PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Hellcat...but

F2V
07-09-2014, 08:49 AM
...the taste of my 13' G5 experience still looms large. Poor marketing/advertising, dealer cars made before customer builds, high price in shaky economy, poor sales leading to deep discounts later, etc., etc. On the fence, may jump or wait it out for 2016 model year...curious too about the upcoming Charger.

SlateEd
07-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Unless there's a manual coming for the Charger (doubt it) then don't let that stop you! what would be the sense of 707hp without being able to dump the clutch ? :-)

The biggest thing I noticed about the 2015s at NYIAS is the interior style and materials improvement in the Challenger.. they look awesome! that's not going to change between 15 and 16, and it's a wild improvement over 2014 and before.

98intrigue
07-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Unless there's a manual coming for the Charger (doubt it) then don't let that stop you! what would be the sense of 707hp without being able to dump the clutch ? :-)

The biggest thing I noticed about the 2015s at NYIAS is the interior style and materials improvement in the Challenger.. they look awesome! that's not going to change between 15 and 16, and it's a wild improvement over 2014 and before.
There's a manual.

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/challenger-srt-hellcat/

bluesrt
07-09-2014, 09:21 AM
but the sc challenger has small narrow 6cl wheels on the back still, I just don't get it.. prolly wont buy one cause of it

Nine Ball
07-09-2014, 09:50 AM
We can get a 305 wide rear tire under it, if we do custom wheels. Dodge should have designed this tank for 345's though. Camaro tucks 315 easily.

swexlin
07-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Charger I believe will be auto only. But the 8-speed, so it is going to be fun. Hell, my 6.1/5-speed is fun, so I can't even imagine the Hellcat!

Bugman Jeff
07-09-2014, 09:52 AM
With a car like this, I'd want to wait until there are some on the road. With that much HP, in a car that heavy, something is bound to break when someone puts sticky tires on it. It would be nice to let someone else be the guinea pig and discover the weak links first.

Uncle Paul
07-09-2014, 10:16 AM
707 HP with a full warranty. What's not to love.

Black Pearl
07-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Anyone know when the Hellcat will be at the dealers and what the MSRP will be?

swexlin
07-09-2014, 11:31 AM
No pricing announced yet, and apparently the order date has now been postponed as well.

I will say, I'm headed to Carlisle tomorrow. Last year, they main stage had an Orange Viper TA. While there was a lot of interest, SRT didn't really push it. THIS year, on Friday, they are doing a HUGE hoopla over the Hellcat, with a walkaround, cake (yum) media, and othere evens. Carlisle and Dodge have been tweeting an Facebooking about every 10 seconds. I don't disagree with this, but they SHOULD Have done this with the Viper last year as well.

Ohiotj
07-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Looks like the order banks open on August 8th.

Policy Limits
07-09-2014, 12:59 PM
What % of customers who bought a new viper in 13 would buy a new Dodge again? That would make for an interesting poll.

Late Apex
07-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Anyone know when the Hellcat will be at the dealers and what the MSRP will be? Im waiting for the same answer from my local salesman as I may get one but very leery about availability of warranty parts when needed. Dodge has been way behind on getting warranty or replacement parts.

98intrigue
07-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Someone posted $59,990 on the Challenger forum and order date of 8/8.

F2V
07-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Back to the intent of the thread. This car has HUGE bragging rights, and if I saw it in a 10-15 sec TV commercial 2-3 times a week on various TV channels, I'd be running to Bill with deposit it hand, for fear I'd never get one, even with my G5 experience! As it is, didn't know about the car, till I saw it posted in the General thread board here. Keep in mind, majority of people don't know about a hot car release etc, until they see it is some form of advertising or word of mouth...then they go the to auto rags to get the scope...that's my opinion anyway.

As for price, I be guessing a top out at $80k++ with Laguna interior option, etc. No prob for me, but the boards and rags would beat this number to death...remember the $140k Viper at jumpstreet, and how it was followed to the end?

swexlin
07-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Back to the intent of the thread. This car has HUGE bragging rights, and if I saw it in a 10-15 sec TV commercial 2-3 times a week on various TV channels, I'd be running to Bill with deposit it hand, for fear I'd never get one, even with my G5 experience! As it is, didn't know about the car, till I saw it posted in the General thread board here. Keep in mind, majority of people don't know about a hot car release etc, until they see it is some form of advertising or word of mouth...then they go the to auto rags to get the scope...that's my opinion anyway.

As for price, I be guessing a top out at $80k++ with Laguna interior option, etc. No prob for me, but the boards and rags would beat this number to death...remember the $140k Viper at jumpstreet, and how it was followed to the end?

It made front page headlines on CNN Money and CNN Websites, at least two that I know of. I've had "non-car-guys" ask me about it, because they had read about it in general media.

Ohiotj
07-09-2014, 05:22 PM
60k seems to low for this car. It would make it interesting to see if that's how low it is though. My bet is low 70s for a base hellcat.

