PDA

View Full Version : Any LI Owners to help look at local Viper 4S w/me?

thetalonguy
06-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Hello All,

I'm getting ready to make my dream purchase shortly and was wondering if there were any local LI'ers that would be available to potentially look at a Viper with me?

For the last couple of weeks I was working with a forum member to purchase a Viper located across the country. However, I'm having a very difficult time making a large purchase sight unseen.

So I started looking at some local GenII GTS's. I was supposed to look at a 96 B/W in the Hamptons on Saturday but the guy never returned my confirmation call. Alternatively, I ended up taking a look at a 2002 GTS at a dealer in Huntington. I didnt expect anything out of it, but after the 2 vs 1 double team, I was able to get them down a bit on the price. I told them I would let it marinate for a couple of days, since I was planning on purchasing a cheaper 96-99 car. For the 2002, I think the price point is very good and I'll get ABS (with sacrafice of forged internals). Mulling it over, ABS seems like a very nice to have while driving in LI.

Is there anyone that would be available to take another look at it with me and perhaps take it for test drive on my behalf? I'm not confident enough to really test the car myself and think someone is more well-seasoned would be more appropriate. I would greatly appreciate it!

I live in Bethpage and the car is in Huntington. I was hoping to take another look sometime this week. PM me if youd like some more info.

Just A Dream
06-16-2014, 08:17 PM
I live over in seaford. I would take a ride to hunting ton with ya. I have had my gen ll for 10 years

thetalonguy
06-17-2014, 07:18 AM
I live over in seaford. I would take a ride to hunting ton with ya. I have had my gen ll for 10 years

Thanks, I appreciate it. I actually had the car brought to high-end mechanic last weeek. The report came back and everything was great with the exception of the ABS light was on. That's was being fixed and I should be picking up the car between today and the end of the week.

Actually, in the CarFax report, it looks like the car was previously registered in Massapequa Park. Not sure if you had seen it before or maybe even knew the previous owner? It's Graphite with Silver Stripes. It also had a Snake Pit Performance (W. Babylon) sticker in the engine bay.

Does anyone ever meet up around here? I'd love to meet with some other Viper owners. I've been reading Viper forum archives for the last several months, but there is still a wealth of info to learn.

Thanks again for your offer.

City
06-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Snake Pit Performance is/was Mike Figliozzi's place. Not sure he's still in business, but many of the NY crew know him very well for many years. Someone should be able to recognize the car for you.

Moved your thread over to the NY/CT Region area (with a redirect) so you'll get more visibility.

thetalonguy
06-17-2014, 07:18 PM
City, thanks for the info and redirect.