PDA

View Full Version : Worried!

MKALSABAH
11-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I went to the dealer today and asked when will i get my car?
the dealer said we have no idea your car is still on E statues.
He told me your car might be built in December.

I paid for the car last week of September.

Why is dodge so slow into building the car? and i am confused didn't SRT cut down the building of the vipers since the demand for them is less? Doesn't that make my car be built quicker?

help whats going on?

canadian viper
11-06-2013, 06:52 PM
only 6 cars built per day now.

VRYALT3R3D
11-06-2013, 07:04 PM
I ordered a 2014 GT500. It took 6 months for it to arrive. I know people who waited months for the C7. This is a handbuilt car, not a F150

MKALSABAH
11-06-2013, 08:43 PM
only 6 cars built per day now.

ok but at dealers they have a lot of them not sold, why don't the factory give the customised order priority

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered a 2014 GT500. It took 6 months for it to arrive. I know people who waited months for the C7. This is a handbuilt car, not a F150

i have to wait and see

ViperSmith
11-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Who knows. I ordered last nov and got the car July 1, so you are in much better straights!

MKALSABAH
11-07-2013, 02:45 AM
Who knows. I ordered last nov and got the car July 1, so you are in much better straights!

OUCH THATS A LONG TIME

Guess what the dealer just called and i got the serial number plus its D1 now :)

this forum is good luck

Fatboy 18
11-07-2013, 04:35 AM
Hello MKALSABAH,
Just wondering out of interest how the car would get to you? Do you plan to have the car flown over or do use ships? Or is this something your dealer takes care of?

I used a container ship to get my Gen II GTS into the UK :)

MKALSABAH
11-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Hello MKALSABAH,
Just wondering out of interest how the car would get to you? Do you plan to have the car flown over or do use ships? Or is this something your dealer takes care of?

I used a container ship to get my Gen II GTS into the UK :)

hey fatboy

In kuwait there is two ways to get it. First option is to ship it which will take 30 to 45 days. Second option is to fly it which will cost a little more but will take 3 to 5 days to get here. and the two options u get to pick at the dealer

VYPR BYT
11-07-2013, 07:49 AM
ok but at dealers they have a lot of them not sold, why don't the factory give the customised order priority

I'm not sure but perhaps they just wanted to get the first 150 launch editions out the door as fast as possible, then the easier paint choices and then the more customized cars last since they take longer... maybe that's why. :confused:

Bill Pemberton
11-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Keep in mind your Dealer is just now starting to get Vipers, and since they are Imported Directly you will actually be able to get warranty coverage. The time frame on a Viper can vary for many reasons, but many Franchises in the US have not had cars built that were ordered in September. When a vehicle is ordered with Chrysler there is a time frame before it is considered to be built as there are other orders ahead. This is relevant to many different models , but time frame wise it does not sound like anything abnormal is going on with your process and very few hand built Vipers are made each day. Your Dealer will be able to check your status for you , but once it actually gets to E status , it is being built. D1 only means it has a scheduled build date, but once completed it will likely be sent by container ship , so that will, of course cause a bit more delay. The wait will be worth it, trust me!!

Fatboy 18
11-07-2013, 08:23 AM
hey fatboy

In kuwait there is two ways to get it. First option is to ship it which will take 30 to 45 days. Second option is to fly it which will cost a little more but will take 3 to 5 days to get here. and the two options u get to pick at the dealer I bet you can't wait :D Have to say I would be wearing out my shoes, pacing up and down waiting for my car, its a great feeling :)

If the car does go by ship I found a website called www.marinetraffic.com, Its great as it gets updated every 24hrs showing where in the sea your container ship is :) All you need to know is the name of your ship ;)

ieem01172
11-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Wait, isn't E status after D-1 ? If so, why is MKALSABAH happy that its at D-1 ? Please explain this as I am also purchasing a GTS in the middle east(Saudi Arabia) !

