PDA

View Full Version : VOA Homecoming Recovery

Janni
07-23-2014, 09:39 AM
OK - back home, got some much needed sleep. Almost feel human.

First off- it was absolutely amazing to meet so many of you and to put some faces with names. We've interacted so long on the forums, and I felt like I knew you - but so nice to be able to see everyone's smile.

Secondly - the event initially didn't start out to be such a "big production" because we didn't think we could pull it off. And then Maurice got turned loose. He is truly a force to be reckoned with. Randall worked with Tim and Wilson Printing on so many items, the packets were awesome - along with all the maps, other activities, etc. Brad freaking out on budget :D, Alex handling all the registration issues and keeping the puts and takes / cancellations, etc.

One item about Randall - I am personally so APPRECIATIVE of Randall's efforts to ensure that the door prize drawing was done with all the i's dotted and the t's crossed. Having independent validation of the process, and working with Bob Bierman and Alex on the live feed - well - it was done very professionally - and helped all all the legitimacy that this organization strives for. Well done.

Thanks to all who attended and made this event such a success. there were snags - yes - but we were all volunteers and moving as fast as we could. We've learned a lot ofter this - and Ed Bowser will be hosting a lessons learned session to ensure that we build on this for NVE 2 in NOLA. Everyone had such positive energy - it reminded us all of why we love this car club - because of the people. It's so much easier to do all this work when you can do it for such great folks, and see people having such a great time.

Onward!!!!

BlknBlu
07-23-2014, 09:47 AM
It was an incredible experience and the Board really put together a great event. I am so proud to be a part of this association and can not thank enough all those that made it possible. As a participant, the event went very smooth and the transition from VOA to SRT events made it like 1 big party.

Great work VOA

Bruce

XSnake
07-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Great job to all involved!

72hemi
07-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Recovery what is that? I have been on airplanes the last three days in a row ;-) Had a great time this weekend, what an incredible event and my hats off to everyone involved! It was great meeting people for the first time.

Janni
07-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Recovery what is that? I have been on airplanes the last three days in a row ;-) Had a great time this weekend, what an incredible event and my hats off to everyone involved! It was great meeting people for the first time.
Ha - I found time for sleep Sunday night, unlike some people....

BlknBlu
07-23-2014, 10:07 AM
I went to bed at midnight Sunday night and woke up again at 3 am for an 11 hour drive to home. There were still people in the bar living the dream. Dick Winkles car had clothing all over it including a bra. Big group of party animals. I recovered yesterday.

Bruce

ACRucrazy
07-23-2014, 10:12 AM
I think I was passed out before midnight. I find myself wondering how some of you do it... lol

ViperGTS
07-23-2014, 10:22 AM
For us, who attended, it was GREAT FUN. Although, a round trip of +10000 miles for 4 days isnt easy (or cheap) at all.

For you, who worked very hard to make it happen, it was exhausting...for sure.

Thanks a lot to all involved!

See ya @ NOLA.

BTW, what was the missing region?

ViperTony
07-23-2014, 10:27 AM
I slept for a about 4 hours Friday night. I haven't been able to sleep since then and certainly not after Sunday, lol. I don't I can ever recover from NVE1. That's not a bad thing! Thank you all for a great event.

daytonprowler
07-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Big THANK YOU to Janni and Sandi for all their hard work in the launch of the new VOA Store at NVE1!

chesapeake07
07-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks to all of those that made this phenomenal event happen. It was a blast.;)

Stretch
07-23-2014, 11:44 AM
I went to bed at midnight Sunday night and woke up again at 3 am for an 11 hour drive to home. There were still people in the bar living the dream. Dick Winkles car had clothing all over it including a bra. Big group of party animals. I recovered yesterday.

Bruce

There were absolutely no shenanigans at 3am at the hotel. None.

Thanks to everyone that helped make this event awesome!! I had a fantastic time!!

VYPR BYT
07-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Awesome time... Well Done!

01sapphirebob
07-23-2014, 03:49 PM

I do not believe that for one second. :D

01sapphirebob
07-23-2014, 03:53 PM
OK - back home, got some much needed sleep. Almost feel human.

First off- it was absolutely amazing to meet so many of you and to put some faces with names. We've interacted so long on the forums, and I felt like I knew you - but so nice to be able to see everyone's smile.

Secondly - the event initially didn't start out to be such a "big production" because we didn't think we could pull it off. And then Maurice got turned loose. He is truly a force to be reckoned with. Randall worked with Tim and Wilson Printing on so many items, the packets were awesome - along with all the maps, other activities, etc. Brad freaking out on budget :D, Alex handling all the registration issues and keeping the puts and takes / cancellations, etc.

