PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm not even sore from this hit!

TowDawg
07-06-2014, 09:50 PM
This isn't a Viper, but it is racing, so I figured this was the best place to post it. Just a testament showing how safe true race cars can be.

My teammate lost his brakes going into turn 1 at CMP and tried to cut through the grass and make it to the gravel trap on the other side. Unfortunately, he went through me as well. However, if he hadn't hit me, it could have been much worse because he'd have been into the trees.

Based on the track, he was doing roughly 100mph when he hit me. The slow-motion really shows how violent the hit was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmTHnGvA9Qg&list=UU0UcCXnFzD1wjE5HbfKOSjA&index=1

Joel
07-06-2014, 10:03 PM
So blown motor and now a non-avoidable crash? Weren't you telling me how cheap this racing was? Glad you're OK.

This isn't a Viper, but it is racing, so I figured this was the best place to post it. Just a testament showing how safe true race cars can be.

My teammate lost his brakes going into turn 1 at CMP and tried to cut through the grass and make it to the gravel trap on the other side. Unfortunately, he went through me as well. However, if he hadn't hit me, it could have been much worse because he'd have been into the trees.

Based on the track, he was doing roughly 100mph when he hit me. The slow-motion really shows how violent the hit was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmTHnGvA9Qg&list=UU0UcCXnFzD1wjE5HbfKOSjA&index=1

TowDawg
07-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Yeah. CMP has not been kind to us.
Both blew motors the last time there and then Will busted his crank in qualifying yesterday, but we changed his motor in 1.5 hours and had him ready for the race. The irony is that if I hadn't help swap his motor, he'd have never been in the race to hit me! lol
I even got pole for the race and was running well too.

Redsled
07-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Thunder Roadsters? Were you wearing a HANS? Glad you are OK. Might be a day or two before the soreness creeps in.

TowDawg
07-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Yeah, Thunder Roadsters. Definitely had my HANS on. No way will I get into a car with harnesses without it. :)

Fatboy 18
07-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Ouch! Did the guy offer to help you out with any damages to your car?

The_Greg
07-07-2014, 07:27 AM

It sounds like they are both team mates. Notice they have the same paint scheme.

Troublemaker
07-07-2014, 10:27 AM

That's racing. You might not be happy about it, but it happens and you take the hits and move on. I would be willing to be the guy buys the beer and helps turn wrenches to fix it, that's just how it works. And you get to throw it back at him at the perfect time down the road.

TowDawg
07-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Greg is dead-on. It was my teammate who lost his brakes and got me.
We'll get the cars taken care of and be ready for Road Atlanta next month.

The part that kills me is that I was in first place for the season by 6 points, and second place in this race with two laps to go. I ended up finishing 10th and couldn't race on Sunday, so now I've got some ground to make up in the points race.

AZTVR
07-07-2014, 11:50 AM
However, if he hadn't hit me, it could have been much worse because he'd have been into the trees.

At least you should get extra points for the "save" with your rolling tire wall, LOL ! Considering what can happen out there, you guys were fairly lucky. (which, obviously, comes from being well prepared ! )

TowDawg
07-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Yeah. lol

I told him that I saw him coming and knew if I didn't get in his way to divert him, that he would have been pretty deep in the woods. He owes me one. ;)