PDA

View Full Version : Vipers at the Beach!!!

Brian GTS
06-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Our Myrtle Beach trip to Mopar Week is sneaking upon us which takes place in mid-August. We had a great time at this event last year. Members are more than welcome to attend the entire Mopar Week, but the main show is on Saturday so we focused on getting a block of rooms for Friday-Sunday (August 15-17th).

Our VP, Mike Reeves did the leg work and found us a great hotel with covered parking for our Vipers. Covered parking will be on the first level behind the main desk so the hotel staff can keep a close eye on the cars. This area will be reserved for our cars once we have a final count of those attending.

Below is the hotel information which must be booked by July 16, 2014 in order to receive the group rate! Book now and please post up if you plan to attend so we can plan accordingly. Let's go Carolinas!

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
http://www.grandeshores.com/
Carolina’s Viper Club - Group Reservation Number: 1902848
Central Reservations: (877) 798 – 4074 option 5

PLEASE MAKE ALL RESERVATIONS BY JULY 16, 2014 TO RECEIVE GROUP RATE
Arrival: August 15, 2014 Check-In: 4:00 PM
Departure: August 17, 2014 Check-Out: 11:00 AM
**Group rates good for three days before and after group block!**
ROOM OPTIONS & PRICING

1 Bedroom Ocean View Condo - $113/night – Deposit required $143.01
2 Queens, 1 full bath, kitchenette, sleeper sofa, Murphy bed private balcony

Efficiency Oceanfront Hotel Rooms - $133/night – Deposit required $168.32
Ocean Front, 2 Queen Beds, full bath, kitchenette, microwave, 1 TV, & private balcony

Standard Oceanfront Hotel Rooms - $124/night – Deposit required $156.93
Ocean Front, 2 Queen Beds, full bath, refrigerator, 1 TV, & private balcony

PatrickB
06-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Sounds great - looking forward to it!

Unfortunately my better half won't be joining me this time as we will just be getting home from a week at Myrtle (Surfside Beach) on the 9th and work will be impossible for her to miss just one week later.

billp
06-24-2014, 07:36 AM
Elaine and I are going!:dude3:

Creatre
06-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Hmm. 5.5 hour drive from Atl. Would love to go to this though. Going to think about it.

Brian GTS
06-24-2014, 10:12 AM
The list begins....

Rick
Patrick
Bill & Elaine
Brian

DNRossi
06-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Dugan and I won't be making this trip. I have a bachelorette party in Wilmington and Dugan has to work

DaveW
06-24-2014, 03:03 PM
I will be there. Marcia's not going because she'll be heading to Scotland the following week. :United_Kingdom:

TurboRich
06-24-2014, 05:54 PM
It's on my calendar but this is the same weekend as the Pebble Beach Concourse D'Elegance/Monterey Motorsports Reunion so could be a tough call. Hey I made my first trip to Myrtle about a month ago, found this cool area called Murrells Inlet, lots of water front restaurants, not sure if we've been there in the past but we should try to do a lunch or dinner there if we can secure some good parking

38special
06-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Al and kristy are in

DaveW
06-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Room's reserved! 4th time to Myrtle this year.:dude3:

PatrickB
06-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Rich is right, Murrells Inlet is a very cool area with a ton of good food and hangouts...we're gonna have a blast down there!

No hemi
06-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Sounds like fun, hopefully i can make it.

dlogan
06-24-2014, 08:53 PM
We are planning on making it. See you guys at the beach. Had a great time in gatlinburg.

Brian GTS
06-24-2014, 10:51 PM
It's on my calendar but this is the same weekend as the Pebble Beach Concourse D'Elegance/Monterey Motorsports Reunion so could be a tough call. Hey I made my first trip to Myrtle about a month ago, found this cool area called Murrells Inlet, lots of water front restaurants, not sure if we've been there in the past but we should try to do a lunch or dinner there if we can secure some good parking

Cool Rich....we'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip....hope you can make it.

Brian GTS
06-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Numbers a climbing....updated list:

Rick
Patrick
Bill & Elaine
Dave
Al & Kristy
Dan
Brian
Rich (maybe)
Angel (maybe)

Mreeves
06-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Mike and Terri are in!!

mendler23
06-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Chris & Stef are in!

