PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star LeMans Race at CoTA in September

Herrsss
05-28-2014, 01:20 PM
We're working on a dynamite event to go see our very own Ben Keating race in the TUDOR Lone Star LeMans race at CoTA the weekend of September 19-21.

Ben said he is available most of the day on Friday to hang out with us and possibly for dinner so we are planning a dinner that evening.

SRT is working on a VIP package for SRT owners as follows:

• Single- and multi-day options
o For this race they’ll likely offer both 1-day (Saturday) and 2-day (Friday & Saturday) packages
• General admission ticket
• SRT owner corral parking
• VIP hospitality
o View of the race track
o Air-conditioned lounge
o Catered meals
o Snacks
o Beverages
• Meet-and-greet and Q&A with SRT Motorsports drivers (subject to availability)
• Exclusive SRT Motorsports gift

To make this happen we need to give them an idea of how many from Houston will be attending so check your calendars and let us know if you can participate. Please send an email to info@houstonviperclub.com and we'll add you to the list.

How cool is this???

Your humble Houston Viper CLub Officers,

Richard Sewell, President
Anthony Leidelmeyer, Vice President
Andrew Wheeler, Treasurer
Beth Perry Sewell, Secretary

chesapeake07
05-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Sounds like a great time. WE had a blast at the rendezvous last year.

Shooter
05-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Sounds fun. How much are the tickets ?

Herrsss
05-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Sounds fun. How much are the tickets ?

Not sure yet. I'm looking at lodging right now and it's rather pricey I guess because it's a race weekend.

FLATOUT
05-28-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm in :D

RPM9000
05-28-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm in if I can get a place to stay. I went last year and it was great. The hotel that I stayed at last year for a reasonable price is already sold out.

FLATOUT
05-28-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm going to try and crash at a coworkers place.

ViperGTS
05-28-2014, 02:22 PM
...a "fake" Le Mans race. Great. :o

J/K.

Le Mans is Le Mans.

And, the real "Le Mans" is not located in Texas. :t0140:

FLATOUT
05-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

J/K.

Le Mans is Le Mans.

And, the real "Le Mans" is not located in Texas. :t0140:

Herrsss
05-28-2014, 03:41 PM
We're working with SRT to try and get a block of rooms so cross your fingers!

MtnBiker
05-28-2014, 04:19 PM
I booked a room at the Hyatt Lost Pines as soon as the 2014 Tudor schedule was posted. Locked in the rate.

Herrsss
06-05-2014, 11:46 AM
We've been working with SRT to get a block of rooms for ya'll and we've been able to secure 15 rooms at $199/night so we can watch Ben race and hang out with the SRT folks. There will be more info to come regarding the SRT car corral but we wanted to get the link out to ya'll to make your reservations.

If the link doesn't work copy and paste the link below into your browser and it'll take you directly to the page to make your reservations.

SPECIAL EVENTS INC

START DATE: 9/19/14

END DATE: 9/21/14

LAST DAY TO BOOK BY: 8/27/14

Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:

• AUSTIN MARRIOTT SOUTH for 199.00 USD per night

Link:
------
http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=SPECIAL%20EVENTS%20INC%5E AUSAP%60SPESPEA%60199.00%60USD%60false%609/19/14%609/21/14%608/27/14&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

FLATOUT
06-05-2014, 04:00 PM
I will be staying at a friends house in Austin. Thanks for setting this up Beth!

Slithr
06-06-2014, 02:23 PM
I booked a room at the Hyatt Lost Pines as soon as the 2014 Tudor schedule was posted. Locked in the rate.

John, we're staying there too. Looking forward to meeting you.

Goatman
06-08-2014, 06:39 AM
I might be able to swing this, Sounds like a great time.

RPM9000
06-08-2014, 08:42 AM
I've got my reservations at the Marriott.

MtnBiker
06-09-2014, 11:49 AM
John, we're staying there too. Looking forward to meeting you.

Cool Slithr, likewise. It will be hard to miss our cars. Last year there was a stable of Ferraris parked there.

Goatman
06-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Looks like I have to back out. I have other things in the works that would cause me to have to drive a focus to the race. That is not going to happen :stickmen_burningsti

TexasTonka
07-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Not sure yet. I'm looking at lodging right now and it's rather pricey I guess because it's a race weekend.

We can get great rates at several hotels in our region. I'll send you an email. Not sure if this is Houston only or not, first I have seen it. Always willing to help no matter what!

