PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Celebration of Freedom Car show - July 4th

LeadfootRT10
06-19-2014, 02:48 PM
For those who don't have 4th of July plans, I've got an option for you. The city of Mesa is hosting their annual Fourth of July party known as the Arizona Celebration of Freedom. Part of the event is a car show. The event runs from 6:00PM on the fourth of July until the conclusion of a fireworks display that is scheduled to begin at 9:45PM or later. The event is located at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center Street Mesa. There will be live music on multiple stages and other activities throughout the evening as well as your standard carnival food.

Those who participate will receive a goodie bag that includes a T-shirt, dash plaque, rally towel and more. They will also be giving out 20 different awards including fan favorite. Registration is $15, below is the advanced registration form, although I'm sure they will take people at the gate.

If anybody wants to go with me, we can meet up in advance so we can arrive as a group and park together.:cool:

Registration form:

Event website:
http://www.azcelebrationoffreedom.com/index.html

WhiteSnake
06-20-2014, 10:38 PM
LF, thanks for posting these events. Most don't know there are so many things going on around the valley. Don't get discouraged if no one responds. It's a holiday and most likely will be hot. Summers are always low participation times.

LeadfootRT10
06-21-2014, 12:14 AM
What was that Whitesnake? are you saying the AZ members are a bunch of wusses who can't take the heat in the desert?! Not a very nice thing to say!!!!

But seriously, there are a lot more events than what i post. I try to post events i think are going to be larger and well attended. I also look for events where there are other things going on. Also, this one's at night so that should mitigate some of the heat concerns. There are multiple weekly cruise ins all over the valley but i just haven't been driving the car as much, mostly because the NVE trip is just over the horizon. When I win the LE in Detroit, I'm sure the number of miles i drive will increase substantially!!!

WhiteSnake
06-21-2014, 12:31 AM
What was that Whitesnake? are you saying the AZ members are a bunch of wusses who can't take the heat in the desert?! Not a very nice thing to say!!!!

But seriously, there are a lot more events than what i post. I try to post events i think are going to be larger and well attended. I also look for events where there are other things going on. Also, this one's at night so that should mitigate some of the heat concerns. There are multiple weekly cruise ins all over the valley but i just haven't been driving the car as much, mostly because the NVE trip is just over the horizon. When I win the LE in Detroit, I'm sure the number of miles i drive will increase substantially!!!

We just returned from putting 5400 miles on the DD after 4 weeks in 70-80 degree temperatures so not anxious to be outside in 100+ temps.

LeadfootRT10
06-21-2014, 02:13 PM
We just returned from putting 5400 miles on the DD after 4 weeks in 70-80 degree temperatures so not anxious to be outside in 100+ temps.

Alright, alright, i'll let you off the hook just this once.