PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Gen V owner in the DC Area!

SHADOWSNAKE
07-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself and share a little about me. My name is Rob and I met some of the Illinois crowd in Detroit last weekend during the homecoming. Based on what I saw, I signed up on the spot!

I currently am on my second Viper, a Gen V GTS, and I absolutely love the thing! Before that I had an 06 Gen III Coupe for about eight years, which was tough to sell, but I am very happy I got into the new car. I've been a die hard fan of Vipers since it all started. I saw my dream of owning one finally come true after Uncle Sam sent me on several vacations to some lovely garden spots.

I'm looking forward to linking up with the MD/VA VOA crew and hope to have this car at Summit Point in the future to put it through its paces! I also drop by Katie's C&C regularly to drool on the stable of shiny toys.

BlknBlu
07-24-2014, 07:34 AM
A big welcome to the VOA,

You have an awesome car there.

Bruce

venum4u
07-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Welcome, I too came from a GEN III coupe after 8 years of ownership traded it in last week for a GEN V also. Your ride looks fantastic.

Loud
07-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Awesome car. Congrats and welcome to the VOA.

Stretch
07-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Congrats and welcome!!!!

XSnake
07-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Welcome!!

V1P3R
07-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the club! Glad you decided to join the madness!

Great looking ride!

AbsolutHank
07-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Nice man! Where you located at in Maryland? I'm in Anne Arundel Co

FLATOUT
07-24-2014, 11:08 AM
I lived in maryland for 10 years, get with Absolute Hank who you probably already know. Congrats on the new car.

SHADOWSNAKE
07-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!

AbsolutHank, I'm in Silver Spring not too far from you. Pretty sure I was following behind you on the way back from Detroit. Awesome car, btw. I remember talking about your ride with another guy I met from Illinois. Love the wheels you have on that thing and the lowered ride height.

AbsolutHank
07-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Oh that was you?? It had Tennessee plates...didn't understand why the car was coming from Detroit to Tennessee, via Maryland!

Welcome BTW. Sending a PM

FLATOUT
07-24-2014, 09:17 PM
LOL I was on the phone with Ryan when you first drove by him on the freeway I think.

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!

AbsolutHank, I'm in Silver Spring not too far from you. Pretty sure I was following behind you on the way back from Detroit. Awesome car, btw. I remember talking about your ride with another guy I met from Illinois. Love the wheels you have on that thing and the lowered ride height.

Vipes
07-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Very nice!!!!

SHADOWSNAKE
07-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Haha, ya! The TN plates, soo being military means getting to keep registration in place due to incessant moves. I was in TN for years before MD (still have a house I can't sell there…sigh...) and chose to keep my TN plate, singular, and el cheapo reg fees per year. Cost me a tad bit more in sales tax, but works out in the long run. Also, I'm not forced to comply with the communist state of Maryland's emissions standards!

St.Char
07-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Congrats on the purchase, my favorite color too. Can't believe you had a hard time selling a Gen3 coupe though, those seem hard to come by.

Boba Fett
07-25-2014, 08:56 PM
congrats and welcome!

jeffboyette
07-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Waldorf MD here stationed at Andrews AFB

SHADOWSNAKE
07-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Hi Jeff, nice to meet you. How long have you been at Andrews?

SHADOWSNAKE
07-25-2014, 10:40 PM
St. Char, I didn't have an issue selling my Gen III (other than parting with it) but rather getting the dealer to give me what I needed to offset the Gen V price.

GTSJoe
08-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself and share a little about me. My name is Rob and I met some of the Illinois crowd in Detroit last weekend during the homecoming. Based on what I saw, I signed up on the spot!

I currently am on my second Viper, a Gen V GTS, and I absolutely love the thing! Before that I had an 06 Gen III Coupe for about eight years, which was tough to sell, but I am very happy I got into the new car. I've been a die hard fan of Vipers since it all started. I saw my dream of owning one finally come true after Uncle Sam sent me on several vacations to some lovely garden spots.

I'm looking forward to linking up with the MD/VA VOA crew and hope to have this car at Summit Point in the future to put it through its paces! I also drop by Katie's C&C regularly to drool on the stable of shiny toys.

Welcome to the club my friend. I live in Charles Town WV, 9 miles from summit point. Are you going to be in the area anytime soon? I owuld love to go crusing with another viper owner. PM me when you have a chance.

GTSJoe
08-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Nice man! Where you located at in Maryland? I'm in Anne Arundel Co

I live in Charles Town and would love to go cruising with other viper owners. PM me when you have a chance. If we get shadowsnake out we will have Gen’s 2, 4 and 5 out for a nice drive looking for varmints to squash.

SHADOWSNAKE
08-12-2014, 09:18 PM
I live in Charles Town and would love to go cruising with other viper owners. PM me when you have a chance. If we get shadowsnake out we will have Gen’s 2, 4 and 5 out for a nice drive looking for varmints to squash.

Hi Joe, nice to meet you. I make may way out there periodically for some track time at Summit Point. I was only able to get in a skidpad day this season, but I'm not too far away and more than happy to make the awesome drive out to WV! I'll PM after this