PDA

View Full Version : Srt all access

XSnake
11-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Got my invite in the mail. Looks like they are doing a similar program to what Corvette and Cadillac are running. I'm calling tomorrow to make my reservation for the Tuesday Nov. 12th event. I'll report back my experience.

viperr
11-10-2013, 09:03 AM
It is about time that they let people know that they are still building Vipers . It is amazing how many people think the Viper isn't being built. I think SRT is smart to get people in the car and let them, drive it. Word of mouth will multiply the experience and perhaps dealers will start cultivating potential buyers by allowing them to actually experience the car. Great job SRT!

slitherv10
11-10-2013, 09:13 AM
It is about time that they let people know that they are still building Vipers . It is amazing how many people think the Viper isn't being built. I think SRT is smart to get people in the car and let them, drive it. Word of mouth will multiply the experience and perhaps dealers will start cultivating potential buyers by allowing them to actually experience the car. Great job SRT!

What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ViperSmith
11-10-2013, 10:16 AM
ABOUT TIME!! this is what I've been screaming about myself. Butts in seats = cars sold.

Why they didn't have a handful of Vipers at all the ALMS races they sponsored this year to drive escapes me.

Bravo

Troublemaker
11-10-2013, 10:33 AM
It will be interesting to so who will be invited and why. The SRT Experience has always been cool, but a fail. You only get to try out other cars if you already purchased one. I thought they were trying to get new butts in the seats. I know some purchase cars without ever driving them, but I am not one of them. The best way to sell a "Drivers Car" is to have people fall in love with being behind the wheel. This is where the car is really failing, the dealers are treating these like museum art, you can view it from the other side of ropes. I hope they tweak their campaign and save this car, which it looks like they are taking a very important first step.

ViperSmith
11-10-2013, 10:50 AM
It will be interesting to so who will be invited and why. The SRT Experience has always been cool, but a fail. You only get to try out other cars if you already purchased one. I thought they were trying to get new butts in the seats. I know some purchase cars without ever driving them, but I am not one of them. The best way to sell a "Drivers Car" is to have people fall in love with being behind the wheel. This is where the car is really failing, the dealers are treating these like museum art, you can view it from the other side of ropes. I hope they tweak their campaign and save this car, which it looks like they are taking a very important first step.

I've let someone drive my car that was pondering and now they are looking to buy one. Claude on here has done the same and the guy is looking to buy one.

Getting people to drive the car, will be its saving grace. You can't drive it and not want one. This is the solution, butts in seats.

The_Greg
11-10-2013, 05:12 PM

SRT Track Experience was open to ANYONE with $500. But, the Viper was quickly removed as available to drive - at the time I attended (as a spectator only) my dad was only able to drive SRT-8s and the Caliber SRT-4. This was in 2008 though...

I'm curious how they will determine who to invite. And if I get an invitation! :)

Troublemaker
11-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I own a whole stable of Dodge products, but nothing SRT. I guess they needed to charge to drive the cars, not a good way to get new butts in the seat.

SmoknTires
11-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Yep, in talking about Ralph, he says that one of the things they learned is that they could have done better connecting people to the new Viper because that's what sells them. They know that once you sit in it and have a chance to drive it, you get hooked. After they gave us a GenV to play with at one of our regions events, we sold 5 cars that week from people who had a chance to track it. This should be a neat event and will help not just get people plugged into Viper, but SRT as a brand. This is good marketing.

ViperSmith
11-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Yep, in talking about Ralph, he says that one of the things they learned is that they could have done better connecting people to the new Viper because that's what sells them. They know that once you sit in it and have a chance to drive it, you get hooked. After they gave us a GenV to play with at one of our regions events, we sold 5 cars that week from people who had a chance to track it. This should be a neat event and will help not just get people plugged into Viper, but SRT as a brand. This is good marketing.

You simply can't drive the car and not want to break out the checkbook. They will move stock once butts are in seats. Period. Told my local dealer with 2 sitting on their dealership, allow test drives. Someone will buy it.

So what if someone crashes it, that is what insurance is for.