Herrsss
07-10-2014, 01:53 PM
We can get great rates at several hotels in our region. I'll send you an email. Not sure if this is Houston only or not, first I have seen it. Always willing to help no matter what!

Kirt,
Far as we're concerned this is a Viper Owners' event so the more the merrier!

Herrsss
07-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Ok folks, the SRT package information has been released just now!

SRT® vehicle owner,
It’s often said that, “Everything is bigger in Texas.” That sentiment will certainly ring true when SRT Motorsports heads to Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, for the Lone Star Le Mans, September 19–20. Along with the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, the world-class venue will also play host to the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC).
Enjoy a VIP weekend of catered meals, climate-controlled from a trackside viewing location, unforgettable sights and sounds and, of course, wheel-to-wheel race action as the Viper GTS-Rs hit the track.
• Premium trackside viewing location
• Catered meals
• Beverages and snacks
• SRT-owner exclusive corral parking conveniently located near the track entrance
• Special VIP gift bag
• Paddock Access
• Pit Lane Walk
• Track Walk
• Event Lanyard
• Meet and Greet with the Viper GTS-R Team
• Group Photo with Fellow SRT Owners

Guest package – September 19–20 - $209
• Reserved Grandstand Ticket (2 Day tickets – Saturday and Sunday)
• Passes to the SRT Motorsports hospitality
• Premium trackside viewing location
• Catered meals
• Beverages and snacks
• Special VIP gift bag
• Paddock Access
• Pit Lane Walk
• Track Walk
• Event Lanyard
• Meet and Greet with the Viper GTS-R Team

http://www.drivesrt.com/events/controller.html?options=101

Slithr
07-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Beth, do you happen to know if there is a package that doesn't include race tickets? We have already bought turn #15 tickets, last year watching just the back straight got a little boring after a day and a half.

cubican
07-10-2014, 07:06 PM
last year they had the srt hospitality only for 50.00 not sure about this year. is going to be great, get to see the race one weekend and on the next weekend get to drive my Viper on the track.

TexasTonka
07-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Anyone else having an issue purchasing tickets? When I click the link it keeps looping me to the same webpage

Dusty1
07-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Seems to be working now, got tickets for Sat/Sun via SRT, now we need to work on the Friday stuff. Shaping up to be a memorable weekend!

Richard

Herrsss
07-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Beth, do you happen to know if there is a package that doesn't include race tickets? We have already bought turn #15 tickets, last year watching just the back straight got a little boring after a day and a half.

I'm not sure but will ask JRT and let you know

Herrsss
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Howdy folks,

The plans for the rest of the weekend have been finalized!

Friday:
- Caravan departs from Houston at 8 a.m. SHARP from the HEB parking lot at Bunker Hill and I-10
- Hang out in the SRT hospitality area, watch the Lone Star LeMans race and cheer on the SRT Viper Racing Team and Ben Keating (after you purchase your tickets)
- After the races are over we'll head out to Kreuz Market in Lockhart for a Texas BBQ dinner that's sponsored by Viper Exchange

Saturday:
- Hang out in the SRT hospitality area, watching the Lone Star Le Mans race and cheering on the SRT Viper Racing Team and Ben Keating
- After the races are over we'll head back to the Marriott for a dinner buffet with a cash bar
- Viper Exchange will be auctioning off a 100% parts and labor install of the first GEN V suspension modification that will lower your car 9/16 of an inch and improve ride quality. They'll also be auctioning off other goodies from their race coffers that are unique and not available for sale anywhere!

Sunday:
- Depart the hotel at 9:30 and head WEST on some of Texas' more scenic Hill Country roads and enjoy a nice brunch (cash only) to wrap up the weekend.

Registration fee is $75 per person payable in advance. Please drop a note to info@houstonviperclub.com for a registration form that contains all the information you need

See ya'll there!

Herrsss
09-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone!

We've extended the registration deadline to Friday September 12th for you slow pokes who haven't gotten around to sending it in so please take a couple minutes to print off the form, fill it out and send it in - Houston Viper Club makes it easy to pay - we accept PayPal now!

See ya'll soon for a great weekend watching some awesome racing at CoTA!

Fatboy 18
09-07-2014, 12:15 PM

J/K.

Le Mans is Le Mans.

And, the real "Le Mans" is not located in Texas. :t0140:All they have to do is stick a load of Audi Silver corporate boxes in the pit village and it will look just like Le mans :D

Herrsss
09-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Top 'o the mornin' to everyone!