C.J
06-25-2014, 12:35 PM
... Had a great time in gatlinburg.

Dan, good to see you on the forum! It was good to meet you and your family at the Dragon. Looking forward to next time.

mavrck203
06-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Tim is in....just booked room. Time for some Coastal Confessions

Brian GTS
06-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Yay Tim!

Rick
Patrick
Bill & Elaine
Dave
Al & Kristy
Dan
Brian
Tim
Rich (maybe)
Angel (maybe)

PatrickB
06-27-2014, 08:53 PM
I fixed it.. :D

Rick
Patrick
Bill & Elaine
Dave
Al & Kristy
Dan
Brian
Tim
Rich (maybe)
Angel (maybe)
Mike and Terri
Chris and Stephanie

Brian GTS
06-28-2014, 08:20 AM
I fixed it.. :D

Thanks! :)

PatrickB
07-03-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm booked! They are trying to group all the rooms together, but nothing is guaranteed obviously. Hopefully we'll all be close like Gatlinburg.. :D

dlogan
07-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Just booked hotel room for beach trip, see you all soon

dlogan
07-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks Craig, nice meeting you and your daughter also. See y'all at the beach

Ninjakris
07-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I think that's the same weekend as our baby shower, but I'll do my best to hang out. I'll probably just drive up Saturday morning and meet everyone.

mendler23
07-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Booked today. We are going down on Thursday for a nice long weekend without the kiddos. :cool:

mendler23
07-10-2014, 03:06 PM
FYI, the website showed everything was completely booked. We had to call the number provided by Brian to get the room

SUB SONC
07-11-2014, 11:10 AM
I am booked as well! Can't wait!!!

Mreeves
07-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Hey folks. Just a quick reminder, tomorrow is the last day for making a reservation at the discounted rate. Currently there are eleven rooms reserved. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the beach!!

If anyone needs any extra time, let me know. I may be able to get an extension.

Brian GTS
07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll send an e-mail out to membership to remind everyone of the deadline.

mendler23
07-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Finally got a chance to take the car out for a long overdue dinner the other night and just saw a huge puddle of coolant under it this morning.... *sigh*. Hopefully it is just a hose or something small. Don't want to miss the beach for a major repair

PatrickB
07-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Finally got a chance to take the car out for a long overdue dinner the other night and just saw a huge puddle of coolant under it this morning.... *sigh*. Hopefully it is just a hose or something small. Don't want to miss the beach for a major repair

Ouch.. Get that taken care of, you guys have been missing the fun stuff!

mendler23
07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
I know, we need this beach trip!

PatrickB
07-21-2014, 02:48 PM
I know, we need this beach trip!

Any time to see where the leak may have originated from? Craig and I were doing some work at his house on my Viper earlier in the year and he noticed a hose that was loosening up on mine - it was part of the coolant system. I pulled off the old clamp, put the hose back in place and secured with a new clamp. Hopefully your issue is similar..

mendler23
07-21-2014, 06:20 PM
I can't get under it to see. I will probably pay Mike's work a visit

Mreeves
07-21-2014, 06:36 PM

Let me know when you want to come out and we will lift her up and check her out.

C.J
07-21-2014, 08:39 PM

If you want to stop by we can put her on the lift and take a look...just let me know.

Mike's Viper Tech (Steve IIRC) is very good.

SIDEWNDR
07-22-2014, 10:07 AM
I plan on coming down for the day on Saturday - I believe Jay is coming as well. Bob can't make it. We will try to get Tom down as well!

snake handler
07-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Hello Viper Land, Anyone know of an itinerary for the Beach trip? Wife and I were just trying to put the what to do list together. Booked and accounted!

mendler23
07-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Not sure about the VOA specific items the team has planned, but here is the main daily event list:

http://www.moparsatthebeach.com/event_schedule

Also, found out mine needs a new radiator or to be recored.... sigh.

snake handler
07-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info. But I was wondering about specific trip detais. I'm probably asking a little early. Just looking forward to a good time with like minded folkes!! Dang new guys........

braunstein82
07-27-2014, 08:17 AM
I work every other weekend, which is the same weekend as every event. I think I will go for Thursdays charity ride. Will anyone else be there?

mendler23
07-28-2014, 07:57 AM
We were going to be there Thursday, but it looks like we may have to cancel :furious:

PatrickB
07-28-2014, 09:26 AM
We were going to be there Thursday, but it looks like we may have to cancel :furious:

Chris, that sucks...hopefully you can get up and running for Biltmore..

