PDA

View Full Version : GT-R engine coming to more vehicles

ViperSmith
06-07-2014, 08:46 AM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1092542_infiniti-boss-hints-at-using-gt-r-engine-in-more-models?fbfanpage

The twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V-6 in Nissan’s GT-R produces a stout 600 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque in its most potent form, so it’s understandable Nissan would be keen to drop the engine into some of its other models. While most other Nissans couldn’t command the high prices necessitated by the installation of the hand-built engine, some Infinitis certainly could.

In fact, we’ve already seen the GT-R engine installed in the Q50 Eau Rouge concept car, which is yet to be confirmed for production but almost certainly will given the positive attention it’s received. Now Infiniti boss Johan de Nysschen has revealed that more Infiniti models could end up receiving the GT-R engine.

Would make infinitis more appealing, which they have never been to me.

Boba Fett
06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
so what

Hotrodder00
08-02-2014, 11:52 PM
I'd drive a GT-R based Infiniti sedan any day, that'd be fun as hell, wayyyyyyy more reliable and refined than a cts-v, don't know if I'd fork over the 6 figure msrp though!

Nine Ball
08-03-2014, 03:00 AM
CTS-V are damn near bulletproof reliable. GT-R's are not. 60k miles on my Caddy now.

Troublemaker
08-03-2014, 12:30 PM
CTS-V are damn near bulletproof reliable. GT-R's are not. 60k miles on my Caddy now.

That's a motor they should spread across a bigger line, it's a shame they have chose to go smaller with more FI.