a car sitting in a dealership that has your names written all over it.

I know it would be to me. The ones sitting in dealerships would also land you a better deal as they are trying to dump those cars at this time of year.

Just my opinion.

Not a dumb question, very valid actually. I wanted the aero and exterior carbon packages on an SRT model but they were delayed and so was my original order. At about the same time the TA model was introduced so I changed my order to a TA since I plan to track this car regularly. Perfect fit for what I wanted (other than an ACR - not willing to wait for it to be introduced). May be the only time that I will be willing to pay this much for a car, so I want to get exactly what I want and am willing to wait to get it, I am sure that you are correct and I could get a better deal on someone's existing inventory.

I have a Corsa cat back, 6 points, and if testing continues to go well, Belanger headers waiting on it at Woodhouse. So my time spent waiting hasn't been all for naught.

VENOM V
11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Not a dumb question, very valid actually. I wanted the aero and exterior carbon packages on an SRT model but they were delayed and so was my original order. At about the same time the TA model was introduced so I changed my order to a TA since I plan to track this car regularly. Perfect fit for what I wanted (other than an ACR - not willing to wait for it to be introduced). May be the only time that I will be willing to pay this much for a car, so I want to get exactly what I want and am willing to wait to get it, I am sure that you are correct and I could get a better deal on someone's existing inventory.

I have a Corsa cat back, 6 points, and if testing continues to go well, Belanger headers waiting on it at Woodhouse. So my time spent waiting hasn't been all for naught.

That's going to be a sweet track set up. These Gen Vs are a dream on the track. Looking forward to seeing your posts when you get your ride.

MKALSABAH
11-11-2013, 04:06 PM

Just my opinion.

lol that problem is i am overseas and thats hard

- - - Updated - - -

got any vids of ur car with the corsa?

Nambo
11-11-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't have it yet, hope to have it mid-December and I will be glad to post up pics/video when I get it. Hopefully Mark will post up pics as it gets modified at Woodhouse.

slitherv10
11-11-2013, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=MKALSABAH;5418]lol that problem is i am overseas and thats hard

Yes I understand. Finding a few dealers and asking what is in stock would be better time spent than waiting for a car to be built. I am sure if you ask a few dealers about what is available on lots right now they could do some research and find one that suits your needs and options of course. Just my thoughts. I kmow I wouldn't sit waiting for months at a time when I could be driving one right now.

Policy Limits
11-12-2013, 06:45 PM
waited 1/2 year on a 13 build and then threw in the towel and got a dealer car. What's the average wait time for a 14 build?

MKALSABAH
11-12-2013, 07:54 PM
waited 1/2 year on a 13 build and then threw in the towel and got a dealer car. What's the average wait time for a 14 build?

4 months

slitherv10
11-12-2013, 09:43 PM

You can get a 14 build yesterday. Looks like they have re branded some of the 2013's into 2014's. Around here anyway. So. you can pick one up(2014) at your local dealer as far as I can see here. If your looking at the TA , then it might not be until April till they come out of hiding.