PDA

View Full Version : North Texas VCA is voting now.....

FrgMstr
11-07-2013, 09:00 AM
FYI.

To be honest, I am not joining any car club and pay dues any more. Event charges, sure, but there are too many folks out there to drive with that I do not need formal entity to be "a part of."

Due to political discourse, we can no longer move forward with our plan for "a North Texas club for everybody" and thus will need to have another vote for our future direction of North Texas Viper Club. Please let us know which direction our club should take with your vote below.

* Please vote as you personally feel is right for you. Results of the voting will be published for all to view:

remain a VCA member
become a VOA member
be an independent North Texas Viper member

Things you need to be aware of when voting:

If the Club remains a VCA regional club: Members can either join the VCA or join as a local non-VCA member and so without national VCA benefits (magazine, VCA forum, raffle).

If the Club becomes a VOA regional club: All members must join and pay dues to the VOA. Any current members who wish to remain in the VCA would no longer be a part of this club. There is no local membership option. With this option, you have only VOA members.

If the Club becomes an independent club with NO national affiliation. Members pay dues directly to the club with 100% of the dues remaining in the club. There are no national club benefits since there is no national club affiliation. The local club events continue as they have in the past. As an independent car club, any member may separately join either the VCA or VOA on their own and at their own expense. VCA and VOA activities would not be a part of this club.

virginiavenom
11-07-2013, 09:12 AM
well, for what it's worth, from north central texas, I say VOA, but I'll be damned if I ever pay dues to any organization again. hopefully the VOA doesn't look negatively upon this decision, we are car people, we should all be able to go to and enjoy any event that is put on. if it requires an event price at the gate, I'm fine paying that. otherwise never again.

BlknBlu
11-07-2013, 09:40 AM
We put up a similar vote here in Nebraska and 100% wanted the VOA, but can understand the other choices. I was pleasantly shocked but good with it.

tough times in Viper world

Bruce

FLATOUT
11-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Houston is currently voting as well to go independent or join the VOA. Completely through with the VCA.

Shooter
11-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Houston is currently voting as well to go independent or join the VOA. Completely through with the VCA.

Looking forward to a fun club. While the local club was great, it still had to deal with Nationals bs. So far though, I like what I see all the way to the top.

slitherv10
11-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Each to their own. Membership does have it's privileges . I Hope !!

cubican
11-22-2013, 06:32 PM
The North Texas vote was 50% VCA 40% independent and 10% VOA.

FLATOUT
11-22-2013, 07:49 PM
The North Texas vote was 50% VCA 40% independent and 10% VOA.

LMAO seriously? That's great, I thought independent probably but never would have thought you guys would stay with the VCA.

cubican
11-22-2013, 08:17 PM
I think we will have the choice of going independent or vca, but I'm going to wait till the last min to make my mind up. Personally I just hate what's going on with the clubs.

XSnake
11-22-2013, 08:30 PM
North Tx is run by Greg C right?

Shooter
11-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Where did Everts move to?

cubican
11-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes Greg is our president in ntvc. Everts move to rockwall tx. I do know I'm not loosing any of the great friendships I formed over the years from all over Texas .

Whitemamba
11-23-2013, 03:34 AM
Along this same line, is there going to be a VOA club formed here for those that may be interested in joining said club? Just curious since some will probably end up joining both clubs.

daytonprowler
11-23-2013, 08:18 AM
From the way the map is looking, the North Texas VCA just might be "THE VCA".

http://driveviper.com/images/voa-regions-map.png

http://driveviper.com/club/regions.php

If someone would like to form a North Texas VOA Region, we would be more than happy to help you get started.

cubican
11-23-2013, 09:46 AM
If I need to join the 2clubs I will , the most important thing is not to split the ntvc we have a great club in north Texas, and all of us are great friends

RedTanRT/10
11-23-2013, 10:54 AM
If I need to join the 2clubs I will , the most important thing is not to split the ntvc we have a great club in north Texas, and all of us are great friends

Same here in SoCal

FLATOUT
11-23-2013, 12:16 PM

I'm really surprised 50% of your membership voted to stay knowing there might be only one or two VCA chapters nationally.

SmoknTires
11-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Influence. Little is shared to them by their president who is a VCA officer, so don't be surprised. I've seen a very recent report shared to members - highly on-sided and spun. I'm not going to post a copy, but when we read it we were shocked. But again rather than get drawn into negativity, we believe regions should move together. So if they stay VCA as a group, at least they're together. They'll miss the benefits of being charter regions of VOA, and they'll have to deal with the near future that lies ahead for the VCA. And alternately, if you're a VCA officer and half your region voted to either move away or join VOA... that's still 50/50 that folks aren't happy with your club.