TurboRich
07-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Brian, as mentioned I might and now will be doing the Pebble Beach Concours d'Ellegance among other motorsports events in Monterey that weekend so you can strike me from the Mytle trip, have fun in Myrtle see you at the Biltmore event. Check this out McLaren will be unveiling their new P1 GTR Time Attack car at Pebble Beach, should be pretty outrages 1000hp for only 3.3 mil what a bargain.

hmerrittiii
08-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Will attend

braunstein82
08-07-2014, 12:27 AM
I know I already asked this but anyone heading down there Wednesday or Thursday? There is a Charity ride Thursday I may do, so I probably head there Wednesday, since I can't be there over weekend

PatrickB
08-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Just got back from Myrtle Beach yesterday afternoon - praying we see far less rain this weekend for our VOA trip than we saw last week. We saw rain for the first 3 days of our trip, it cleared for a few days, then it was raining when we left yesterday. Nonetheless, see you at the coast in a few days!

PatrickB
08-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Any word on caravans or arrival times yet?

I'm coming from the western side of NC; I have a route I typically run, but I'd be interested to hear how everyone else is going to run and to know if anyone coming from my general area wanted to link up.

EDIT: I bought a set of radios that Seth recommended so I can join the radio fun.. :D

gutterworks129
08-12-2014, 09:22 PM
I hate that I can't make the beach trip. I got some family stuff to do. Hope everyone has a great time.

PatrickB
08-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Jeremy, you're gonna miss out on your club participation award this year!!

For anyone attending the event in Myrtle: I know a few of us are arriving fairly early on Friday (1130-12pm time frame) - if you're coming in early and want to meet up, private message me here and I'll pass along my mobile number.

No hemi
08-13-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm not going ( i hate that), but i lost my phone contacts so anyone that has mine please text me so i can add them again.. thanks.

Ninjakris
08-13-2014, 03:50 PM
I would like to meet up with everyone Saturday morning and roll out as a group. If someone would please PM a good phone number or a time and place to meet I would appreciate it. I might also be bringing a local viper owner from charleston to check it all out and hopefully join the club.

braunstein82
08-13-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm here staying Grande shores also. But leaving after poker run tomorrow. Went to cars of yesteryears event today.

Mreeves
08-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey folks, Brian and I have been swamped lately with business and personal issues. I have seen some of you posting info about heading to Myrtle Beach. I know Patrick and Kris have mentioned when they are arriving. Anyone that would like to meet up at 40 and 210, at 10am Friday, please let me know. Tomorrow I will let you know who to ask for when you get to the hotel for our reserved parking. Thanks, see you Friday.

braunstein82
08-14-2014, 07:42 AM
ALERT.. WARNING...Fyi for those staying at hotel. As you enter the garage/Check in area you will see a speed bump. Well make sure you see the dip and enormous pothole right before it. I'm at stock height and my front slammed down pretty hard. Also the garage is very tight. Other than that it's nice. Side roads in and out are fairly level, which is rare at hotels right on myrtle beach.

braunstein82
08-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Update. I went out to look at the pothole. The pot hole is right before a storm grate, which is where the dip is. The pot hole is about 6" deep and in the center of driveway into garage/check in. I reminded the office about the types of cars coming in this weekend. And explain to them that they are low stock and some are lowered more. She said she would have engineering out there this morning to get it filled in. But in case it doesn't happen please someone notify everyone attending. Don't want to see anyone's car getting damaged or breaking a rim.

Brian GTS
08-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Update. I went out to look at the pothole. The pot hole is right before a storm grate, which is where the dip is. The pot hole is about 6" deep and in the center of driveway into garage/check in. I reminded the office about the types of cars coming in this weekend. And explain to them that they are low stock and some are lowered more. She said she would have engineering out there this morning to get it filled in. But in case it doesn't happen please someone notify everyone attending. Don't want to see anyone's car getting damaged or breaking a rim.

