PDA

View Full Version : I saw a red Gen2 GTS on Fathers Day in Winston-Salem, I-40 Bus. eastbound

DaveW
06-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey,

I met a Viper similar to mine as I was passing westbound at the Peters Creek Parkway overpass Sunday afternoon a week ago. Even though there's a concrete median at that location, it was unmistakable from the top of the hood, roofline, and rear deck. I just wondered if the driver was on-line or if anyone might know who it was.

I haven't seen a local car like mine in Winston. The reason for the post is that last Saturday at the Greensboro C&C, a guy approached me as soon as I parked and introduced himself. He asked if I had been driving on US 421 on Fathers Day, eastbound from the mountains. I think he said he was coming from Boone.

He said he was driving his 911 when he met a Viper like mine also heading east towards Winston and they had a bit of friendly give and take. He couldn't believe that ultimately he could not match speed and the Viper just pulled away. He wanted to know about hp, torque, etc. on the Viper. I told him the base info, but how easily it can be increased.

He's now enthralled with the Viper and "may" be looking for one soon. As for the driver of the mystery Viper, he was in awe of your driving - and your Viper!

Just telling ya... :)