PDA

View Full Version : Just added another to my stable !!

slitherv10
11-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Just picked up a Venom red SRT-10 with the two tone interior about an hour ago. My 96 B/W Daytona car was getting a little lonely since I sold his brother (another B/W stock) this summer.
Thought this would be something totally different. It will be interesting to see the difference in ride and power between the two. I do have some added goodies to the 96 which gives it some "spice" but, never the less. it should be interesting. Now if only this crappy weather would lighten up and allow me to find out.641642

ACRucrazy
11-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Enjoy the Gen IV! Have fun about 4,000 RPM!

slitherv10
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Enjoy the Gen IV! Have fun about 4,000 RPM!

Thanks...4000 RPM's you say huh?..why's that?

Very Nice

Thanks Jeff (hopefully it is Jeff )

St.Char
11-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Yep...she's a beauty!

slitherv10
11-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Yep...she's a beauty!

Thanks....looks good from here too !!

ACRucrazy
11-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks...4000 RPM's you say huh?..why's that?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17zeozjwvnp1pgif/original.gif

pony23
11-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Nice new toy. That is a great color too.

slitherv10
11-07-2013, 11:39 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17zeozjwvnp1pgif/original.gif

Ya OK...lol..too funny man !!

Nice new toy. That is a great color too.

Thanks ...I like the color. I know the louder colors like the SSG or cars with stripes etc stand out more, but, its the subtle end of this cars color that stands out. Its a classy color. In the sun the car just shouts out at you. Its like the stryker red 2013. It doesn't really say much until you look deeper into it.
I love it !! I have to say though, its a lot tighter inside the cockpit then my Gen 2 car is. Not as comfortable if you ask me. Not a 2013 interior but a few levels up from my Gen 2.

ROKTMAN
11-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Saweet addition!

ViperGTS
11-08-2013, 02:19 AM
Well, you will love it. The ride/handling/steering/braking is so much better.
However, a GTS cant be beat in the sexy look competition!
I love both ;)644

golfer15
11-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Congrats Tommy!!

It's a beauty. You'll notice the difference, especially in the clutch.

Just an FYI.....RED!!!!

Shooter
11-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Nice.! congrats

Ricketts
11-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Nice pickup! I'd love to have me a GEN IV to go with my GEN II myself.

BlknBlu
11-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Great color in person and love the H wheels.

Bruce

slitherv10
11-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Saweet addition!

Thanks Rock...Nice truck by the way !!

Leslie
11-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Wow, you have to be so excited, congrats!

Love the color too♡

slitherv10
11-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Saweet addition!

Thanks again Rock

Well, you will love it. The ride/handling/steering/braking is so much better.
However, a GTS cant be beat in the sexy look competition!
I love both ;)644

Can't wait to try her out. (oops I hope my wife ain't listening) Feels more responsive on the throttle. Feels tighter inside but looks more refined for sure. Can't wait to feel the brakes and take the top down. Had convertibles mostly in the past and kinda miss them in a sense. Never thought I would but here we are.

Congrats Tommy!!

It's a beauty. You'll notice the difference, especially in the clutch.

Just an FYI.....RED!!!!

Clutch eh?< Canadian thing. Now lets not get into conclusions. Theirs red and then theirs Venom Red. I m considering putting blue somewhere. Add some more HP to it/ Give it some spunk. Venom red is Red with Grey added to it. hmmmm....something I'll have to live with.:cool:

Nice.! congrats

Thanks Shoots

Nice pickup! I'd love to have me a GEN IV to go with my GEN II myself.
Well you know how that commercial goes...if you want it....go get it. I know I know, easy said but not easily done. I'm still looking for an ACR I would like to add as well. Want to stick to a Canadian car though. Don't want the border hassle crap that's all.

Great color in person and love the H wheels.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I do love the color. Definitely like Stryker Red. You gotta see it in person to love it really.

Rukcus
11-08-2013, 08:17 AM
:O I believe that one was posted on the forums right ?? You beat me to it :) Looked like a sweet heart deal of a price. Congratulations on the gen 4

slitherv10
11-08-2013, 08:30 AM
:O I believe that one was posted on the forums right ?? You beat me to it :) Looked like a sweet heart deal of a price. Congratulations on the gen 4

Thanks Mike. Worked out great. I was starting to get the blues (no pun intended on word/color choice), since I sold my other B/W. Garage looked empty and the other B/W looked lonely. So Bam! I pulled the trigger. Oh well. Fun to experience it. Have not had a vert since my Vette a few years back. Don't miss them but they are fun to drive on nice summer days. I got the long hair thing happening and verts don't go well with me.

SLViper
11-08-2013, 08:39 AM
649 Nice Ride! Stone white stripes can turn up the Volume!

slowhatch
11-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Nice addition! I think venom red looks best without stripes. It's too classy a color and clashes with white/black/silver...etc.

Rukcus
11-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Nice addition! I think venom red looks best without stripes. It's too classy a color and clashes with white/black/silver...etc.

Im with him !

