PDA

View Full Version : Where is the love from MOPAR?

ViperSmith
11-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Nothing from SEMA posted, besides a blue Viper.

mopar.com shows this

http://i.imgur.com/dFVmEN5.png

Come on guys.

slitherv10
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
We got the same lame introduction /effort at the Toronto Auto show with the stryker red car there and no-one representing it except a video screen. Chevy introduced the 2014 Corvette on a stage with spokes people and question/answer periods. Very informative and in your face.

Oh well.

Troublemaker
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I hate to say it, but with the new corporate structure I think the Viper's days are numbered. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But I think the Viper needed to come out of the gate as profitable. I think SRT is focusing on the money makers and just letting the Viper sit and hope for the best. I honestly think its the aftermarket is who is either going to make or break the car. I think SRT has dumped all the money they can into the car.

slitherv10
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
I hate to say it, but with the new corporate structure I think the Viper's days are numbered. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But I think the Viper needed to come out of the gate as profitable. I think SRT is focusing on the money makers and just letting the Viper sit and hope for the best. I honestly think its the aftermarket is who is either going to make or break the car. I think SRT has dumped all the money they can into the car.

Those were the same thoughts I put across during a conversation with some Viper members last week. If SRT does not sell more than hundreds (@500 so far), then I think the Viper days are numbered as well. I too agree that for the car to survive then aftermarket parts and additions should be able to work with these cars. The Gen4 cars have their limits and now the Gen 5 and the numbers are showing. the earlier models ( Gen 2) esp, are still popular because of additions that are able to customize the car. TT or superchargers or heads, cam etc. They have pushed this car toward the corporate market and forgot about the market that got them here in the first place. The hard working American/Canadian/UK/German/European etc ( sorry if I left anyone out),who saved up money to buy the car and through the years of ownership, customize it and thus keep it for many years. They listened to a few and forgot the many. Just my opinion of course

Troublemaker
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Edited because Vipersmith is right and the conversation strayed from the thread's intent. Carry on.

ViperSmith
11-06-2013, 03:37 PM
The buyer they were after barely gave the Viper a second look. The car a lot of the Viper freaks were hoping for honestly didn't happen. I own a Gen2 right now and a Gen3 will most likely be my next puchase. I love the cars, but the neutered potential of the new models has really been a turn off. I bought the 96 B&W because it was in my opinion, The Viper and has unlimited potential.

Unsure what any of this has to do with Mopar and the Gen V

VRYALT3R3D
11-06-2013, 07:06 PM
I am disappointed that there are only appearance mods coming from MOPAR.

I was hoping that a MOPAR ECU would be released at SEMA.

Lawrenzo
11-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I haven't even seen appearance mods for the Vipers?? This is the biggest aftermarket car show in the world, and the Viper was basically MIA.