One item about Randall - I am personally so APPRECIATIVE of Randall's efforts to ensure that the door prize drawing was done with all the i's dotted and the t's crossed. Having independent validation of the process, and working with Bob Bierman and Alex on the live feed - well - it was done very professionally - and helped all all the legitimacy that this organization strives for. Well done.

Thanks to all who attended and made this event such a success. there were snags - yes - but we were all volunteers and moving as fast as we could. We've learned a lot ofter this - and Ed Bowser will be hosting a lessons learned session to ensure that we build on this for NVE 2 in NOLA. Everyone had such positive energy - it reminded us all of why we love this car club - because of the people. It's so much easier to do all this work when you can do it for such great folks, and see people having such a great time.

Onward!!!!

Thank you. I'm just glad I was able to be part of the event in some way. It was a long drive to london but it was well worth it. :)

PatrickB
07-23-2014, 03:55 PM

No no, if Stretch was there, I have a feeling that shenanigans were indeed present as well.. ;)

...and probably some Super Troopers quoting at some point, too.. :D

Stretch
07-23-2014, 04:09 PM
I do not believe that for one second. :D

No no, if Stretch was there, I have a feeling that shenanigans were indeed present as well.. ;)

...and probably some Super Troopers quoting at some point, too.. :D

Hey Farva, what's that restaurant you like with the goofy stuff on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Side note that I was just thinking. The "goodie bag" was AWESOME! I absolutely love the coasters, they are amazing. Whoever came up with that, well done.

Janni
07-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Maurice and the team put a lot of thought into the gift. We decided to go with quality over quantity. the coasters were indeed awesome, and the sterling necklace for the ladies was a classy way to show your support of the Viper and the VOA. Some of us are already thinking about adding certain gemstones to the tach logo to bling it up a little.... LOL

Glad you enjoyed the event gift - I too though that they were worthy of the car, the club and the attendees...

PatrickB
07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Hey Farva, what's that restaurant you like with the goofy stuff on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

You mean Shenanigans?

:D

1ststrike
07-23-2014, 06:05 PM
I can't believe that our leadership put a club together, got this type of membership this fast, then goes out and puts on an event of this caliber and got Chrysler to open its doors to not only the factory but the proving grounds without having to be searched which was the case when i have been there before (no phones, cameras or recorders). WOW!!! But hold on don't stop there. Then they somehow come up with the ability to give a way a car to its members. Unbelievable!!! Thanks so much for a great event!!!!

VENOMISS
07-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Believe it 1ststrike, it's called teamwork. Saying we have a GREAT team is an understatement! Great to meet every one! 2509 miles driven for me. Worth the price of admission 100x over!!!! Still recovering... Thanks to all that made it happen - CAAP, SRT, Dodge, CPG, VOA, Prefix & all the volunteers. Looking forward to seeing everyone at NOLA!

Stretch
07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
You mean Shenanigans?

:D

Doooooooooh!

VYPR BYT
07-23-2014, 09:12 PM
You do realize "Doh" is pronounced "doe" and "Doooooooooh" is pronounced "dew"? :smilielol:

SmoknTires
07-23-2014, 10:20 PM
I echo Janni's words - but she also deserves a thanks as she helped in the background before the event and slaved over merchandise sales and ticket distribution along with Sandi and Bob white.

So many people contributed. I always say if we had time this would be a lot more fun. Now that we're done, this will slow down a bit and phase 2 activities (merchandise portal, NVE2, quality improvement, etc...) can begin.

While it's a shame that "someone" outside of this club (who were identified) felt compelled to call the police about "an illegal raffle", it was vindication as a detective scrutinized and proved this was legal and done well.

Thanks all for the sweat that went into this. NVE2 is planned to be a big event that is our shot at an over the top first rate event (and no limits on total participants). I can't wait! Vipers in New Orleans sounds awesome. And I want to thank Ed Bowser and others who helped get so much planning for NVE2 done. It shows how much the VOA is committed to quality and timeliness. I'm proud to be associated with this club!

Canadian venom
07-24-2014, 06:43 AM
NVE 1 was awsome !!!! Congrats to all but this will put extra pressure on Ed for NVE 2:devilish:

Dusty1
07-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks to all for a wonderful time. The folks in this club make it the best! Great time and well worth the drive from Houston. Truely a bucket list event!

Richard

ICPREY
07-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Yep, thanks to all that made it possible, it was a great event.

esqeddy
07-24-2014, 09:44 PM
With all in life, there is good and bad.

The good? A fantastic adventure for all involved. Brilliant in its conception, wonderful and warm in its execution, spectacular in its climax with the drawing for the car. My hat is off to all those involved. Such obvious hard work and attention to detail. It was an exceptional event that will be difficult to match much less exceed.

And therein is the bad. The bar is now set so very very high. Those in charge of the NVE2 event are going to have their work cut out for them!!!

Is it too soon to make reservations in New Orleans? HAHAHA!!!