Rukcus
11-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Since most of us don't drive at the cars potential we can focus on having the top down which lets us enjoy that sound much better. Besides you can wrap that hair up in a bun :lol2:

slowhatch
11-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Since most of us don't drive at the cars potential we can focus on having the top down which lets us enjoy that sound much better. Besides you can wrap that hair up in a bun :lol2:

For the ones that still have hair ;)

VPRPWRD
11-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Very nice!

eucharistos
11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
very nice, congrats

ViperGTS
11-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Top down and 180 mph is loud.
Very.
Hair?
Is irrelevant at that speed!
:orange:

slitherv10
11-08-2013, 03:20 PM
649 Nice Ride! Stone white stripes can turn up the Volume!

Was thinking about that, but wanted this car for the formal nights out with the wife. Can't really go out for a formal dinner or wedding in a Daytona looking load as hell GTS B/W. Just my opinion.

Agree for what I bought it for, yes.

Ill look like a Biatch then. I'd rather let it blow in the wind and watch all the desperados chasing me thinking im a catch, Until they get close enough to find out....then.....BAM:lol2:

For the ones that still have hair ;)

true enough. If you need any, let me know and ill save some next haircut. That should be, well...lets see....December 23rd 2016.

Very nice!

Thanks for the compliment. Never get old hearing nice words

very nice, congrats

Thanks again and nice to see you here.

Top down and 180 mph is loud.
Very.
Hair?
Is irrelevant at that speed!
:orange:

I agree totally. Hair will be about 4 ft behind me at that moment. ha ha:car-smiley-003:

ACRucrazy
11-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Get it out and rev it up, let us know your impressions of 2-3 gear WOT to redline! :orange:

slitherv10
11-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Get it out and rev it up, let us know your impressions of 2-3 gear WOT to redline! :orange:

Well just got back from a quick spin. Here are my impressions :

Throttle response is different. More responsive for sure. I guess the electronic change up from the cable is what does it. Kinda need to get used to it really

Brakes are not even in the same league really. Gen 2 still has the factory single piston in the rear. Just like Buckleys mxture though, its awful but it works.

Handling is much more responsive as well. Yet my Gen 2 does have the suspension set up and handles well 2.25 inches lower than stock height keeps me well supported around corners along with the very low profile tires all around.

Ride quality is definitely more supportive but, to my Gen 2's defense, I do have coil overs and springs and it does hold itself very well although stiff.

Inside the cock[it, it definitely holds you better and a lot finer quality features over the rubber console/dash the 96 has.

Overall I am very impressed with the Gen 4. Definitely a few steps up from the gen 2 as far as engineering is concerned. The styling though still has to grow on me. The Gen 2 definitely holds the throne there ( for me anyway).

You got to love the Viper though. It is still quite a car no matter what year or style, it is in my opinion a formidable opponent among the competition.

I an only imagine what driving the 2013 car would feel like even beyond the Gen 4. I see B/W Launch Edition written all over my forehead.

Leslie
11-08-2013, 06:52 PM
awsome!

throttle response is different than GenII, in what way? other than hp...?

so, are you sleeping in the Viper tonight? haha

slitherv10
11-08-2013, 07:35 PM
awsome!

throttle response is different than GenII, in what way? other than hp...?

so, are you sleeping in the Viper tonight? haha

Although this is my 3rd viper in 4 years I still got the butterflies when I picked it up. I slept in the first one for months. Not that wipped at this point.
The Gen 2 when you press on it, it has a wave of motion to accelerate, the Gen 4 just goes. No motion, no lag, no thought behind the act.

golfer15
11-09-2013, 04:50 AM

Oh, I want pictures of this!!! He would look sooooooooooooo cute with a bun!!!
Hey Slither, if you want, Carm has some hair clips you can borrow.

Thanks Mike, I think you started something new here, or should I say new "hair". Ok gents time to chime in on this one:fpopcorn:

VYPR BYT
11-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Nice!
I always thought these venom reds looked better with the top up. That black top goes so nice with the paint.

Mike

J TNT
11-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Nice Ride Tommy ! Look forward to seeing it at our next outing ! :)

J TNT
11-09-2013, 07:05 AM
LMAO Golfer ! :o

Thanks Mike, I think you started something new here, or should I say new "hair". Ok gents time to chime in on this one:fpopcorn:

Hyph
11-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Congrats Tommy!

Was good catching up with you the other night.

06_SRT
11-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Nice add to the stable!

slitherv10
11-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Congrats Tommy!

Was good catching up with you the other night.

Thanks Keith,

Nice to hear from you again also. Always great talking Vipers with you.
thanks for your help regarding certain issues as well.

slitherv10
11-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Nice Ride Tommy ! Look forward to seeing it at our next outing ! :)

For sure Jay. It would be nice to see you guys again. Its been a while. We should have a meet before Christmas.

slitherv10
11-09-2013, 08:48 PM

Only thing I am afraid of in the Hair category is that it will one day turn " GREY". The color of old. Now you could also say hair turns "SILVER" (Mike) and that would be a sad day as well. I sure you 2 had that in mind when picking your car colors to match your present status. You old farts !!