PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

CarolinaViper
05-31-2014, 09:36 PM
Donna and I want to say thanks to the members of the VOA's Carolina Region. The TOD was our first event with the club and definitely will not be our last. Not knowing the history of the VCA club, I'm glad we joined this one instead of the other. The members that we met both from the Carolina region and other regions made us feel as we have been members for a long time.

We can't wait until the next event and if we could help who ever coordinates the Biltmore event just call, as its just 30 minutes away. We have several nice roads similar to the TOD (not as many curves), that are near to Asheville...Diamondback http://www.diamondbacknc.com/route.html Then there's the Parkway going North or South of Asheville - Great for looking at the foliage during the Fall. Then there's always Lake Lure (location of where they filmed the movie Dirty Dancing) we haven't been there much to try out the restaurants but it would be a good reason for Donna and I check them out.

Again, we had a blast and we joined the RIGHT club. If anyone needs anything from this end of the state or are passing through and need assistance with anything just call us. I can be reached at (828) 442-3393.

Jeff & Donna

C.J
06-01-2014, 05:11 AM
It was great to finally meet you both and I'm happy to hear y'all had fun! Joel and the AL/TN folks (and honorary members) were wonderful and gracious hosts, and they did a fantastic job organizing and running this event. Thanks too for your offer of help with Biltmore...we will definitely be asking for a little help. The Diamondback sounds interesting...

Mreeves
06-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Hey Jeff. I need the hook up on those rims please. Loved them. it was great to meet you and Donna. Talk to you soon, Thanks!!

CarolinaViper
06-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Here's the link to their website http://www.lawheel.com/

I went with the wheel exchange program. This allows you to leave a core deposit with the initial order and drive on your vehicle until they send you a set (same type). It took about three weeks after we ordered to receive the wheels. Dealt with a salesman, who's name was "Nick". He gave some good tips such as having the new wheels spin balanced before installing the tires to see if there was any run out. Also, suggested to do the same with the wheels they sent.

You can have the inside barrels chromed for and extra $100.00 per wheel (I didn't do it). I asked about the "Winter Chrome" he said since I would not be driving in snow and ice condition not worth the extra expense.

Highly recommend if you do the "Exchange Program" to pay the extra $98.00 for return shipping. Really easy, use the same boxes the new wheels come in. Slap the RTN label on each box and drop of at a FEDEX pickup point. Just take pics of how you take out the packing material so you can pack it the same way.

Highly pleased with the company. Only one that had an exchange program for Vipers and has a 5-year warranty.

CarolinaViper
06-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I forgot cost was $890.00 for 4 wheels and $98.00 for return shipping of my wheels. Only thing I didn't like was they took their time with (2 or 3 phone calls) to reverse the charges on the credit card for the core deposit. Shipping takes 5-7 days and the chroming process 2-3 weeks. They do not have the wheels already chromed they do it as the customer orders. I did have a little damage either done by curb or by the person who changed the tires last. I took pics and they reviewed the damage prior to the order. As the damage was minimal there was no extra charge for any repairs. If you have any other questions just ask.

PatrickB
06-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Jeff, did you follow "BEENBIT" through the Dragon? If I'm not mistaken, you were right behind us on Friday morning for the Dragon run..

CarolinaViper
06-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Depends if I was tailgating or not...Yes that was Donna and I.

PatrickB
06-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Haha, no you were doing great! That was my first time running the Dragon and the one thing I didn't want was someone eating my rear bumper up, so thank you!

I don't think I got the chance to meet you this weekend. You're in my "zone" for the Carolinas region - hopefully you've seen some of my communication about organizing some events for the "local" club members. Hoping to put a few smaller events (lunches, afternoon cruises, cruise in's) together for the summer so be on the lookout for that if you guys are interested.

Mreeves
06-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Here's the link to their website http://www.lawheel.com/

I went with the wheel exchange program. This allows you to leave a core deposit with the initial order and drive on your vehicle until they send you a set (same type). It took about three weeks after we ordered to receive the wheels. Dealt with a salesman, who's name was "Nick". He gave some good tips such as having the new wheels spin balanced before installing the tires to see if there was any run out. Also, suggested to do the same with the wheels they sent.

You can have the inside barrels chromed for and extra $100.00 per wheel (I didn't do it). I asked about the "Winter Chrome" he said since I would not be driving in snow and ice condition not worth the extra expense.

Highly recommend if you do the "Exchange Program" to pay the extra $98.00 for return shipping. Really easy, use the same boxes the new wheels come in. Slap the RTN label on each box and drop of at a FEDEX pickup point. Just take pics of how you take out the packing material so you can pack it the same way.

Highly pleased with the company. Only one that had an exchange program for Vipers and has a 5-year warranty.

I forgot cost was $890.00 for 4 wheels and $98.00 for return shipping of my wheels. Only thing I didn't like was they took their time with (2 or 3 phone calls) to reverse the charges on the credit card for the core deposit. Shipping takes 5-7 days and the chroming process 2-3 weeks. They do not have the wheels already chromed they do it as the customer orders. I did have a little damage either done by curb or by the person who changed the tires last. I took pics and they reviewed the damage prior to the order. As the damage was minimal there was no extra charge for any repairs. If you have any other questions just ask.

Thanks for the info Jeff. See ya next time.

Brian GTS
06-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Donna and I want to say thanks to the members of the VOA's Carolina Region. The TOD was our first event with the club and definitely will not be our last. Not knowing the history of the VCA club, I'm glad we joined this one instead of the other. The members that we met both from the Carolina region and other regions made us feel as we have been members for a long time.

We can't wait until the next event and if we could help who ever coordinates the Biltmore event just call, as its just 30 minutes away. We have several nice roads similar to the TOD (not as many curves), that are near to Asheville...Diamondback http://www.diamondbacknc.com/route.html Then there's the Parkway going North or South of Asheville - Great for looking at the foliage during the Fall. Then there's always Lake Lure (location of where they filmed the movie Dirty Dancing) we haven't been there much to try out the restaurants but it would be a good reason for Donna and I check them out.

Again, we had a blast and we joined the RIGHT club. If anyone needs anything from this end of the state or are passing through and need assistance with anything just call us. I can be reached at (828) 442-3393.

Jeff & Donna

Jeff,

It was really great to meet you and Donna as well...so glad you joined!!! It's true that the people actually get you "hooked" in this club. We sure have a great group....could go on and on and on and on....

I'll have your TOD t-shirts in the mail within the next couple days. And yes, we will likely take you up on your offer to be our Biltmore advocate. We will be in touch very soon. :)