PDA

View Full Version : I caught this guy surreptitiously crossing the border last night.

Shooter
06-20-2014, 07:11 AM
He thought he was being sneaky.....

After further questioning though, I pointed him east toward New Jersey and sent him on his way.
He should arrive in about a year Plum :)

BlknBlu
06-20-2014, 07:14 AM
awesome, I have had several Tarantula's as pets. most are very docile.

Bruce

FLATOUT
06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
HAHA I just remembered you are out of town working lol. I was about to call the wife and tell her to stay on Tarantula watch for awhile.

PatrickB
06-20-2014, 09:41 AM
I would have died right there on the spot..

Anonymous
06-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Ok I just found one positive for living in NY.

Shooter
06-20-2014, 04:19 PM
HAHA I just remembered you are out of town working lol. I was about to call the wife and tell her to stay on Tarantula watch for awhile.

Ya. I'm well south of the casa :)

BTW: I've seen way more Scorpions then big furry spiders around the house. Our county is well known for the amount of Scorpions.

plumcrazy
06-20-2014, 08:30 PM
dude, that isnt even remotely funny. thats just plain cold and downright SICK !

Shooter
06-21-2014, 06:40 AM

Lol. Took you long enough. :)

Troublemaker
06-21-2014, 10:54 AM
That's one of the reasons I have never jumped on any of the jobs in Texas, your food chain is way too strange down there. Hairy spiders, scorpions, who knows how many venomous snakes, and those damn Armordillers.

Shooter
06-22-2014, 01:19 PM
And now a 2nd hairy dude has been intercepted while attempting a hazardous daylight crossing. :)

He is a bit bigger, and might have actionable intel. We have detained him in an escape proof cell for further questioning.

plumcrazy
06-22-2014, 02:15 PM
3 spider pics is cause for ban.. i just the rules :)

Shooter
06-22-2014, 04:21 PM
3 spider pics is cause for ban.. i just the rules :)

I'm sorry man, I can't explain it. The 1st one said he did NOT vote for Obama, and the one today kept repeating something about how he can bench 100X his own body weight, which is much more then 185.:confused: Thats all I could get out of him so I had to let him go. He was last seen heading east.... :)

Troublemaker
06-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Is he the bodybuilder type? Has he torn his pants getting in your Viper, or raced a Corvette and stopped to talk afterwards? I'm just curious.

Shooter
06-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Is he the bodybuilder type? Has he torn his pants getting in your Viper, or raced a Corvette and stopped to talk afterwards? I'm just curious.

Hmm, this guy would tear Lance up. Last pic of him before he took off East.

BlknBlu
06-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Awesome.

Bruce

plumcrazy
06-22-2014, 07:20 PM
LMAO @ Lance...

Vprbite
07-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Shooter...probably part of a sleeper cell. Might have something to do with the one I found by my garage here in Tucson the other day. He managed to get into the desert but if I catch him, I will used "enhanced interrogation" on him and find out if they are connected.

Man I hear ya on the scorps. I get sprayed here at the house and it is mostly to deter them. Spiders IDGAF about. There are really only 2 dangerous types and black widows are easy to avoid if you don't build a house for them. I.E. a shed with cracks and holes that is otherwise dark. But them bark scorpions...they blend perfectly with the desert or in my case, my Saltillo tile. And they are the only scorpion that can lay their tail flat, making them even harder to spot. And they are also the only one that can hang upside down on something that you pick up. Truthfully though, getting sprain and laying it heavy on the doorways and windows keeps em pretty low. I have only seen 2 in the house in 5 yrs. I don't like cats but that would be the one thing maybe to convince me to get one was if I had a scorpion problem. They are immune to the stung and will hunt and kill them. Bit until then, I'll take my german shepherd over a cat and just get sprayed.

Wherever you are at right now, be sure to look in your boot before you step in em. All Arizona cowboys know that.

KNG SNKE
07-27-2014, 07:12 PM

I find it hilarious. PM me your address plum, I got a shipment for ya :)

PS: Just kidding, don't want to scare you to death.

Schen
07-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Funny story about spiders...

The girlfriend calls me non-stop one night. Can't figure out why, can't get ahold of her after she calls. Then I get a call from her mom, so I answer. 'HOW MUCH SPRAY DO YOU HAVE?! THERE'S A MONSTER SPIDER IN THE HOUSE! IT'S SITTIN ON THE CURTAIN AND THE DOGS ARE GOING BEZERK!'

Like...here I'm thinking this is probably just a daddy long leg. It can't be that serious. We don't get big scary spiders up here. I've seen Banana spiders and Black Windows in Florida but that's about it. How bad can this thing be?

So I load up and grab the bottles of bug spray. Two little squirts and I should be back home.

I go in the house and walk past the kitchen, the kitchen table and into the living room. Okay, where is the stupid thing? Sure enough I look up and there sitting on the curtain is a Wolf Spider. How...how this thing got in the house was beyond me much less living here in Jersey. Why is this here? Dammit. This sucker was big enough to fit in my palm.

Lock and loaded, I turn the nozzle to spray. This is serious business. I crouch down not knowing what this thing is capable of. I've never seen a wild spider this large before in the Northeast. I know what some spiders do, I've seen them on YouTube! Sweating bullets at this point. It couldn't be a cute spider, no it had to be this ugly, nasty thing on the wall.

SPRAY, SPRAY, SPRAY, SPRAY!

And I'm still unloading this bug spray everywhere, all over the wall, on the curtain. You'd think after pulling the trigger a few dozen times the stupid thing would just die already and curl into a ball. It drops, down behind the couch but holding on. But...

NOPE. This spider won't die, it won't stay down, this spider was determined to live and started walking up the curtain again. I'M STILL shooting bug spray.

That's when we pull the couch out. WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! My girlfriends mom does a James Bond impersonation with a shoe.

Finally...It's over. The dust settles. Half a bottle down and it was going to go for round 2 but it met it's fate by the sole of a shoe. Never again do I ever want to see a random spider that big in anyone's house ever again.

--RS

Shooter
07-27-2014, 11:02 PM
How about this dude? I call him "underground spider". His eyes are glowing from my surefire light.

btw, those squares are 8 inch by 8 inch....:)

plumcrazy
07-28-2014, 04:49 AM
ughhhh