PDA

View Full Version : Voa homecoming: Marriott inn auburn hills: Changing reservations! Unethical!

A2008
07-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Just received an E-mail tonight at 8:00 pm from Marriott in Auburn Hills telling me that my reservation that I made back in February has been cancelled and changed to a Hotel in Troy MI.

Phone calls have been made but the manager making the change has left for the evening. Will surely speak to him in the AM and probably his superiors! I am wondering if this has happened to other members who are in route, only to get to the hotel and find that they been moved! I can't believe they would pull this crap the day before leaving. My reservation was made way back in February when the announcement was first made about VOA. I believe in first come first serve! I'm betting some big shot Chrysler Exec changed his mind at the last minute, so they decided to kick us poor peons out of the hotel! Pretty sad state. Hope it doesn't happen to a lot of other members here. May see you there, or maybe not!

Brian GTS
07-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Same thing happened to one of our members today. Total BS!

daytonprowler
07-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Just sent an email to Maurice for him to see what the heck is going on. He is there already.

Viper Girl
07-16-2014, 11:33 PM
I would think most Chrysler exec's already live there... and woldn't need a hotel room...

Sounds like they overbooked the hotel.

Sic Maurice on them... Nothing works better than a face to face intervention... :t0135:

mauricev10
07-17-2014, 12:02 AM
Just received an E-mail tonight at 8:00 pm from Marriott in Auburn Hills telling me that my reservation that I made back in February has been cancelled and changed to a Hotel in Troy MI.

Phone calls have been made but the manager making the change has left for the evening. Will surely speak to him in the AM and probably his superiors! I am wondering if this has happened to other members who are in route, only to get to the hotel and find that they been moved! I can't believe they would pull this crap the day before leaving. My reservation was made way back in February when the announcement was first made about VOA. I believe in first come first serve! I'm betting some big shot Chrysler Exec changed his mind at the last minute, so they decided to kick us poor peons out of the hotel! Pretty sad state. Hope it doesn't happen to a lot of other members here. May see you there, or maybe not!

Apologies for the mixup. it has nothing to do with Chrysler executives. they live locally and none are staying at this hotel.

Reservations that were made prior to opening registration for the event were canceled, and the Marriott told me a notice was sent to those people informing them that they were canceled and they would need to remake reservations after event registration opened. Reservations were not supposed to be made in our room block prior to event registration beginning because we did not want people blocking rooms and then not registering for the event.

Unfortunately, the Marriott is sold out now, however, I believe there are still rooms available at the Courtyard across the street which is a lot closer than the Troy Marriott, and is part of our event.. I will confirm in the morning. Please call the Marriott Centerpoint and talk to Melanie Miller, our event manager, and (nicely) explain your situation, and I'm sure she will do her best to accommodate you as best as we can.

Again, sorry for the mixup, but to my knowledge, the Marriott did notify people whose reservations were canceled.

mauricev10
07-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Apologies for the mixup. it has nothing to do with Chrysler executives. they live locally and none are staying at this hotel.

Reservations that were made prior to opening registration for the event were canceled, and the Marriott told me a notice was sent to those people informing them that they were canceled and they would need to remake reservations after event registration opened. Reservations were not supposed to be made in our room block prior to event registration beginning because we did not want people blocking rooms and then not registering for the event.

Unfortunately, the Marriott is sold out now, however, I believe there are still rooms available at the Courtyard across the street which is a lot closer than the Troy Marriott, and is part of our event.. I will confirm in the morning. Please call the Marriott Centerpoint and talk to Melanie Miller, our event manager, and (nicely) explain your situation, and I'm sure she will do her best to accommodate you as best as we can.

Again, sorry for the mixup, but to my knowledge, the Marriott did notify people whose reservations were canceled.

More...
Ok, I just read the actual message (sorry, working thru emails) and this is a different situation than what I described above.

I will discuss with Marriott in the morning and see if we can get you into the Courtyard across the street rather than in Troy.

Very sorry, not sure how this happened.

mauricev10
07-17-2014, 06:59 AM

What's your name so I can look up your reservation? Did you make the reservation in our room block or independently? If you're not in our room block, we won't have visibility or control over your reservation.

Email me. Maurice.liang@driveviper.com

A2008
07-17-2014, 08:20 AM
To all the other people that made reservations early like I did, you're screwed also! Just got off the phone with Melody. I was nice! But no go. Total BS! She stated she’s had a lot of other calls also! Nothing like waiting until the last day to screw with people’s lives! Even though I informed the hotel I was Part of the VOA when I made the reservation, they never bothered to check when they decided to cancel all reservations that were not in the VOA block. I can only hope you're not on the road and not find out about this until you arrive at the hotel. Good Luck!

XSnake
07-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Wow, I worked in the hospitality industry for 10+ years. It's common practice to oversell a hotel but the group sales coordinator has completely dropped the ball on this. You never walk people from a group. They should be walking individual reservations not with the group.

VYPR BYT
07-17-2014, 12:54 PM
I reserved early in February and sometime later got an email saying there was some type of problem with the room block so I'd need to call and cancel that one and redo it.
I rescheduled on May 4th.
I called them 2 days ago to make sure my confirmation# was still in good standing and they confirmed that all is well.
Guess I'll find out for sure when I get there.

Janni
07-18-2014, 09:52 PM
So far we have confirmed that as long as you were a part of the room block (I.e. reserved after you registered for the VOA event,) no rooms were canceled or moved.

Some folks may have booked early but were no part of the room block then so they would have been hard to identify as VOA members.