When starting the new club, there was no direct pipe to speak directly to members outside of going through their leadership. So if the leadership is one-sided or not open minded - then the membership will be affected. So I don't blame the members at all. I know a few of them in that region and they're good people.

Will at RSI
11-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Respectfully I believe your opinion is wrong on this matter. I would be curious to see this recent report that you reference. All of the information that I have seen come from Greg C. has been very forthcoming and informative. He seems to go out of his way to make sure that his personal opinions are not a part of the information that is being distributed. And if his opinion is there, he says that! I think that ultimately the NTVCA believes in Greg and that he is working actively to be a part of the solution and not a part of the old problems. His loyalty lies not with a National Club, but with the members that make up the NTVCA group. Tony P (ViperTony) can attest to the issues that we as a company had in dealing with the Old VCA. I don't have a "Love" for the VCA by any means, but I do have a level of loyalty for Greg personally. His motives are honorable and the VOA board should look to him as a way to bring the two factions together. I'm not saying that there can only be one club, but I feel there can be a level of respect for some of the people that are working to save it. In the end, these National Clubs are simply a way to bring like minded owners together to share their enthusiasm for a great car! I think a great number of members including most of the NTVCA group was simply tired of seeing the politics of the clubs working against each other.

SmoknTires
11-23-2013, 04:13 PM
No problem. I don't want to post that communication, as I think it's in poor taste. A a few folks in that region forwarded us what was being sent to them. Made references to discussions (even with us) that never took place. Also, none of the VOA information we sent was ever shared with members so they weren't made aware of what was taking place. Forums were also censored so things were removed so that people wouldn't see it, posts were deleted. So it's just tough to get a message to members without it being filtered. But like I said, I'd rather region members stay together in their regions and what happens, happens. I just want everyone to have all information so they can choose for themselves. It'll all work itself out in the long haul.

BlknBlu
11-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Of course we are all curious as to what region is doing what so we can encompass the size and scope of our National Association. The VOA is not out recruiting or undermining anyone. Most present options of what is out there and let the members decide on what they want to do. Our region has no ill filled feelings to what anyone wants to do, but those that have decided to go to the VOA are not looking back and wish nothing but the best for whatever they decide or any other club that exists or may form.

Just my 2 cents. I prefer not even mention any other clubs or organizations because they are not on my radar.

Bruce

cubican
11-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Respectfully I believe your opinion is wrong on this matter. I would be curious to see this recent report that you reference. All of the information that I have seen come from Greg C. has been very forthcoming and informative. He seems to go out of his way to make sure that his personal opinions are not a part of the information that is being distributed. And if his opinion is there, he says that! I think that ultimately the NTVCA believes in Greg and that he is working actively to be a part of the solution and not a part of the old problems. His loyalty lies not with a National Club, but with the members that make up the NTVCA group. Tony P (ViperTony) can attest to the issues that we as a company had in dealing with the Old VCA. I don't have a "Love" for the VCA by any means, but I do have a level of loyalty for Greg personally. His motives are honorable and the VOA board should look to him as a way to bring the two factions together. I'm not saying that there can only be one club, but I feel there can be a level of respect for some of the people that are working to save it. In the end, these National Clubs are simply a way to bring like minded owners together to share their enthusiasm for a great car! I think a great number of members including most of the NTVCA group was simply tired of seeing the politics of the clubs working against each other.

That's 100% spot on, thank you Will!!!

XSnake
11-23-2013, 09:36 PM
No problem. I don't want to post that communication, as I think it's in poor taste. A a few folks in that region forwarded us what was being sent to them. Made references to discussions (even with us) that never took place. Also, none of the VOA information we sent was ever shared with members so they weren't made aware of what was taking place. Forums were also censored so things were removed so that people wouldn't see it, posts were deleted. So it's just tough to get a message to members without it being filtered. But like I said, I'd rather region members stay together in their regions and what happens, happens. I just want everyone to have all information so they can choose for themselves. It'll all work itself out in the long haul.

Sounds A LOT like Central FL

Whitemamba
11-24-2013, 01:17 AM
My personal opinion on this is that I will probably join both as mentioned above because I just don't see how the VCA can survive with the few members that are going to stay with it. I know/feel that the VOA is where we are headed as a club and figure that I had better get on board sooner than later. I think that most members probably feel the same way. In a way we are caught in the middle and just want to be around Vipers and their owners. We have made friends in these clubs and do not want to lose or miss the comraderie associated with them. I will probably join the VCA as well so that I can continue to hang out with friends.

I do have to say that I like where the new club is going though. They seem to be transparent and out in the open. There seems to be a feeling of moving forward and building a strong foundation. Which is a must in building anything. Build a strong foundation\team and then build around that. The members are coming together as well. Plus with all of the positive information coming out about the TA Viper, people seem to be in a great mood!!

steve911
11-24-2013, 12:44 PM
There's no Baghdad Bob here either...