Lawrenzo
07-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Base Shelby GT500 was only $55k. Although fully loaded would run that up to around $70k,

Viktimize
07-09-2014, 05:39 PM
60k seems to low for this car. It would make it interesting to see if that's how low it is though. My bet is low 70s for a base hellcat.

If Dodge could make the Hellcat for virtually the same price as a regular 6.4 SRT, then that would be amazing. But I don't see anyway this car comes in that low at 60k. This is definitely an 80-85k loaded car.

ViperSmith
07-09-2014, 07:30 PM
After ordering my 2013 Gen V and having to go through that nightmare, paying what I paid, now seeing prices - I don't think I'll be jumping on the first year of a Dodge product ever again.

Policy Limits
07-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Run 10's much? Wow!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYol7m3WjGQ&feature=youtu.be

F2V
07-11-2014, 01:54 PM
It made front page headlines on CNN Money and CNN Websites, at least two that I know of. I've had "non-car-guys" ask me about it, because they had read about it in general media.

I be talking about a PAID out of marketing budget, Dodge/SRT advertising tv blitz...not what is the latest and greatest in the auto world, picked up by cable cnn to fill time, even though I missed it.

Lawrenzo
07-11-2014, 01:56 PM
With drag radials. In the small print you see it ran 11.2XX on factory tires- still smoking hot fast!

F2V
07-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Run 10's much? Wow!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYol7m3WjGQ&feature=youtu.be

Got me a boner on that tube, Policy. The "ever, EVER" comment is a huge in your face to Gm/Ford. Now, if Nineball comes up with 345-355 wheels (preferably, forgeline center hubs) that are functional and esthetically doable on Challenger, I'll be a buyer...probably will be anyway :-)

IndyRon
07-11-2014, 05:40 PM
As much as I like the car, I'd never pay 80k for it. I would pay 60k for it, maybe 65k max. For 80k I'd rather find me a used Gen 5 in Stryker Green in the next 6-12 months as they come on the market 2nd hand and be just as fast and much cooler looking and handling. I know that there are some who will pay the premium for the bragging rights though. I'm too much of a pragmatist.

Viktimize
07-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Put this drivetrain in something cool like the GC or 300 and I would be all over it. But having it in something as heavy as a big sedan, but without the convenience of the extra 2 doors seems pointless to me. Doesn't suit my taste but I know there will be a huge market for this car. I just can't believe people are still nitpicking this thing though. It is a stock delivered 707hp with a full bumper to bumper warranty, how the hell can anyone complain about that?

Shooter
07-12-2014, 08:28 AM
After ordering my 2013 Gen V and having to go through that nightmare, paying what I paid, now seeing prices - I don't think I'll be jumping on the first year of a Dodge product ever again.

There is a good chance that quite a few other's have this outlook. SRT dropped the ball with the Gen V marketing imo, and also with building customer cars last. Hopefully they are aware enough to not repeat the mistake.

Policy Limits
07-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Well the kick start my heart motley Crüe marking they're utilizing now couldn't be more on point or more kick ass.

ACRucrazy
07-12-2014, 10:08 AM
It was in the marketing plan long before this I am sure. When Motley Crue announced their final tour, what... 6 months ago? Dodge was plastered all over everything.
BTW.. I totally snagged up some tickets to the show!

http://cdn.motley.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MotleyHomeSlider21.jpg

johniew398
07-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Pricing will be interesting. GM asks $75k for a base Z28.

Policy Limits
07-16-2014, 12:45 PM
59k. That's a lot of car for the dough.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1093305_heres-a-challenger-srt-hellcat-third-gear-burnout-to-celebrate-leaked-60000-price-tag-video?fbfanpage

swexlin
07-16-2014, 01:10 PM
People's perspective on big is funny. I consider my Charger to be "mid-size" (I know, EPA classifies as full size) but I grew up in the 70s. Now a '70 Coup d'Ville, now THAT'S a big car. Just one example, but you see my point. Younger folks than me (I'm 50) who grew up with small cars, they have a different perspective.

That being said, if I had the money and garage space, I would be adding a Hellcat to my fleet.

Troublemaker
07-16-2014, 08:18 PM
People's perspective on big is funny. I consider my Charger to be "mid-size" (I know, EPA classifies as full size) but I grew up in the 70s. Now a '70 Coup d'Ville, now THAT'S a big car. Just one example, but you see my point. Younger folks than me (I'm 50) who grew up with small cars, they have a different perspective.

That being said, if I had the money and garage space, I would be adding a Hellcat to my fleet.
A 70 coup D'ville.
That's a gas guzzling, road hogging, land yacht, not a big car.

FrgMstr
07-16-2014, 09:11 PM
We can get a 305 wide rear tire under it, if we do custom wheels. Dodge should have designed this tank for 345's though. Camaro tucks 315 easily.

That is the biggest thing that makes me not like the Challenger and that is the pizza cutter rears.

Sybil TF
07-16-2014, 09:18 PM
That is the biggest thing that makes me not like the Challenger and that is the pizza cutter rears.You can get a 20x11 with a 315 on a Challenger because I have it. With just a tad of modification;) Sorry but Nineball is behind the eight ball on this one:smilielol: