PDA

View Full Version : Reminder! Summer/Fall Cruises

VOAIllinois
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
We have a busy couple of months for cruises - and they are BIG ones! We started the year off with a one day cruise that was heavily attended. However we now have 2 multiday cruises that we need to get folks registered for as timing is critical. They are below. Get signed up quickly!

Summer Cruise - July 17-21

This trip is built around the National Viper Event (NVE) to Detroit next month. Every IL region member is driving so we'll have 50 cars coming! With 20% of all attendees being IL Region members, it'll be a sight to see (and a 1 in 5 chance of one of us winning the free Viper!). We will be leaving the day before the event so that we can get down there comfortably. We will leave the Lincoln Oasis in South Holland at 8:30am (please arrive well before so that we don't leave without you). The South Holland Oasis is a rest area overpass on east-bound i80, just east of where 294 and 80 intersect (GPS: 175 Tri-State Tollway, South Holland, IL 60473). Make sure your tank is full! We head east as a large group and we'll have several stops along the way. Among them will be a nice lunch stop (don't eat too much as we will have an early lunch due to time change). After that we'll have a special stop where we'll be touring the Jiffy-Mix factory! This 115 year old company are the makers of baking mix for many popular products. We'll tour their factory for one hour and then hit the road. We will arrive at our hotel and have time to check in and freshen up/relax. Then we've arranged a special IL Region dinner at Lelli's @ 7:30pm! The next day, we'll follow the schedule for NVE which will be a real hoot with tons of Viper immersion. For those who want to travel back as a group after the event, we'll leave at 9am Monday morning. There is no need to mail in a registration form, simply meet up with us at the starting location at the Lincoln Oasis! There are no costs for this cruise.

For more information on this cruise, you can visit the website and get all the details on this trip at: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/jul-17-20-national-viper-detroit-homecoming/

Fall Cruise - August 8-10

This will be a really neat vacation style trip we are going to love! It's got a touch of everything as we head north to Wisconsin! We have a large variety of things we'll be doing. We'll be visiting club member businesses: Schumann Printers and SnakeOyl products. We'll then head to Wisconsin Dells for tours, shows, and dinners. The last day will be filled with Viper racing as we head to Elkhart Lake to watch the IMSA race (if you recall, last year we witness the Viper's 1st place finish!). This will be a really laid-back and enjoyable cruise for all! The registration form is attached, you can also download it from our website. Please make your hotel reservations ASAP!! Due to the race, hotels sell out months in advance and our room block is only open until July 8th! Cost of the cruise is $40/pp.

For information on this cruise, you can visit the website and get all the details on this trip at: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/fall-cruise-factory-toursdellssrt-race/

For both cruises - As always, if you have walkie-talkies, bring them down! They help us coordinate while we're driving and of course we always have other "interesting" conversation… ;.)

See you there!

Loud
07-17-2014, 07:58 AM
I can't do a multiple day trip. Can I drive directly to Elkhart Lake and participate with the club? I will plan to get there early. Let me know what I have to pay and where I can meet up once they are finalized please.

A

Roller
07-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Registration for the RoadAmerica event is on the drivesrt website under racing. I signed up this morning.

Frank

The_Greg
07-17-2014, 10:13 AM
FYI, you can already buy your SRT ticket packages for Road America.

It sounds like for $115, you get the SRT corral experience, food, and paddock passes (for driving your car though the paddock?).

It looks like they omitted the parade lap this year. Perhaps the ordeal took too long, or we misbehaved ourselves :P

Loud
07-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks guy. I'll check it out.