PDA

View Full Version : Meth: Supercharger Inlet

jeffboyette
07-26-2014, 10:11 PM
6074I
have a bung welded to the throttle body coupling for a meth nozzle. Im reading that putting another nozzle at the inlet of Paxton/Vortech can give 1.5-2.5 psi through increased compressor efficiency and a denser charger by cooling the whole system. I currently have the DLM upgraded exchanger and pump, 170 tstat and tune for the fans to turn on early. Does anyone have experience with meth pre-compressor?

plumcrazy
07-27-2014, 06:21 AM
looks like a bung for a nitrous install. did you install it ?

Coloviper
07-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Ohhh, I like the semi gloss black painted blower and pieces. Where did you have that done and what paint did they use? I run Meth on my "other car" and it does help tremendously. Highly recommend it! I only have it installed after the compressor though, just as you have shown. I asked the shop that did my work and amazing tune the pre-compressor question at the time and they said, no, it is only beneficial and required after that blower but before the throttle body. If you wanted to cool the blower and were worried about that in extreme use only, then add a cryogenic system to the intake tube before the blower similar to the cryogenic systems on fuel systems. I have never seen anyone do that but that is what they said. They build and run 1,000 hp to 2,500 hp cars up at Bandimere for years. Then again those are sprint runs versus street or road race so not really sure of how some of the solutions would work for a street car. That said, they left me with the impression, it would not be worth the money to do cryo, but spend it on better fuel system, electronics and dyno tune. They also recommended moving the air intake sensor from the intake box to being mounted to the underside of the intake, then rewriting all ECU tables on the dyno. More work for them but provides a pretty stable system, especially on a blown car where great soak is a problem. They did this on my other car and it is amazing the difference in reliability and stable. My other car is just not finicky anymore. May not answer your question, but I tried! Hope it helps.

jeffboyette
07-27-2014, 12:05 PM
looks like a bung for a nitrous install. did you install it ?
It is definitely for meth.

jeffboyette
07-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Coloviper, It is ambient cure high temp ceramic. I did it myself. You cant powdercoat the gear assembly on the Paxton so I just prepped and sprayed the whole system. Ive seen people just remove and coat the snail housing, but I didnt think it looked good partially done.

jeffboyette
07-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Anyone else provide any insight?