Bill Pemberton
11-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes E status is after D1 Status. As noted cars are just recently being allocated for the Middle East and there is bound to be some confusion. Also , occasionally there can be a change where due to parts availability a car will revert back to D1 instead of staying in E status and being delayed. It has been an Arcane Art to understand the build process for the many years the Viper has been built, but keep in mind it is hand built. For many, many years a 6 month wait to get a Snake was a right of passage and always worth the wait. There will be some glitches and confusion just getting the car overseas , but I do know for a fact that SRT is very committed to satisfying the large group of enthusiasts in your part of the World!!!

ViperSmith
11-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Dealers are going to be selling them in the middle east now? That is great!

VENOM V
11-07-2013, 11:28 AM
That's pretty cool, I see new buyers posting from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the UAE. My lady is originally from Kuwait.

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-07-2013, 12:56 PM
There is another buyer Ieem posting here/above in Middle-East.... He is in S.A. and car just went to D-1 Status as well.

To me, this means the 'international sequence' of Vipers is about to be built in the middle of the TA run starting this month.

But "waiting 6 months" for a new Viper is quite normal...you WONT have that kind of delay!

Bill Pemberton
11-07-2013, 01:10 PM
The Demand in the Middle East is huge as we have given over 10 referrals to the International Mktg. Dept. The biggest delay will likely be the shipping overseas to the area, but it would not surprise me to see them go in bulk , considering how many have been ordered. Hope to hear in the next year that there is a VOA in the Middle East. The name lends itself so much better for organizations overseas , since it does not specify a Country or border.

Viper Owner's Association ---
1. Japan
2. Canada
3. England

Sure other areas will be joining soon?!

theviper
11-07-2013, 11:15 PM

Good question. For some reason, Chrysler doesn't give priority to customers who have placed orders. Dealers get first preference. It's happened to me as well and my car kept on getting pushed back for no reason.

VRYALT3R3D
11-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Good question. For some reason, Chrysler doesn't give priority to customers who have placed orders. Dealers get first preference. It's happened to me as well and my car kept on getting pushed back for no reason.

Ford and GM does this as well.......

SilveRT8
11-08-2013, 05:52 AM
8 months wait to get my 2013 GTS...but once you get the car it's all forgotten....it's that good !

MKALSABAH
11-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Keep in mind your Dealer is just now starting to get Vipers, and since they are Imported Directly you will actually be able to get warranty coverage. The time frame on a Viper can vary for many reasons, but many Franchises in the US have not had cars built that were ordered in September. When a vehicle is ordered with Chrysler there is a time frame before it is considered to be built as there are other orders ahead. This is relevant to many different models , but time frame wise it does not sound like anything abnormal is going on with your process and very few hand built Vipers are made each day. Your Dealer will be able to check your status for you , but once it actually gets to E status , it is being built. D1 only means it has a scheduled build date, but once completed it will likely be sent by container ship , so that will, of course cause a bit more delay. The wait will be worth it, trust me!!

hey bill,

do you work for Chrysler or what ? :P u got a lot of info

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you can't wait :D Have to say I would be wearing out my shoes, pacing up and down waiting for my car, its a great feeling :)

If the car does go by ship I found a website called www.marinetraffic.com, Its great as it gets updated every 24hrs showing where in the sea your container ship is :) All you need to know is the name of your ship ;)

i am bona ship it via plane :P

MKALSABAH
11-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Dealers are going to be selling them in the middle east now? That is great!

so far we got 2 GTS vipers 2013 from the dealer here. and we have i think 1 or 2 people brought from america.

MKALSABAH
11-09-2013, 03:44 PM
That's pretty cool, I see new buyers posting from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the UAE. My lady is originally from Kuwait.

what u bought a viper from here?

MKALSABAH
11-09-2013, 03:47 PM
8 months wait to get my 2013 GTS...but once you get the car it's all forgotten....it's that good !

dam thats a lot, i called the people in charge of the middle east distortion for the vipers, they said my car will in kuwait in march maximum.(via ship) i will ship it via plane so it will be here in feb or end of jan.