PDA

View Full Version : RIP Robin Williams

SLViper
08-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Apparent Suicide at 63 Very Tragic Loss!

slysnake
08-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Not that suprised actually. He often seemed depressed to me.

plumcrazy
08-11-2014, 08:08 PM
moved to correct forum.

Torquemonster06
08-11-2014, 08:22 PM
So sad. We have lost a great talent. :(

Late Apex
08-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Huge loss and he had been depressed for sometime according to the news. Brilliant mind......

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
08-11-2014, 10:49 PM
What a loss, obviously some seriuos personal struggles, our prayers go out to his family.

Your gonna be missed Robin Williams.. Nanu Naun man!!

Fatboy 18
08-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Not that suprised actually. He often seemed depressed to me. + 1

Such a shame that yet another celebrity has been a victim of drugs and Suicide, a very talented guy but was struggling from within :(

RIP.

Coloviper
08-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Tragic and sad! I really liked Robin and his style of comedy. Very talented and current! It is hard for those with brilliant minds or who achieve great things to keep so one sided in life. You look at the other great minds like a Hughes or Tesla or whoever. They operate so far into that realm that the mind and body never have a chance to balance and recharge. For Robin, he was just funny and made people laugh so well and often in his being that when he needed to come down and balance, he ended up doing that with drugs, alcohol and some questionable choices.

I often wonder about some of this clinics and the people who are counseling. The current approach to depression of just medicate it away. He was struggling with these demons and feelings but had just checked into a new clinic a month earlier. In Colorado with some of the tragic shootings, etc. a vast majority of them were in new counseling or recently changes counselors. I realize some people are just not with it or are just not right but I really hope North America can get a hold of the mental illness and mental health issues some people face and truly help people again. It is a growing and major problem in North America these days. So much pressure, so much social media BS. So much talent and good lost to senselessness deaths like this. It is too bad he felt he needed to go that far.

As someone who battled depression at times, it is hell, but I rarely battle it anymore as I refused the meds and actually dealt with the core issues for change and understanding. Heart felt prayers to his family and those left behind.

JonB ~ PartsRack
08-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Robin Williams was often compared to Jonathan Winters. There were a number of parallel paths, both good and bad. It was no secret that Winters was a hero to Williams.

One of the very best films I have ever seen, (and been moved by) was Dead Poet's Society. Im going to look for Good Will Hunting now......

"Oh Captain, My Captain" .... how sad that the love you got was not enough....

ViperSmith
08-13-2014, 08:16 PM
It is a shame that depression is often looked at as a disease that can simply be beaten by "powering through it."

Imagine if we told cancer patients "Just will your way through it and you'll be cured"

The stigma with mental illness needs to be done away with for people to get the proper help they need.

Viper Red
08-15-2014, 04:01 PM
RIP, such sad news.