PDA

View Full Version : Nelson ledges road course in NE ohio

Ohiotj
06-09-2014, 09:14 AM
I wanted to pass this along for anyone interested in a cheap day of road course fun days. This track has just undergone a management change and needs support. The course is not the best in the world as far as condition goes. However it is great place to run and is pretty fast. The biggest advantage of Nelson Ledges has to be the open fun days. You don't have to sign up in advance, just show up that day and pay around 150 bucks for the day. This way if your schedule change or weather sucks you will not be out any money. The track is popular with motorcycle community and they just did a reconditioning of some parts of the track. So if it's good enough for bikes our cars should be fine. If you do plan on attending make sure to check with their website before leaving as they are working on a slim budget and it has changed before without much notice. I have attended a few fun days there and the atmosphere is very relaxed and everyone helps each other out. Also there is nelson ledges park which is next door so if you have family they can walk around old glacier rock formations in a very interesting park. Some time this year I would like to setup an non official viper meetup there for a fun day. It would be a great way for the viper community to support a grass roots track. Here is a link with the latest info about the track. Look to the top right where it says nelson ledges update.

http://www.kryderacing.com

VYPR BYT
06-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Great info TJ, thanks for the post.

FunDay's Schedule for 2014;
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Friday, July 25, 2014
Friday, August 01, 2014
Saturday, August 09, 2014
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Friday, August 29, 2014
Saturday, September 06, 2014
Sunday, September 07, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Saturday, October 04, 2014
Sunday, October 05, 2014

http://nelsonledges.com/GOTFunDays.aspx

Ohiotj
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
There is also one June 20th. As long as the weather is nice I will be there.