Hmmmm....thanks for the info. Would you be able to follow up later today to see if it was indeed filled? Sounds like they are filling it, but we need to be certain. How wide is the pothole? Can it be avoided in any way....straddled or stay on one side or the other? If you want, snap a cell phone pic and send it to me....724-822-9625. Thanks for this!

DaveW
08-14-2014, 08:35 AM
I plan on arriving before noon, take a shot at early check-in, grab a bite to eat while the car cools down, and then clean the car at the self-service EZ wash in front of Walmart. It's a really nice, clean, modern business and there are several shaded spots in Walmart's parking lot for detailing (if available).

There's also a Murphy's next to the car wash that's usually close to the cheapest gas in the area, which is near the intersection of Rt. 22 and 17 (the mall, Walmart, and Tangiers Outlet share that intersection), a few miles north of the hotel.

There's also a non-ethanol premium at 600 N Kings Hwy, just south of 501, or was earlier this year, and NOT cheap. :D

braunstein82
08-14-2014, 08:55 AM
It's around a foot and a half wide and 2 foot long. Keep to your right you should be fine. I came in at night didn't see it until it was too late.

PatrickB
08-14-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm reaching out to any members in Western NC in regards to any potential caravaning to the beach this weekend.

For anyone coming from the western NC area, I'm labeling the Darlington Speedway in Darlington, SC as a potential meeting spot. I'll be coming through there around 930-10am on Friday, so if there is anyone attending the trip that wants to meet, please let me know ASAP.

I know a caravan is being put together for the Eastern part of the state, but that doesn't work for us on the Western side. I'll be happy to coordinate if there are interested members.

snake handler
08-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Hey, Thanks for the detailed information. I really appreciate the communication with this group. I will be rolling in around 3:00 pm Friday plus one additional viper from most upper north-eastern NC. We are also staying in the Grande Shores. Will there be a group assembly at any point other than the parking garage????

Brian GTS
08-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Hello Carolina VOA Members,

Below is the itinerary for our Myrtle Beach trip this weekend. Unfortunately, it does not look like I will be able to attend this event. However, you may reach out to our VP Mike Reeves (phone number provided in e-mail sent moments ago).

In our attempts to arrange a caravan, it seems that if many are leaving / arriving at different times due to work schedules. In fact, some members do not plan to arrive until Saturday. Therefore, a formal caravan schedule has not been arranged. However, Mike has planned a meeting location for our eastern members at the Mobil Station off the I-40 / 210 intersection which is Exit 319.

Friday Aug 15th:
Hotel Check-in for members arriving throughout the day. Relax and hit the sandy beach!

Hotel:
Grand Shores Ocean Resort
201 77th Ave N
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

6pm
Dinner: Carolina Tavern
The Carolina Tavern @ Inlet Square Mall
www.thecarolinatavern.com
852 Mall Drive
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576

8pm
Mopar Week "Concert Party" at House of Blues presented by Steve White Motors
House Of Blues
www.houseofblues.com
4640 Highway 17 South
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

Saturday Aug 16th:

8am-5pm
Mopar Week "Classic & Modern Muscle Car Show" at ISM presented by Auto Metal Direct
Restrictions- Mopar Only
Event Price- Spectators FREE
$25.00 judged vehicle admission
$15.00 display vehicle admission

Inlet Square Mall
www.inletsquaremall.com
10125 Highway 17 Bypass
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576

5pm:
Leave Car Show to "Cruise to the Strip" Myrtle Beach

7pm: Member Dinner
Captain George's Seafood Restaurant
1401 29th Ave N
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
http://www.captaingeorges.com/SetYourCourse.aspx?loc=5

Sunday Aug 17th:

The morning is yours to eat breakfast, relax, or hit the sandy beach!

12pm-4pm
Mopar Week "Cruise-In" at Wheels of Yesteryear hosted by Coastal Carolina Mopars
www.wheelsofyesteryearmb.com
413 Hospitality Lane
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579

PatrickB
08-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Snake, check your PMs..

