PDA

View Full Version : Recall on my 03

HEADCSE
07-30-2014, 06:55 PM
I have called around about having this airbag recall thing fixed. So far Herb Chambers in Danvers can do it as they have a certified Viper tech. Should I use them or go somewhere else? Any help would be appreciated. I trust nobody with my car. Then I ask can I wait for it and the service advisor says nah we have to RIP it all apart! WTF that made me feel good! It's a VIPER not a NEON! Jesus I'm nervous!

Thanks!

swexlin
07-30-2014, 07:16 PM
It took my tech about 1.3 hours to do mine, and he said it wasn't near as bad as the instructions made it out to be. You can't even tell anything was done.

Yes, a good portion of the dash has to come apart, but if they take their time, you should be OK.

Martin2000GTS
07-30-2014, 10:30 PM
ehh I hate bringing any car I have to a "dealer" especially a viper....id rather just not do the recall lol.....wait for some guys to chime in on someone trust worthy in the NE area. Talk to some members this weekend at the clam bake. To bad Tators Garage is not a dealer anymore cause Chuck was the man for any warranty work.

Roy
07-31-2014, 02:55 AM
which years was this airbag thing, 03 and 04 if I recall correctly?

I've seen the instructions...middle dash part comes out, as well as quite some other parts...didn't look like a job I would let a noob do...but a Viper tech should be able to do so I guess, it isn't rocket science.
I mostly get nervous about them going in and out the car with their filthy hands and clothes, not watching the seats for scratches and stuff. they don't care for our cars as we do...

swexlin
07-31-2014, 06:06 AM
As I said above, a qualified tech can do it in less than two hours. My car was fine.

MoparBoyy
07-31-2014, 07:43 AM
I am a Viper tech, i've done 3-4 of these recalls already, its easier than its made out to be. knee bloster on driver side and the radio have to be pulled out.. done and done. takes me about an hour.

John B
08-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I had my 04 done in Wallingford, CT by their Viper Tech. No complaints from me - can't tell anything was removed or replaced. Took them about 2 hours.

GdBye
08-06-2014, 04:44 PM
I have called around about having this airbag recall thing fixed. So far Herb Chambers in Danvers can do it as they have a certified Viper tech. Should I use them or go somewhere else? Any help would be appreciated. I trust nobody with my car. Then I ask can I wait for it and the service advisor says nah we have to RIP it all apart! WTF that made me feel good! It's a VIPER not a NEON! Jesus I'm nervous!

Thanks!

I just had this warranty work completed on my 03 Viper and it took about 90 minutes for them to complete it. The dealer I used was St. Charles IL Chrysler/Dodge. When I asked them if they had a Viper Tech, they said uh...yeah. That should have been my first clue. After having the work completed, I noticed that they had stripped some of the paint off of the bolts holding the radio instrument cluster and I pointed this out to them. They said they would order new bolts and let me know when they came in. That was a month ago. I called them today to check on the status and they said that they thought someone had called me to give me the news. I said "what news" and they said that the bolts were no longer available from Dodge and all they could do is to repaint them for me. My advice to anyone having this repair done is to make sure they have a Viper Tech who knows what he/she is doing and make sure they use the proper tool/method to insure that they don't strip the paint off of the bolts.