PDA

View Full Version : IN/KY VOA...Meeting NOON Saturday July 12, 2014 in LOUISVILLE, KY..Special Guests...

Steve-Indy
06-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Heads Up Kentucky and Southern Indiana Members, former members, and non-member Viper owners:

The July meeting of the Viper Owners Association IN/KY Region, Inc. will be held at NOON EDT in the KingFish Restaurant located on River Road at Zorn Ave. We have held several meetings here over the past few years since the location offers easy access and a safe, a safe, "off-the-beaten-path" parking lot.

Recognizing that in the past there has been somewhat sporadic, skilled, experienced, Dodge-dealership-based Viper service in the Louisville area (also Kentucky as a whole), we are happy to hear several Members report good things about their Viper service experiences at Oxmoor Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge on Shelbyville Road. Over the past year, I have had the opportunity to refer Members to these folks on more than one occasion and have had very positive feedback about same.

For those reasons, we have reached out to Oxmoor Chrysler. Long time Viper Tech Carl Self and Viper Service Advisor Dave Price have kindly agreed to be our guests at this July meeting. It is our hope that we can have a good "South Region" turnout for this meeting so that our folks can meet these Viper professionals on an informal basis. In past instances, when we have done this sort of thing, all parties have gained. We have found that when we support a dealership, they supports us!!

Oxmoor Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Ram 4520 Shelbyville Road,
Louisville, KY 40207
Service 502-855-5833

For general information, here are a couple of links to Oxmoor C-J-D-R: http://oxmoorchrysler.com/
Map link: http://oxmoorchrysler.com/page/dealer-location/Louisville-KY-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-RAM-Dealer?masterpage=car-dealer

REMEMBER:
July 12, 2014...IN/KY VOA Meeting at NOON EDT. This meeting will be held at the KingFish Restaurant on River Road at Zorn Ave., Louisville, KY.
Directions: http://www.kingfishrestaurants.com/locations/
BEFORE this meeting, SOME Vipers will attend the monthly Cars & Coffee at Captain's Quarters a few miles EAST of the KingFish on River Road.
Captain's Quarters Restaurant
5700 Captains Quarters Rd, Prospect, KY 40059
http://anywhoyp.yellowpages.com/pros...62?lid=9049862

Note to our fellow Viper Owners in Kentucky: Regardless of your "club" affiliation (past, present, or complete lack thereof) this is the time to STEP UP and support the Viper Nation...AND make connections necessary for your Viper's future "health and well being". Whether you drive only a small number of miles per year or use your Viper daily...IT NEEDS Viper-specific MAINTENANCE on a timely basis.

Please consider attending this meeting...noting that the IN/KY VOA will buy lunch for ALL Viper Owners in attendance.

See YOU there !!!

Feel free to CALL ME for more info or if you have any questions,

Steve Fess, Membership coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc.

Stretch
06-30-2014, 01:28 PM
KingFish!!!! Have fun Steve, tell everyone I said hi :-)

jwolf
06-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Is there any kind of a Cars and Coffee before like there has been in the passed?

Steve-Indy
07-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi, Jay.
The answer is "yes"...at Captain's Quarters...as stated above in the original post. So far, I expect several Vipers to be there

Steve-Indy
07-10-2014, 10:21 AM
As you know, we plan to hold our July meeting NOON at the KingFish Restaurant on Louisville's River Road at Zorn Ave.

Several folks plan to attend the monthly Cars and Coffee at Captain's Quarters PRIOR to our KingFish gathering. The "Indy crowd" should arrive at C & C a little after 10:00 AM EDT...then, proceed to the KingFish by 11:45 AM.

PLEASE NOTE: We have TWO SPECIAL GUESTS who will attend this meeting...Viper Tech Carl Self and Viper Service Advisor David Price from Oxmoor Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge.

KENTUCKY VIPER OWNERS, this is a great time to meet the folks who can/will take great care of your Viper. Please try to attend.

The "Indy convoy" will depart from the front of Indy's Champion C-J-D-R Service Building at 8:00 AM EDT...heading SOUTH to Louisville.

Remember, the IN/KY VOA will buy lunch FOR ALL VIPER OWNERS in attendance !!

See YOU there!!

Questions??? If so, please call:

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc.

Stretch
07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Steve, side note for anyone going to cars & coffee. I got an email last week saying that they're getting too big of a crowd for the current location. They are going to start charging $5 a car to get in. Half goes to Captains Quarters & half to the charity they support. I think they are investigating other alternatives for locations that are larger.

Steve-Indy
07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks, Stretch...fee did not hurt the numbers...place was packed with all sorts of cars from all eras, with at least 11 Vipers. Many folks asked about you...and wish you the best.

Our meeting was well attended at KingFish.

Special thanks are owed the great SRT team from Oxmoor Chrysler. We very much enjoyed meeting them...with several owners planning to pursue Viper service there!! These folks "get it" in terms of the Viper, the owners, and the whole culture.

Minutes should be out in a couple of days...when the fill-in secretary gets off of his Asp.

Stretch
07-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks Steve! Wish I could have been there.

I still plan to be a surprise guest at one of the meetings for the IN/KY club. To be continued :)

Steve-Indy
07-16-2014, 01:24 PM
The minutes from the July 12th meeting have been sent...along with a schedule update.