Mreeves
08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Just spoke to Erin at the hotel. She is going to check on the pothole situation. She also told me that there is a second entrance on the other side of the hotel. She believes that the back entrance doesn't have a speed bump either. She says to just watch for people leaving.
Later today she is taping off parking for us. See you all there!!

braunstein82
08-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Finishing up wounded warriors charity run now. 30-40 cars. Me and 1 other viper. He also was a newer owner had a new black on black gts. Hes a local and will be out there Saturday I believe. 2 other local vipers were at wheels of yesteryears 96 Gts yellow custom and a red gen 1. None voa members......yet. Told them about voa and that you all would be out here. So they are going to look out for you. The Mopar group so far is very mature and friendly. No one acting fooling like mustang week. Hope everyone has fun. Wish I could stay the weekend.

CarolinaViper
08-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Glad you were able to do the Warriors Charity Run, it a great cause and thanks for mentioning the club to the other Viper owner, Hope you can make it to the Biltmore Event.

Mreeves
08-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Any word on caravans or arrival times yet?

I'm coming from the western side of NC; I have a route I typically run, but I'd be interested to hear how everyone else is going to run and to know if anyone coming from my general area wanted to link up.

EDIT: I bought a set of radios that Seth recommended so I can join the radio fun.. :D
Patrick and Seth, what channel are you going to be on. I also bought a set based on Seth's recommendation. Certain channels are not full power, if I read the manual right. Is channel 6 ok?

PatrickB
08-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Channel 6 works for me...I'll have mine on when I'm in the car.

dlogan
08-17-2014, 03:41 PM
We had a great time at the beach, good seeing all of you again, hope everyone made it home safely. Hope to see y'all again at the Biltmore house

PatrickB
08-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Back home, safe and sound. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for another awesome trip! It's so good to catch up with old friends and make new ones along the way. I absolutely love being part of this club and getting the opportunity to do these events. I hope everyone had a great time! Congrats to VOA Carolinas for taking the Club Participation award at the Mopars at the Beach car show on Saturday, and congrats to Seth, Kristian, and Hap for taking home individual trophies as well.

I took a ton of pictures and will be posting a number of them later tonight or tomorrow.

Hope to see everyone again at Biltmore next month!

Brian GTS
08-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Awesome guys! Can't wait to see the pics.....and that trophy! Very sorry I missed it, but Kudos to you all! :)

Mreeves
08-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Another fantastic weekend goes in the "I'm so glad I'm a member of the Carolina's Viper Club" file. As Patrick said, it was great to see everyone again and meet so many great new friends. Can't wait to see everyone at the Biltmore event. See you then!!

hmerrittiii
08-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Dave, Bill and myself had such a good time were still here.Why did you leave, ha.

PatrickB
08-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Starting to link up with everybody as we arrive at the beach..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1095_zps25238d3c.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1097_zps87df3e75.jpg

A quick cruise down Ocean Boulevard..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1100_zps3c8fa3bc.jpg

Great parking for the Vipers..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1107_zps39bc9a6e.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1119_zps979db625.jpg

Assembling for and cruising to Friday night's dinner..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1122_zpse73366f5.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1126_zps0ec03549.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1129_zpsb9df74d7.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1131_zps4ba43a01.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1133_zps91fb79db.jpg

The Carolina Tavern..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1136_zpsa3c9c824.jpg

Heading out for the car show..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1142_zps72ddb853.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1143_zps906c8831.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1144_zpsd5dacb9e.jpg

Waiting in line to register for the show..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1148_zps0acb883b.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1151_zps3bbc86c4.jpg

Cleaning cars and getting setup..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1152_zps7c4908ff.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1153_zpsb2e688db.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1156_zps1727c21b.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1157_zpsd9697d14.jpg

PatrickB
08-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Miscellaneous pictures from the car show..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1176_zpsa483c2fa.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1177_zps283fe070.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1178_zps053020d9.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1180_zpsbae79d88.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1182_zps6720250a.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1183_zpsb94006f6.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1184_zps3bd24ca3.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1186_zps3893459e.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1188_zps14110ef2.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1190_zps5938e15b.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1193_zps8900338e.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1194_zps6339b37d.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1196_zps5ac87588.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1197_zpsbf257d19.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1199_zps394f5ae1.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1205_zpsac254388.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1206_zpse0a46b9d.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1207_zps1bb490cf.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1208_zps1d65a8bb.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1209_zps70302eb1.jpg

