PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock

Policy Limits
06-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Has anyone tracked there before? I've been invited to a two day event there by FCA but its not required to bring a Ferrari. How is the course? Can a noob handle it? They are using Wake Robin Inn as the hotel. Any comment on that? Who writes a reasonable track policy?

plumcrazy
06-30-2014, 01:19 PM
contact acrsteve, he will have the answers for ya

City
06-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Has anyone tracked there before? I've been invited to a two day event there by FCA but its not required to bring a Ferrari. How is the course? Can a noob handle it? They are using Wake Robin Inn as the hotel. Any comment on that? Who writes a reasonable track policy?

Relatively short, technical course which is excellent for a noob if you can start slow and get educated as you go. Wake Robin is nice, but the closer and larger Inn is the Interlaken. Also a bit more pricey.

Plum's correct. Best one here to ask is ACRSteve. My experience there is probably 2 repavings ago (many years). Pretty much Steve's home track.

SlateEd
06-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Agree with both above - talk to ACR Steve for the most specific insight!
my 2 cents: I was there in August with my Audi and it was great, but haven't run the Viper on the full course. My impression of the full course is that because it's short you can really practice each corner, as opposed to some bigger tracks where you'll see more variety but each one less often.

The real question is - why don't you sign up for our Autocross event? :-) it's at Lime Rock, uses the entire infield, you can practice car control and have a lot of fun in the process - that's July 26. Best possible event for a "noob"

Policy Limits
06-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Thnx for the input. I was unaware of the auto cross. Can i track my own car? The track experience SRT notified me of was their vehicles and it looked like every car except the Viper. Maybe I'm missing something.

ViperTony
07-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Thnx for the input. I was unaware of the auto cross. Can i track my own car? The track experience SRT notified me of was their vehicles and it looked like every car except the Viper. Maybe I'm missing something.

The auto cross is open to all VOA regions as well as guests. We purchase additional insurance that goes above and beyond the typical coverage provided through our club insurance since Lime Rock requires extensive insurance coverage. So, yes you can bring whatever vehicle you like and you can bring guests as well.

We'll post the event in the Northeast regions forums today. http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/4195-July-26th-Autocross-Track-amp-Skid-Pay-Day-Lime-Rock-Park-CT. This event allows us to utilize the Auto Track course and skid pad at Limerock park. Always a great time.

As for track insurance in general, OnTrack Insurance offers this and the person to contact is ACR Steve. He's our technical director for the NY/CT region.

City
07-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I sent Steve a PM to chime in.

Policy Limits
07-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks a lot.

ACR Steve
07-03-2014, 10:55 AM
I have a NASA race there on this Saturday. Your welcome to come down to the event I can show you the tricks of the track first hand.

I have done probably 100 +races and 100's of track days at Lime Rock and hold the lap records in a couple of race cars.(I don't get beat there often :) ) It’s very technical and is actually one if not the fastest track in the country. (Average speed wise)
Lots of small inputs at Lime Rock that lead to good lap times. Being close to an apex at Lime Rock is not good enough. The key is to be on the apex. Look at some videos and we can go over some specific turns that you may have questions about.

Wake Robin is fine I stay at The Sharon Country Inn. Newly renovated and clean motel. Interlaken is nice as well . Nothing up there is going to be very fancy. Interlaken has a pool for family. Some very good places to eat.

As for the track policy - :) self promotion my program is honestly the best hands down. Best rates, best coverage, Only "Admitted" Insurance Company writing the coverage in the industry, best service
www.OnTrackinsurance.com

00VPRGTS
07-03-2014, 01:18 PM
I used ontrackinsurance.com two years ago at VOI. it was an easy seamless process and a no brainer for me. Steve helped get the venue on the list, highly recommended.

Policy Limits
07-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Perfect information. The replies are appreciated. Going to skip the two day event there with Ferrari and possibly do the one day Viper one instead. Might have another member on here in the Boston area looking to split an enclosed trailer which would be cool. Last question: a recommendation for a helmet?

roebear
10-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead. What are the sound limits like on Lime Rock? I've read that they're super strict about being below 86 decibels, which seems...low...how do people get away with non-stock exhausts if that's the case? Where is the mic?

ViperTony
10-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead. What are the sound limits like on Lime Rock? I've read that they're super strict about being below 86 decibels, which seems...low...how do people get away with non-stock exhausts if that's the case? Where is the mic?

It varies between 86db and 105db depending on the event. Race days and other events are un-muffled on certain days. I believe the mic is on the front straight. ACR Steve will have more info on this.

SlateEd
10-28-2014, 03:32 PM
measurement usually on the strait although i'd read that they will move around to surprise drivers occasionally. I went with NASA last August and the limit was 84... I took my Audi for the day for exactly this reason. I have Hi-flo cats and Corsa exhaust.

Tricks seem to be, lift off throttle when you're near the measurement, go up one gear to hold your speed without as much noise, if you have a Gen2 then you can get tailpipes that turn driver's Left to avoid blowing towards the microphone (saw some porsches with that), bring a quieter car, pick a weekend that has a higher limit.