PDA

View Full Version : July 26th -- Autocross Track & Skid Pay Day @ Lime Rock Park, CT

ViperTony
07-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Don't Miss This! NY/CT Hosts the PERFECT event to explore what your Viper will do in more "practical" aggressive driving circumstances... and it's incredible fun!

If you have never auto-crossed or tracked at all, this is exactly the opportunity you've been looking for to try it out! Safe environment, solo runs, fun track layout, skid pad to mess with the limit without chewing up your tires.

Saturday July 26th - we have the infield for the full day, 9am-5pm.

Register before July 18:
VOA members (any region) $75
Guests/Non-members $100

Register after July 18:
VOA members (any region) $100
Guests/Non-members $125

Pay Here: http://www.nyct-viperclub.com/LimeRock2014.htm

All makes and models are welcome as long as the driver is a member or family/friend of a member - last year in addition to Vipers, we had: Jeep SRT-8, Porsche, Pontiac, Classic Mustang.. even a Hyundai :-)

Not my cleanest laps :-) but check out the track layout -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgJF0cjkec

And the other part of the infield we have access to is the Skid Pad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dFX5ttjjA

Wot!
07-01-2014, 08:23 PM
That is awesome! Come on New England, lets go have some fun with our friends in NY/CT.

SlateEd
07-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

If there are folks coming from further away and staying in the area for the night let us know so we can plan a dinner-gathering too.

99ACR
07-20-2014, 04:10 PM
If anyone has the day free this is a great event! I did it last year.
Dennis B

Rosie
07-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Dear Dennis or Big D. as you also like to to be called! I won't be able to attend this event as I'm am suffering from Viper withdrawals after Detriot. Seeing 200 Viper's in one place is unbelievable; sorry you missed a great time. Make sure you get your tickets for New Orlenes,2016.
Any way have a good time and keep the the shiny side up.
Rusty,VV300897.
PS Congrats on the grandbaby!

SNKBYT
07-27-2014, 10:52 AM
To all New England members: This is a great fun event! Had a blast yesterday! The track is a very good track for auto-x. It is a mini road racing course, with very few cones to hit. Easy to drive, a great way to get to really feel and learn about your car. Then we drove the Wet skid pad. This is also a great way to get to know the car limits in a super safe environment.
Steve (ACR) Katz is a great driver and instructor. He spent many hours giving rides, and instructing. Gave me some great tips! Dennis and Chuck did very well. I don't know how Chuck gets his Gen 1 to go so fast but he does. It must be the RED!

ViperTony
07-27-2014, 01:35 PM
To all New England members: This is a great fun event! Had a blast yesterday! The track is a very good track for auto-x. It is a mini road racing course, with very few cones to hit. Easy to drive, a great way to get to really feel and learn about your car. Then we drove the Wet skid pad. This is also a great way to get to know the car limits in a super safe environment.
Steve (ACR) Katz is a great driver and instructor. He spent many hours giving rides, and instructing. Gave me some great tips! Dennis and Chuck did very well. I don't know how Chuck gets his Gen 1 to go so fast but he does. It must be the RED!

Is this Tim in the ACR? If so, it was great talking with you yesterday and I particularly enjoyed watching you attack those turns!

99ACR
07-27-2014, 05:29 PM
It was a great day! Thank you guys for putting this on!
And Tony! I still can't believe you won that f'n car! You lucky ****!

Dennis

99ACR
07-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Rusty,

Good to hear from you! I heard you had a little car trouble on the easy to Detroit. But I guess it all worked out.
Looking forward to seeing you again on a Viper event. You are just all over the place. Get a few pointers from Tim on how to drive your car! Haha!

Dennis

SNKBYT
07-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Is this Tim in the ACR? If so, it was great talking with you yesterday and I particularly enjoyed watching you attack those turns!

Yeah Tony, this is Tim with the ACR. You did some pretty serious attack on those turns as well! Atleast we know our limit! Congrats again with your new car. Can't wait to see you on the track with it! Hope it arrives soon!

ViperTony
07-28-2014, 09:13 AM
It was a great day! Thank you guys for putting this on!
And Tony! I still can't believe you won that f'n car! You lucky ****!

Dennis

Dennis, great to see/chat with you. As soon as the GenV arrives and I get it dirty I'll send you some pics. ;)

99ACR
07-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Dennis, great to see/chat with you. As soon as the GenV arrives and I get it dirty I'll send you some pics. ;)

Tony,

There is no way you will treat the launch edition as bad as the yellow lemon!

Dennis

SlateEd
07-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Dennis and Tim - thanks so much for coming out!! Next year I hope we'll see some more New England Friends at Lime Rock... we might create our own little Yankees v. Red Sox out of this :-)

Martin2000GTS
07-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Dennis and Tim - thanks so much for coming out!! Next year I hope we'll see some more New England Friends at Lime Rock... we might create our own little Yankees v. Red Sox out of this :-)

Ed Ill be there next year for sure. As soon as I get my car back I plan on putting a billion miles on it. Hopefully we will see you guys soon.

martin-

ViperTony
07-29-2014, 11:42 AM

We actually used to have an auto-x challenge with the NJ club and we still have our Venom Cup trophy from that. I think we should open up the "Rivalry" to all Northeast clubs. ;) We have a year of smack talk ahead.

Martin2000GTS
07-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Tony,

I could most likely beat you in autocross in my 4cyl Teenage girl edition Mazda 3, against either of your vipers. Just putting it out there.

ViperTony
07-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Tony,

I could most likely beat you in autocross in my 4cyl Teenage girl edition Mazda 3, against either of your vipers. Just putting it out there.

Somehow I imagined you driving a 4 cylinder Teenage girl edition Mazda 3. ;) But at least both of my Vipers are, well at home and running. Just sayin'. :monkeyleft:

Martin2000GTS
07-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Somehow I imagined you driving a 4 cylinder Teenage girl edition Mazda 3. ;) But at least both of my Vipers are, well at home and running. Just sayin'. :monkeyleft:

LOL you suck

ViperTony
07-29-2014, 03:45 PM
LOL you suck

LOL. It's going to be a long year until the next auto x. ;)

Policy Limits
08-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Too bad I missed this. The same crew I did the 40 Mile run with this weekend want to do a lime rock run next month. I reached out to Walter at the track and left a message. Is there any cool events there next month? Most of my crew are first timers so I think a 1/2 day would be perfect. Anyone on here want to join us? We'd have a 3 hour drive to the track so would likely get a hotel the night before. Bunch of Lotus, Lambo and I'd of course bring the snake.

ViperTony
08-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Too bad I missed this. The same crew I did the 40 Mile run with this weekend want to do a lime rock run next month. I reached out to Walter at the track and left a message. Is there any cool events there next month? Most of my crew are first timers so I think a 1/2 day would be perfect. Anyone on here want to join us? We'd have a 3 hour drive to the track so would likely get a hotel the night before. Bunch of Lotus, Lambo and I'd of course bring the snake.

Limerock does have open autocross days. Schedule is here: http://limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=646&Itemid=282

SlateEd
08-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Hey Policy - are they planning to get on track somehow with a group? just going to Lime Rock to check it out? there is the crazy Concourse show on the 31st if you're just going to check out the place that would be a good day... and if you get some track time somehow let me know :-)

Policy Limits
08-11-2014, 07:42 PM
I saw that awesome event viper Tony posted! Truly outstanding! I spoke with Walter finally at the track. He's going to e mail me rates and dates in the morning. I think the autocross is going to be ideal for my group; lots of first timers and we won't need all of the safety equipment. I think my crew has graduated from all of the exotic car rallies and we feel it's time to take the next step.