PatrickB
08-18-2014, 09:19 AM
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1210_zps2e3e6fdc.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1211_zpsd244e73f.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1212_zpse37a3c61.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1213_zps87d63e44.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1214_zps360dcbe5.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1215_zpsdd632319.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1216_zps877605e6.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1217_zps55158500.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1223_zpsfa3b91ce.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1220_zpsccbd320f.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1224_zps6d077398.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1227_zps3aebc2f9.jpg

Assembling for Saturday night's dinner..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1235_zps1d512139.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1237_zps8fe724db.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1239_zps12f1cb45.jpg

Seth presenting the trophy for Club Participation that we won!
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1241_zps42d0e0db.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1240_zpse04beb16.jpg

Beautiful Sunday morning in Myrtle Beach!
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1244_zps9894e521.jpg

Final lunch for a few of us that were still around..
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1247_zps58dd09b7.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p693/pbrown811/VOA%20Carolinas%20-%20Mopars%20at%20the%20Beach%202014/SAM_1248_zps83c2b417.jpg

snake handler
08-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks to everyone for the warm reception in Myrtle Beach. My wife and I had a great time and are looking forward to Biltmore. Happy to be a member of the "Carolina's Viper Club"!!!

DaveW
08-18-2014, 06:06 PM
What a great weekend! Met several new members, Rick and Hap (and their wives), and my son, Jason came down as my designated driver.:D We snatched Rick and his wife (sorry, Alzheimer's) from VA because we have the most awesome club events, and Hap and Heidi, because we are who we are!!!!!! Great times at the car show (lots of trophies) - anyone find my sunglasses?)

Kudos to Mike and Patrick for all they did to bring this to a successful conclusion. We won numerous awards at the car show, including best club participation - WooHoo!!!!!!!!!

My clutch acted up again this weekend (40k miles) and Tom Sessions immediately stepped in and said he would make it right...

Dropped my Viper off at Tom's shop this morning, and will meet this weekend near my house and take delivery... WHAT A GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From me and Jay, we thank all of you for making this a wonderful experience, and can't wait 'til Biltmore"

Carolina's VOA, FOREVER!!!!!

Brian GTS
08-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Patrick, thanks for all those pics man! Those are some awesome shots...and shooting members with their cars is really cool. Can't thank you enough for taking the reins and doing that.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the newer members. I can only imagine how much fun you all had....and wish I could have been there. Congrats on the trophy! Way to go Carolinas VOA!!!

InZane
08-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Looks like a sweet turn out and a fun time. Great pics!

Mreeves
08-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Here are some more pics...

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160074_zps40fe0f81.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160073_zps9f291ea9.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160072_zps9208528d.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160071_zps0881d5f6.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160070_zpsc2b9b079.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160069_zps1700a5d0.jpg/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160068_zpsdd55c00e.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160067_zps1a803dae.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160066_zps3754b336.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8150065_zpse3956e8a.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8150061_zpsd33292c4.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160142_zpse9b32974.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160126_zps7c7d67b6.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160124_zps8e56a16f.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160123_zps5be8d2e4.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160122_zps0b90d082.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160119_zpsbd0196b7.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160107_zps4444337b.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160099_zps851ad73a.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160102_zps4580f4ba.jpg

Mreeves
08-19-2014, 11:38 AM
http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160092_zpsd17d9a51.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160091_zpsf5c49700.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160088_zps3c2fae01.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160087_zps3443f314.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160085_zps6401cdc4.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160084_zps670ecb97.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160081_zpsc81b2321.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160077_zpsc32d799c.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160075_zpsa208227d.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/mreeves1/Vipers%20at%20the%20Beach/P8160074_zps40fe0f81.jpg

PatrickB
08-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Mike, thanks for posting your pictures! I always love to see the "going down the road" action shots and I wasn't really able to get much of those myself.. :D

hmerrittiii
08-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Nice pics , Mike and Patrick

billp
08-19-2014, 06:25 PM
It was great to see all our Viper friends at the beach. We had such a good time we decided to stay an extra day with Dave, his son Jason, and our new Viper friend Hap and his wife Heidi. Biminis was an excellent dinner choice. Thanks Mike & Patrick for doing a great job for the Club. Here are a few cell phone photoshttp://driveviper.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6366&d=1408490558

Brian GTS
08-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Awesome pics Mike! Thanks for setting up the hotel and restaurant for everyone....looks like a great time! These pictures are bitter sweet. ;)

gutterworks129
08-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Sweet pics!

