PDA

View Full Version : SRT Viper remote start option ?

ieem01172
11-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I ordered a 2014 SRT Viper GTS about a month ago,and while on youtube today, I saw a Mopar video that explained the Viper's key fob. What's interesting is that they mention "if your car is equipped with remote start" , but there was not an explicit "remote start" option. Please explain this as I really want to have this installed :)
Here is the link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQamQPhYqFw

Space Truckin
11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Why would you want/ need a "remote start" on a manual transmission? (I always leave mine parked in gear and parking brake on) Also that just seems like an accident waiting to happen.

VRYALT3R3D
11-06-2013, 09:17 AM
There is no remote start on the Gen V. That video has to be a mistake.

ieem01172
11-06-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't "need" remote start :) I just want to use it as a gimmick (640 hp remote start ...WOW)
But it kind of makes sense, right ? (If the car is in neutral and the parking brake is engaged, why not ?)

Thanks for your reply,

ieem01172
11-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Personally, I think it's not true, but if you look at the uploader "Mopar brand" ...Well , its up to you experts to decide the validity of this video.

Thanks again

Fatboy 18
11-06-2013, 11:45 AM
One of my friends has a remote start on his Aerial Atom. The car was in the shop having had some work done to the car and the mechanic had driven the car outside the shop and parked it up. The car was a few feet away from a wall, the mechanic handed back the keys to my friend and he hit the remote start button on the keyfob while standing away from the car to warm the engine before setting off home. Sadly the mechanic had left the car in gear and the car shot backward smashing the new rear wing and exhaust system against the wall of the workshop!

Thank god there was no one standing behind the car! Who ever did the install on the car for the remote should have been shot, there was no cut out switch on the transmission!

My friend sadly had to pay for the damages :( But the consequences don't bear thinking about if the car had hit someone!

ViperSmith
11-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Personally, I think it's not true, but if you look at the uploader "Mopar brand" ...Well , its up to you experts to decide the validity of this video.

Thanks again

The video is incorrect. SRT Engineering confirmed.

ACRucrazy
11-06-2013, 12:11 PM
One of my friends has a remote start on his Aerial Atom. The car was in the shop having had some work done to the car and the mechanic had driven the car outside the shop and parked it up. The car was a few feet away from a wall, the mechanic handed back the keys to my friend and he hit the remote start button on the keyfob while standing away from the car to warm the engine before setting off home. Sadly the mechanic had left the car in gear and the car shot backward smashing the new rear wing and exhaust system against the wall of the workshop!

Thank god there was no one standing behind the car! Who ever did the install on the car for the remote should have been shot, there was no cut out switch on the transmission!

My friend sadly had to pay for the damages :( But the consequences don't bear thinking about if the car had hit someone!

Your friends shop that completed the install did it incorrectly then. That's a shame. When done properly it is not possible for it to remote start in gear.

slitherv10
11-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Your friends shop that completed the install did it incorrectly then. That's a shame. When done properly it is not possible for it to remote start in gear.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ViperGTS
11-06-2013, 12:40 PM
not long ago.....there was a story of a Viper with remote start that a valet parking guy parked (in gear) and hit the remote start button...the Viper ended up in a wall.
Smart! Very smart (owner).