PDA

View Full Version : Nve-1;

GABOON
07-23-2014, 08:47 PM
what a trip, want to thank all for such a great adventure!!! what a ride!!! i meet so many great people from all over. all of you are outstanding!! to those i drove with, a special thanks, i enjoyed every mile running with all of you!!!!! it is a honor to have shared the adventure!!! again, thank you!!

ITSQK
07-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Your are a hoot to travel with. Sharon and I had a great time. Let's do it again.

LeadfootRT10
07-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Next time, you'd better run with us old man.

GABOON
07-28-2014, 09:38 AM
good idea huh? next time we should all run together, maybe we should start planning NVE-2 run now? trip was awesome road trip regardless of who i traveled with. sure a lot of cornfields!! i got all gas receipts on trip and figured milage-- math says i got 22.99843983253454 mpg!! just curious, how many tickets you guys get? i got a warning in Amarillo. bad left turn by Vince but intersection was really messed up layout. so hope you enjoyed vacation.

LeadfootRT10
07-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Eddie picked up one on our way to Detroit in Amarillo too. Otherwise the trip up was uneventful. the trip back was a different story. We were hunted in Iowa by state troopers and spent the entire 4 hours along US160 in Colorado being stalked by Colorado troopers. Finally we got stopped as a group in Indian country near Four Corners. Too much action from the cops in the last two days of our return trip. I managed 21-22 MPG for most of the trip. Some of the time in the mountains it dropped to 18, but good overall. Hopefully NVE2 will be earlier in the year, already hearing rumors of April or May, I'm sure that'll make it easier for us to coordinate better so we can travel as a large group. BTW, i found a picture of you on Instagram traveling back with Rich and Barry. I'll try to post it today.

Vprbite
07-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Todd, you got 21-22? Are you sure all four cylinders are firing? Also, make sure to feed the hampsters in the engine compartment before a long drive.

So how bad was the Ticket, Eddie?

I know four corners is a gauntlet. The love to pop out of towners there. Both Arizona and Colorado they hit ya. Good news is if you just pay the ticket it doesn't count against your license. Res tickets are their own issue.

Vprbite
07-29-2014, 05:19 AM
Eddie picked up one on our way to Detroit in Amarillo too. Otherwise the trip up was uneventful. the trip back was a different story. We were hunted in Iowa by state troopers and spent the entire 4 hours along US160 in Colorado being stalked by Colorado troopers. Finally we got stopped as a group in Indian country near Four Corners. Too much action from the cops in the last two days of our return trip. I managed 21-22 MPG for most of the trip. Some of the time in the mountains it dropped to 18, but good overall. Hopefully NVE2 will be earlier in the year, already hearing rumors of April or May, I'm sure that'll make it easier for us to coordinate better so we can travel as a large group. BTW, i found a picture of you on Instagram traveling back with Rich and Barry. I'll try to post it today.

They stopped the whole group in Indian country? Just to see what you were up to or speeding or what?

Also, when you are being hunted by troopers is when you gotta find a pay phone at a little restaurant or something and call in a bad wreck the other direction. I have heard of people doing that.

All in all it really sounds like a great trip. I hate that I couldn't make this one. Earlier in the year might make for some beautiful weather. I think the next one should be in San Diego. I can't wait to hear some stories from ya, Todd. Did you try drinking for the first time on this trip? I know you were wanting to see what it was like. Ya know what though, when I have hung out with some of our more, well lets just say members with more life experience, they hang pretty good when it's time to cause trouble in the bar. I am always quite proud of them for that.