PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Charger Hellcat - A family version of the Challenger Spy-Photos

CarolinaViper
08-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Did not see it posted any where else here is the link http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/future-cars/2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-spy-photos

FLATOUT
08-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Move this to the "other rides" forum please.

plumcrazy
08-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Agreed, moved it

Thanx,
Phil

CarolinaViper
08-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Sorry about that thought it tied in well with the other thread "Dodge Unleashes Most Powerful Challenger Ever" in this Forum - Mods move it if you must

ViperTony
08-03-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm keeping my eye on this Charger....hopefully this will be my new daily driver next spring!

VRYALT3R3D
08-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Forget the Charger, I am waiting for the 707 HP, AWD, Jeep SRT8 that can tow around 8k pounds :)

01sapphirebob
08-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Forget the Charger, I am waiting for the 707 HP, AWD, Jeep SRT8 that can tow around 8k pounds :)

Jeep abd 300 srt's are going away. Dont think they will put hellcat motor in them.

Viktimize
08-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Jeep abd 300 srt's are going away. Dont think they will put hellcat motor in them.

The Jeep is one of the SRT best sellers. I know the 300 SRT is going bye bye, but where did you read about the Jeep disappearing?

JonB ~ PartsRack
08-13-2014, 05:11 PM
My HELLCAT HALO STORY:

I'm proud to say that most of the people that have known me for even a short time, know Im a "Dodge Guy" due in large part to the many Dodge/SRT pace cars at events here for 21+ years. So Im glad to see the 707HP Hellcat on/in every car mag story around. Dodge even brought FIFTEEN of them here to PIR and virtually every cruise- in and car show in OR/WA just 3 weeks ago. NVE weekend. TV and papers were glomming on Hellcat stories. [ There was ONE at NVE, and 15 here !!]

I happen to have a loaded, all-black SRT-8 Challenger, 6 speed manual; Diamond Crystal Black Pearl; 20" TrueForce wheels. Headers, cats/catback; 3:92 diff.............. and this: Vortec Blower with Meth injection. 607 HP. It has tasteful "SUPERCHARGED" emblems below the SRT emblems and on the fenders. Personalized plate reads PANTHER, a plate we have owned since 1995. The best SOUNDING vehicle I have ever owned.

I have had this beast for 2+ years. But almost overnight the world thinks I have a HELLCAT!

While driving thru town past 2 weeks, 2 different cars of young-guys cat-called (pun intended) "HELLCAT!" out the window and waved the thumbs up. Another stopped at my destination to say it was the "first hellcat" they had seen in person

Due to local issues, I have had 2 local politicals (Forest Service and PUD) drop by separately THIS WEEK to discuss yada-yada stuff. Both of them FREAKED when they saw the Challenger "Hellcat" in my carport/garage!

"I should have KNOWN you and Jay Leno would get Hellcats right away" said the one guy. Is that just the Viper Motor in the Hellcat to give it 700+ HP? I explained that this Challenger has 100 fewer HP, achieved after-market. But neither guy would back-off the Hellcat similarity!

They BOTH wanted a Challenger ride, and the Viper ACR was parked alongside. They did not want a Viper ride mind you. They both wanted cell-phone camera pix with the "Supercharged" emblem alongside them.

So like it or not, Dodge definitely has a new HALO car!

I guess my Challenger just appreciated $20k overnight!? I Hope so..... Ill sellit, and buy a TA.

Sybil TF
08-13-2014, 05:47 PM
I need some pics of your Challenger Jon B.

Vprbite
08-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Wouldn't all this challenger/charger stuff mean the viper is gonna show up with HP to match or beat (it's already faster due to lightness and other deaign features, but we already know that and it is besides the point) the hellcat package or just go away? It seems there can't be an in between. I happen to believe it's gonna come back with direct injection or factory supercharger and be king of the hill again. But I am an optimist. : )

JonB ~ PartsRack
08-14-2014, 12:03 PM
I need some pics of your Challenger Jon B.

If you email me, id be happy to reply with some pix.... JonB@PartsRack.com

Sybil TF
08-15-2014, 10:38 AM
If you email me, id be happy to reply with some pix.... JonB@PartsRack.com

Well I think they all want to see your car, here is mine..

JonB ~ PartsRack
08-15-2014, 12:02 PM

Sybil TF
08-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Nice! What wheels are you running? Need an engine pic!

JonB ~ PartsRack
08-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Challenger is on TrueForged 20s.....Ill try to take a motorpic this weekend, raining today...