XSnake
11-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Ok guys a quick update as to what the events actually are. I was wrong earlier and assumed these were happening at race tracks. I saw West Palm/Miami and assumed this was happening at PBIR. I went today to the Winter Park Concours D'Elegance which I knew SRT was attending. I took my letter in hoping to make my reservation with them at the show. It turns out the SRT ALL ACCESS experience is what was at the show. It's basically being able to get in a Gen 5 a do a test drive which is what most dealerships are not allowing. SRT IS training dealers to allow test drives but they are not listening. SRT has realized this and this is their response. So since I had my letter they let me sign up on the spot and I took a Gen 5 out.

Everyone at the experience was very pleasant and helpful. Most of the people were Richard Petty Experience people but their were SRT reps their as well. They had 5 Gen V's there to choose from and I chose a Graphite GTS with the Congac (I don't know what they are calling it now) interior. As everyone has stated already the interior is MUCH better to anything we've every seen before in a Viper. I took the car out for about 20 min. with Stephanie we rolled around the streets of Winter Park/Orlando. I was pleasantly surprised that the car still felt like a Viper and hadn't lost the "feel" and feedback that I am use to in my Gen 2. It's still very much a drivers car and you can tell they spent a bunch of time refining the car but still keeping the Viper driving experience true to it's roots.

slysnake
11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I wonder how you get said invite?

XSnake
11-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Are you registered on the drivesrt website? Im sure that wouldnt hurt

MoparBoyy
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I wonder how you get said invite?

i got it as well, i am on the SRT mailing list from there website.

slysnake
11-11-2013, 10:20 PM
OK. I am not. But soon will be. :)

XSnake
11-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Anyone whose local dealership is not allowing test drives should sign up for this. This is how SRT is trying to get butts in seats since dealerships aren't making it happen.

ViperSmith
11-13-2013, 08:25 AM
OK. I am not. But soon will be. :)

Just call SRT, 855-SRT-Team

ATE-A-V8
11-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Got my invite, set to drive Wednesday.

XSnake
11-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Got my invite, set to drive Wednesday.

Congrats!!

chesapeake07
11-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I just received my invite today in the mail. The closest to me is Frisco, Texas. I am going to check my schedule and see if I can make it. I would love to get more seat time to get a good feel for the new car. My last drive was at VOI and was just a few minutes with this beast.

Shooter
11-18-2013, 10:46 PM
It's no surprise the cars are still on dealer lots when you see stuff like this...

http://www.imgbond.com/pictures/269/553511833328748431/804003679796968450_sw.jpg

http://www.imgbond.com/pictures/269/553511833328748431/808375734654464611_sw.jpg

How do you expect to sell when you won't even let people sit in it.?

ATE-A-V8
11-19-2013, 02:10 PM
I can see their point, who wants to buy a 100K car a bunch of kids got in & scratched up? However they should let qualified buyers get in & get a feel for the car.

Disturbed
11-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Ok guys a quick update as to what the events actually are. I was wrong earlier and assumed these were happening at race tracks. I saw West Palm/Miami and assumed this was happening at PBIR. I went today to the Winter Park Concours D'Elegance which I knew SRT was attending. I took my letter in hoping to make my reservation with them at the show. It turns out the SRT ALL ACCESS experience is what was at the show. It's basically being able to get in a Gen 5 a do a test drive which is what most dealerships are not allowing. SRT IS training dealers to allow test drives but they are not listening. SRT has realized this and this is their response. So since I had my letter they let me sign up on the spot and I took a Gen 5 out.

Everyone at the experience was very pleasant and helpful. Most of the people were Richard Petty Experience people but their were SRT reps their as well. They had 5 Gen V's there to choose from and I chose a Graphite GTS with the Congac (I don't know what they are calling it now) interior. As everyone has stated already the interior is MUCH better to anything we've every seen before in a Viper. I took the car out for about 20 min. with Stephanie we rolled around the streets of Winter Park/Orlando. I was pleasantly surprised that the car still felt like a Viper and hadn't lost the "feel" and feedback that I am use to in my Gen 2. It's still very much a drivers car and you can tell they spent a bunch of time refining the car but still keeping the Viper driving experience true to it's roots.

I felt the car was "soft" when I drove it. Maybe, my meter is screwed because my GTS was a rough and raw as it got. The lack of low end really stood out to me. With that said, it felt like a car that was perfectly daily drive able. Maybe that's what I'm not used to in a viper...one you can live with daily.