PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic, tuner, Dyno

Hotrodder00
07-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Hey gang!

Anyone know of a good shop that knows what they're doing with supercharged vipers in AZ?

Also looking for someone to Dyno tune and works with the SCT brand.

Thanks!

Adam

plumcrazy
07-18-2014, 05:49 AM
not in arizona but if i was that close to todd at A&C or dan at DC you can be damn sure id be going to talk to them (cali)

mjorgensen
07-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Eddie Martin is in AZ, he used to work at one of the dealerships, but think he has moved on now, I may have a number if you need it.

Hotrodder00
07-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys, I'm probably going to go with Todd. Eddie had my car for 18 months (not his fault), but has very limited capabilities with supercharged cars!

Vprbite
07-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Have you talked to Cordes Performance? I have their number if you need it but should just be on their web page. They are on the east side but they do big HP/FI builds all the time. 1k HP GTR and TT Vipers, pure race cars, that kind of stuff. We checked out their shop about a year ago. They had some nice builds going on. I am going to have them do an install for a keyless system n my car. Just gotta set aside the money. I have had a bunch of stuff eating up my fun money lately. But anyway you might want to check em out and see if it works for you. It's a lot easier than California.

Good luck with the build. Let us know how it turns out.

Hotrodder00
07-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks, I will definitely check them out!!

Vprbite
07-21-2014, 08:14 PM
I was at my desk today and grabbed his card. Joseph Cordes is the owner. Number is 480-359-5914.

Like I said they do lots of high HP builds and I know they have done FI on Gen 2's and they were just working in a gen V so I assume they know their way around the Gen 3 pretty well. When we talked on the phone about how I wanted to do toggle switches he seemed to know the layout of the dash pretty well, which is an indication that he at least as some decent experience with the vehicle to know exactly where the gauges were and where the dash curved and such.. But it's definitely worth a shot to see if you feel like using them. A lot easier than driving to California.

Let us know how it all works out. Best of luck with the build.

GABOON
07-23-2014, 08:34 PM
just back from Detroit, was surprised to see something about supercharged snakes. i run a pro charger F1 and am curious about whats up... snake is a 99 gts/acr; i run snow performance boost juice system also.. make my own juice. what you got? keep in touch, let me know what you find out, who.. etc.

GABOON
07-23-2014, 09:16 PM
adam, i just sent info to my lady friends dad--- greenway auto repair. shop is on greenway. he has several serious supercharged toys so i assume he may be ace in hole; i sent e-mail to him and am waiting reply. he has dyno and all related equipment. told him whats up, let you know.

Hotrodder00
07-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys! It's an '04 with an arrow racing rebuild. It had to be resleeved, so I went with Mahle forged pistons and Lunati H beam rods. It's got a 708 mild cam, Crower 1.7 rockers, stock lifters, and trend one piece pushrods. Then Belanger header back exhaust. And finallly, a Paxton supercharger with no fuel system upgrades.

So, I've got several emails and calls out and we'll see where we go. I really just want a reliable, fast car. Not looking to run huge boost, nitrous, etc. I've "owned" the car for about 2 years, and it's been in my garage for less than 5 months. A lot of that was because we were in litigation, etc, but I just want a car I can drive right now!

GABOON
07-24-2014, 10:09 AM
try bill makenzie(owner) of greenway auto repair, 2828 greenway road, phx. 85032. phone is 602-992-5500. he has tuned many supercharged systems; knows his stuff; check online at greenwayrepair@aol.com--