PDA

View Full Version : New to the Midwest Region. New to the Viper world. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Oberyn
06-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Hey all,

I am thrilled to be a fellow Viper owner! I have always loved the Viper and I finally was in the position to buy myself one so I did! I am out of Waukesha, Wisconsin with a 2003 SRT 10. I am in love with this beautiful car and so excited for the summer of driving ahead. I was wondering if anyone knew of some reputable places to take the car to have it looked over in the Milwaukee area. I bought it used and want to make sure that there is nothing majorly wrong with it before I go to far along.

I think the shocks are probably shot, but I am not really sure how I can check this. Also, does anybody know of a good place to have this thing detailed in the area? I used to do detailing myself, but I don't trust myself with such a thin coat of paint and clear.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Thanks,

Kyle

Stretch
06-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Congrats and welcome!! Post pics too!

Oberyn
06-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks Stretch!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday with a friend.

Stretch
06-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Sweet. Used to live up in WI many years ago. I'd recommend joining the VOA and getting connected with the Illinois club. They always have big events and from the pictures they look like a great time.

Photog1
06-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Hey all,

I am thrilled to be a fellow Viper owner! I have always loved the Viper and I finally was in the position to buy myself one so I did! I am out of Waukesha, Wisconsin with a 2003 SRT 10. I am in love with this beautiful car and so excited for the summer of driving ahead. I was wondering if anyone knew of some reputable places to take the car to have it looked over in the Milwaukee area. I bought it used and want to make sure that there is nothing majorly wrong with it before I go to far along.

I think the shocks are probably shot, but I am not really sure how I can check this. Also, does anybody know of a good place to have this thing detailed in the area? I used to do detailing myself, but I don't trust myself with such a thin coat of paint and clear.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Thanks,

Kyle

Welcome to the the insanity!! You need to take it to Roanoke Motors in Roanoke,IL. Dave the Viper tech there is the best in the country. If you can try and come to our IL club meeting it will be on July 9th. Check out the IL club website for all the details. www.illinoisvipers.com

1ststrike
06-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi Kyle,
I am up near Madison. IF you ever really want to get some driver instruction on the car I would recommend signing up with the Illinois CLub since it is close to you and they have a lot of driving events.

sparkrn
06-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Love to see it July 9 at pinstripes in barrington il. July is the meeting that they all come out to. 62 snakes last July!!

V1P3R
06-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Greetings from the COA! Welcome to the club.

scloudin
06-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Kyle,

I live about 20 miles from you near Gurnee,IL. and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me a PM with your phone number and we can talk if interested. I've been playing with these beasts for about 10 years. I don't profess to know a great deal but I can help point you in the right direction. definetly come to the next meeting and you will meet some great people and learn a lot about the VOA.

Steve

Oberyn
06-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the the insanity!! You need to take it to Roanoke Motors in Roanoke,IL. Dave the Viper tech there is the best in the country. If you can try and come to our IL club meeting it will be on July 9th. Check out the IL club website for all the details. www.illinoisvipers.com

Thank you for the advice! Looks like Roanoke is about 3 hours from me. Maybe one of these days I will road trip it down there.

I am going to try and make it to the July 9th meeting for sure. I am from St. Charles, IL originally so that's home for me.

Hi Kyle,
I am up near Madison. IF you ever really want to get some driver instruction on the car I would recommend signing up with the Illinois CLub since it is close to you and they have a lot of driving events.

Thank you, I appreciate the advice! How much activity is there up here in Wisco?

Love to see it July 9 at pinstripes in barrington il. July is the meeting that they all come out to. 62 snakes last July!!

I am definitely going to try and make it. Sounds like a blast!

Greetings from the COA! Welcome to the club.

It's good to be in the club :D

Kyle,

I live about 20 miles from you near Gurnee,IL. and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me a PM with your phone number and we can talk if interested. I've been playing with these beasts for about 10 years. I don't profess to know a great deal but I can help point you in the right direction. definetly come to the next meeting and you will meet some great people and learn a lot about the VOA.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I will meet you at the July 9th meeting!

Leslie
06-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Congrats on the Viper!

Oberyn
07-07-2014, 09:48 AM

Hey,

My dad has a 2011 Challenger SRT8. I know it's not a Viper, but would it be all right if he were to come to a VOA meeting as well? I am sure he would love to see all the Vipers and talk cars with the group. I just don't know the protocol as I am on week 3 of Viper ownership!

Thanks,

Kyle

Car457
07-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Kyle- bring the whole family. We have a very family friendly group. Look forward to meeting you.
Gary (IL Region VP)

Oberyn
07-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Kyle- bring the whole family. We have a very family friendly group. Look forward to meeting you.
Gary (IL Region VP)

Gary,

Nice meeting you yesterday along with everyone else. It was great to see so many other Vipers and I felt welcomed into the community. I am looking forward to taking part in some events in the future.

Slithr
07-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I used to do detailing myself, but I don't trust myself with such a thin coat of paint and clear.

Welcome aboard, great group of guys/gals here! I wouldn't worry about the above, the first car I ever detailed (clayed/polished) was my 2003 SRT-10. Look up the 'Junkman' on YouTube or the detailing forum here, he gave me just enough confidence to do it.

cuda736908
07-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Welcome welcome from Omaha and the crossroads of america. Glad to have you in the voa!

GT Venum
07-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Kyle,

Welcome to the club! We live in Mukwonago. We are usually at Gus's Drive In in East Troy on Saturday nights.

Roller
07-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the VOA! I am in North Lake 15 miles from you, stop in if you are in the area. I have a '96 GTS.

Frank