Roy
08-20-2014, 06:18 AM
looks like a great meet up! Thanks for the pics. I guess RT/10 really are becoming collectible...there is only 1!

Wished we had meetings like this overseas...never seen more than 3 Vipers at the same day :) yet

PatrickB
08-20-2014, 07:24 AM
looks like a great meet up! Thanks for the pics. I guess RT/10 really are becoming collectible...there is only 1!

Wished we had meetings like this overseas...never seen more than 3 Vipers at the same day :) yet

You know, I hadn't even thought about mine being the only RT/10! We have a number of RT/10s owned by members in our region, but none of them were on this trip. If memory serves, there was one other RT/10 (Gen 1) at the show, but the owner was not with our group.

BlknBlu
08-20-2014, 07:56 AM
cool pics, thanks for sharing

Bruce

No hemi
08-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Nice pics, i wish I could have gone, maybe next year! !, I saw 4 or 5 cars of friends of mine (non vipers)

C.J
08-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Looks like a fun weekend! The beach looked nice too. Dave, glad to see you survived the tubing at the hotel. :)

Thanks Bill, Patrick, and Mike for sharing your photos. I agree with Brian, the photos are fun to look at, but it would have been great to join you all for this trip.

Dave, what did Tom find wrong with your clutch?

DaveW
08-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Looks like a fun weekend! The beach looked nice too. Dave, glad to see you survived the tubing at the hotel. :)

Thanks Bill, Patrick, and Mike for sharing your photos. I agree with Brian, the photos are fun to look at, but it would have been great to join you all for this trip.

Dave, what did Tom find wrong with your clutch?

Craig,

I'll PM you re clutch - also 2nd fog light hit by a rock and not only shattered, a hole was punched through. Alas, the continuing saga of my road trip attacks by inanimate objects...

Brian GTS
08-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Craig,

I'll PM you re clutch - also 2nd fog light hit by a rock and not only shattered, a hole was punched through. Alas, the continuing saga of my road trip attacks by inanimate objects...

Gee, just think, if you wouldn't have joined the club, you wouldn't have these issues because your car would be sitting in the garage more often! :)

DaveW
08-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Gee, just think, if you wouldn't have joined the club, you wouldn't have these issues because your car would be sitting in the garage more often! :)

Good point, Brian. However, comp insurance, zero deductible, is like having a plastic surgeon in the family. Have a little fun, and fix what gets busted in the process... :trike:

mendler23
08-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Hey everyone, Hate that I had to cancel my trip for this one - appears we probably would have been okay to drive down, but played it safe.

The event organizer called me asking how they could break up the car show judging for the Vipers. He was interested in doing 3 Viper specific classes. I don't know if doing it by generations or modified/vs stock would be the best way to go. So, any suggestions?

braunstein82
08-29-2014, 10:03 AM
First category should be best silver gen 2 Gts. Lol. I think by generation would be best. Other ideas best engine modded, best custom appearance, best overall or cleanest stock.

Brian GTS
08-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Hey everyone, Hate that I had to cancel my trip for this one - appears we probably would have been okay to drive down, but played it safe.

The event organizer called me asking how they could break up the car show judging for the Vipers. He was interested in doing 3 Viper specific classes. I don't know if doing it by generations or modified/vs stock would be the best way to go. So, any suggestions?

Was that Frog? I'm thinking generations..... I/II....III/IV....and then V.

PatrickB
08-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Sorry you missed it Chris, we had a great time and had a lot of participation!

I got an email from Frog the other day that spoke of changes that were going to happen next year. Basically, they've got a problem but it's a good problem - their event is getting more and more popular every year and some changes do need to be implemented to accommodate the growth.

Specific to the Viper - I'd agree with Brian and Matthew - by generation. Lump Gen 1 & 2s, Gen 3s and 4s, and then Gen 5s. I hate to say this, but from the few shows that I've been to it's almost as if the older Gen's don't really have that great of a chance when they are thrown up against the newer stuff, especially Gen 5s. By breaking the categories out, the different Gen's can then compete with similar vehicles. In other words, my RT/10 is never going to have a chance in a car show against a Gen 5.

mendler23
09-02-2014, 01:32 PM
I've let Frog now to try and do it by generations.