PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out loud, possibly moving to Omaha.

LATAMUD
08-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Please pardon my sleep deprived babbling. I'm not 100% sure why I'm posting this but am excited and want to share. I'm not asking to be convinced, or to get pros and cons. Facebook doesn't seem the proper place to post this. I'm not rallying for comments nor thumb-ups. I've been away from home so long I don't have very many face to face friends left. VOA and the Alley are my family.
I've jumped the gun before and hope I'm not doing it again. Back in 2011 I was almost certain I was headed for Kansas City and something else came up. Right now Omaha is the the new something else and I'm on the fence. I'm not going to go into all the details but many things come to mind. I just moved to Tampa two years ago, only really lived in my house for a couple months due to my choice in workplace.
The job I'm looking at is pretty much a perfect match for me and that might say to some it's a no brainer. Things that come to mind in no particular priority; opportunity, fear, selflessness, sacrifice, loyalty, longevity, security, abandonment, finance, home.
Whatever happens happens. In a few hours I'm hoping on a plane home. This trip, unrelated, was planned months in advance, a brief trip home in the middle of working abroad. Homeward bound.
Thank you for taking the time to listen.

MUD

Viper Girl
08-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Have a safe journey home Mud...

It may not matter at this point, but I've heard the Crossroads VOA region is awesome.

Cheers! to New Beginnings!!

johniew398
08-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Lived there two years because of work. Great midwest type town.

And Woodhouse Dodge is there. Woodhouse Dodge is THE best Viper dealer with excellent services as far as I'm concerned.

BlknBlu
08-07-2014, 09:29 PM
If you want to chat with us, we are easy to find. Always nice to chat with another Viper brother or sister.

Bruce

LATAMUD
08-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the kind words and advice everyone. I was in Omaha for a few weeks in the winter of 08, just like Dayton. I had thought about Woodhouse and Mark Jorgensen, he's pulled me out of a few tight places in the past. I'm going to stay positive. Florida has it's ways of getting you too. Any place I end up is only a stepping stone for where I am going. Or...It's not how you get there, it's how you arrive. This new position would let me buy back my service years towards a retirement pension. That puts me 10 years closer to the goal.

To new beginnings and many more :).

Fangs3
08-08-2014, 10:32 AM
We would love to have you as part of our group! I lived in Indian Shores for 8 years during the winter months. It was nice, but was always glad to get back "Home"! Yeah, our weather isn't always the best, but it's still a great place to hang your hat! Council Bluffs,IA.(across the river from Omaha) has some nice areas and taxes(car and house) are reasonable! And, yes, our group is "totally AWSOME"! The "BEST" Group ever!

98intrigue
08-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Tampa would be losing out on a great car enthusiast and would hate to see you go, Bart. If it's for the best, then get the hell out of here! Haha.

LATAMUD
08-08-2014, 12:37 PM
We would love to have you as part of our group! I lived in Indian Shores for 8 years during the winter months. It was nice, but was always glad to get back "Home"! Yeah, our weather isn't always the best, but it's still a great place to hang your hat! Council Bluffs,IA.(across the river from Omaha) has some nice areas and taxes(car and house) are reasonable! And, yes, our group is "totally AWSOME"! The "BEST" Group ever!

I like the sound of that. My wife used to live in Council Bluffs, if it's that close and the discounts that much better I just might do that. I need room for 6 cars. Plus I need to get a truck and room to park my trailer.

Tampa would be losing out on a great car enthusiast and would hate to see you go, Bart. If it's for the best, then get the hell out of here! Haha.

Ryan, here's the deal, you grenade the engine in the latest Viper, you have to move to the Midwest too.

I'm still in the talking stages but I was told there were two positions and on two people were contacted, me being one. I was feeling it was time for a new chapter in my life. This would be a promotion on paper and room for growth.

Roller
08-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey Bart,

You will be closer to your machinist if you move to Council Bluffs. How about some more spacers?

Frank

Drummerviper
08-08-2014, 08:02 PM
I represent a fortune 500 food company in Omaha. Solid, down to earth folks you can depend on. Everyone has their share of bad weather including Tampa.

Railroader
08-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Crossroads welcomed me last year and I love the club and the area

LATAMUD
08-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Hey Bart,

You will be closer to your machinist if you move to Council Bluffs. How about some more spacers?

Frank

Frank! You really are my hero. I had an issue with the clutch master, my fault. The 3 finger pressure plate requires so much more force to engage the clutch I broke the dog ears off the MC. what do you think of a billet clutch master body? It'd be serviceable and rebuildable? Eh, it's too much.

If you're up to the challenge, I do have another aluminum idea. Viper calipers on a 66 Mustang, it's happening. I have it mocked up in my head. I need to take a few measurements.

Update: I might have to lose 30 lbs and get my 1.5 mile run time down. Timing is an issue, if the new job will allow me some time to get ready I'm in.

swexlin
08-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Frank! You really are my hero. I had an issue with the clutch master, my fault. The 3 finger pressure plate requires so much more force to engage the clutch I broke the dog ears off the MC. what do you think of a billet clutch master body? It'd be serviceable and rebuildable? Eh, it's too much.

If you're up to the challenge, I do have another aluminum idea. Viper calipers on a 66 Mustang, it's happening. I have it mocked up in my head. I need to take a few measurements.

Update: I might have to lose 30 lbs and get my 1.5 mile run time down. Timing is an issue, if the new job will allow me some time to get ready I'm in.

What is the position you're considering? Or are you not allowed to say. From your update, sounds like something in law enforcement?