PDA

View Full Version : New Blue Gen 5 at SEMA

XSnake
11-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Here's the new color in real life at SEMA

viperdan
11-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Looks darker in that picture, not as much pastel but I'd guess because of the lighting. I like it, thanks for posting!

FLATOUT
11-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Dayum that looks good!

viperdan
11-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Here's the new color in real life at SEMA

Now if they give it an appropriate name, not the BS three choices that won the contest!

SLViper
11-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Sweet! my "Hypnotic Blue" did not make the cut!

DARKNHT
11-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Not a fan of the 3 name selections either.... Can't wait for some High Res Pics of this color tho, for a true evaluation!

Nine Ball
11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
I like it.

v10enomous
11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Looks better there. Nice !

ViperSmith
11-06-2013, 09:03 AM
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1383765_680321848667101_1672989716_n.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYVSiEfCAAAhpNA.jpg

VRYALT3R3D
11-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Hopefully this colour will be available on the SRT trim.

Troublemaker
11-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Hopefully this colour will be available on the SRT trim.

I dont know why all options aren't available on the SRT trim? Having two models of the car isn't working.

ieem01172
11-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Nice color :o
Do you guys think this is a substitute for stryker red (ultra premium color) ?
And if so, how much do you think it'll cost ??

SmoknTires
11-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Not a substitute for Stryker colors. I also don't believe there is a premium for this color, it's just new.

Silver will also be making its debut.... SRT cleared photos to be released, got these from Bill P.

The blue car at the show looked pretty good. The bright color SRT is introducing should help provide a better gamut for folks to choose from. The best way to describe the actual hue of the blue is that it's darn near the same blue used in the mopar logo. Under lights and in photos is tough to see, but it's the best way I can describe it. It pulled a lot of attention at the show.

DARKNHT
11-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Ralph tweeted a picture in a garage of the Billet Silver color, with the SRT Hood and I drooled. I must admit that normally I despise Silver on a car, as it just looks "unfinished" to me as if it has yet to be painted and doesn't show off body lines well in my eyes... However this Billet Silver did indeed of course if could have been the lighting...

SmoknTires
11-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I like it myself. Polished/chrome wheels might be drowned out, but switch it all up with black wheels/stripes... yum

viperdan
11-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Not a substitute for Stryker colors. I also don't believe there is a premium for this color, it's just new.

Silver will also be making its debut.... SRT cleared photos to be released, got these from Bill P.

The blue car at the show looked pretty good. The bright color SRT is introducing should help provide a better gamut for folks to choose from. The best way to describe the actual hue of the blue is that it's darn near the same blue used in the mopar logo. Under lights and in photos is tough to see, but it's the best way I can describe it. It pulled a lot of attention at the show.

It seems to have a little mauve in it, maybe it's the lighting also!

Fatboy 18
11-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure about putting the Blue car on a Blue carpet/or stand is exactly ideal! Who thinks up these ideas?

Almost every pic I see of that Blue car the colour looks different!

slitherv10
11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Personally, I don't like pastel colors like a Baby blue, which this looks like in pictures anyway. They make the car look, tame. Sweet, lovable, cuddly...YUCK !! Hates those words! Anyway, to me a Viper stands for fear me, back off, stay away, and I'll rock your world. Baby blue?? definitely does not impose any of those meanings. Just my opinion of course. I would leave those colors with the Mustangs, Chevy's and Lambo's. I guess they have to lure the feminine market as well.

VENOM V
11-06-2013, 12:00 PM
That's the color for my Gen V ACR, I'm loving it.

It's a solid color, not metallic, correct? If so, easy to repair. Perfect for a track car.

VENOM V
11-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Personally, I don't like pastel colors like a Baby blue, which this looks like in pictures anyway. They make the car look, tame. Sweet, lovable, cuddly...YUCK !! Hates those words! Anyway, to me a Viper stands for fear me, back off, stay away, and I'll rock your world. Baby blue?? definitely does not impose any of those meanings. Just my opinion of course. I would leave those colors with the Mustangs, Chevy's and Lambo's. I guess they have to lure the feminine market as well.

I hear you, I'm hoping it's not too baby bluish, like the Ferrari in my avatar that I just completed a pass on at Thunderhill. I'll have to see the color in person, but so far I like the pics.

Troublemaker
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
The blue floor didn't help at all, a white floor may have been too much of a contrast. Thats a perfect blue. Lets see the new Silver with blue stripes. What's up with the shoes, some uncomfortable heels would have been better.

v10enomous
11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
That's the same exact billet silver on all of the Chrysler products like the Jeeps and Chally's and same as the ALMS cars. I've been looking at it on those cars but I need to see it on the Viper in person.

VYPR BYT
11-06-2013, 06:32 PM
I think the blue is difficult to photograph. It will likely look different every time you see pics.
Probably mandatory to see in person imho.

Lawrenzo
11-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Lets see the new Silver with blue stripes.

Not going to be available. Seems the idea of heritage is lost on the people in charge of color choices right now. They will allow you to get red though, which I personally think looks horrible.

Troublemaker
11-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Not going to be available. Seems the idea of heritage is lost on the people in charge of color choices right now. They will allow you to get red though, which I personally think looks horrible.

I agree, heritage at its root means to look back. You can't have that mindset when you are after the "much higher income, much higher education levels." I guess the Silver/blue buyers back in the 90s was broke and stupid. I really wanted one, so I guess I can include myself in the latter.

Bill Pemberton
11-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Who knows, there are those of us that sent in this idea and I would bet we get SRT folks back viewing this Forum. Keep the positive thoughts coming and put the suggestions out there for SRT to view ----------- can't hurt and very likely they will jump at viewing a positive, progressive Forum, imho.

KRATEDISEASE
11-08-2013, 03:49 PM
They should have called it "stupid fast blue"

Jack B
11-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Stupid posts on one forum, the poster gets a pass, but, stupid posts on two forums = stupid poster. I hope they ban you fairly quick.

They should have called it "stupid fast blue"

SWEEN
11-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Love the color but I agree the top three names in the contest are awful.

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Blue-Balls-To-The Wall did NOT make the cut

REALLY !

and in-re BLUE stripes on Silver...... for what stripes cost now, I have to beleive that if enuf feedback posts, or even a 'contingiecy order' was placed with an SRtT dealer, I suspect Blu stripes might be dooable. SRT generally aims to close sales.. Certainly dooable at a Prefix directly, with / after a CAAP pick-up.

Steve M
11-12-2013, 03:50 PM
I think the blue is difficult to photograph. It will likely look different every time you see pics.
Probably mandatory to see in person imho.

It appears to be that way...I've seen some pictures where the color looks horrible, but others where it looks good. Reminds me of Venom Red in that aspect...

Dave97GTS
11-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Not a huge fan of the blue thats posted although it does have some nice gloss to it. Maybe its just the lighting and as others have mentioned, the blue floor doesn't help. Keeping the floor a black and white checker or gray color would have complimented the blue better. Now the silver looks awesome. It makes the car look fast just standing still.

BlknBlu
11-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Competition Blue won the contest.

Bruce

swolff
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
I'll buy it if the girls come with it! Either way I do like the color, but its definitely not for everyone.