The clock is ticking and the weekend planned at CoTA to watch the Vipers race is now only 10 days out! I don't know about you but we're super excited to go hang out with racers in the SRT tent, eat some great BBQ and Mexican food and then top it off with a nice Sunday morning cruise to brunch before heading home all with your kindred spirits - Viper Owners!

As an added bonus, you Gen V folks pay special attention to this: Viper Exchange is auctioning off a suspension mod at the Friday night dinner.
This is the first of many mods to come so join us at the auction and start modding your new car!

XSnake
09-09-2014, 09:23 AM
All they have to do is stick a load of Audi Silver corporate boxes in the pit village and it will look just like Le mans :D

Audi should be there as it's WEC weekend as well

Slithr
09-10-2014, 12:09 PM
How many (if any) are planning to do the SRT $50 parade lap?

Herrsss
09-10-2014, 12:32 PM
How many (if any) are planning to do the SRT $50 parade lap?

We will be driving CoTA at speed the following weekend with Edge Addicts so we won't be doing a parade lap :witless:

Slithr
09-10-2014, 12:39 PM
We will be driving CoTA at speed the following weekend with Edge Addicts so we won't be doing a parade lap :witless:

You guys are living the Life! When I grow-up, I hope to be racecar drivers like you :D

XSnake
09-10-2014, 01:04 PM

I thought the following weekend was VOI, did that get cancelled and another group step up?

MtnBiker
09-10-2014, 03:42 PM
I can't see Beth and Richard going to VOI!!

Dusty1
09-10-2014, 04:42 PM
We are NOT going to VOI but VCA started out to rent COTA for the weekend and couldn't fill it up. Since it was set aside time wise Karen the lady with Edge Addicts charged with operating the facility still needed to fill up the time so took over for Saturday and Sunday and opened the track up to the public. Sunday was just opened up yesterday. There are open slots and VCA isn't getting anything from these days as I understand it otherwise we wouldn't be going. If your interested check with www.edgeaddicts.com

Richard

FLATOUT
09-10-2014, 04:45 PM
VCA VOI = Not interested haha

Didn't Beth tell me you guys accidentally signed up not realizing it was the VOI day lol. I'll see you guys there in December when we hit the track and next weekend for the race. Looking forward to ribbing you two about it :D

We are NOT going to VOI but VCA started out to rent COTA for the weekend and couldn't fill it up. Since it was set aside time wise Karen the lady with Edge Addicts charged with operating the facility still needed to fill up the time so took over for Saturday and Sunday and opened the track up to the public. Sunday was just opened up yesterday. There are open slots and VCA isn't getting anything from these days as I understand it otherwise we wouldn't be going. If your interested check with www.edgeaddicts.com

Richard

XSnake
09-10-2014, 04:46 PM

Richard

wow, lmao

MoparBoyy
09-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Richard

VCA is renting the track Friday, not Saturday or Sunday.

XSnake
09-10-2014, 04:59 PM
VCA is renting the track Friday, not Saturday or Sunday.

But they said they were selling out and expanding the days???

Dusty1
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Not exactly!

Herrsss
09-11-2014, 12:49 PM
But they said they were selling out and expanding the days???

Not at all. You go to edgeaddicts.com to sign up and pay them directly. VCA has nothing to do with that plus Karen is furious at the implication!

Herrsss
09-11-2014, 03:33 PM
You guys are living the Life! When I grow-up, I hope to be racecar drivers like you :D

All in due time young man! We're empty nesters gone wild . . . last kid graduated from college, got a job and moved out . . . we have so much time on our hands now we're trouble looking for a place to happen!

I just noticed on South Central's FB page that Kurt Robinson was planning to participate in the parade lap saying he can't leave his poor car in the parking lot just looking at that race track and that it needs to be seen by the crowds!

Herrsss
09-11-2014, 03:34 PM
For you procrastinators out there we've extended the sign up deadline by a couple days so get those registration forms and payments into us by Monday the 15th and be prepared to have a great weekend with your Viper brethren and more importantly cheering on the racing Vipers!

Herrsss
09-18-2014, 08:16 AM
I thought the following weekend was VOI, did that get cancelled and another group step up?

Saturday and Sunday got cancelled - folks weren't willing to pay that much more on top of VOI registration fees so Edge Addicts stepped in and opened up a weekend event. I asked Karen if she had many Vipers signed up and she said no due to the cost.

- - - Updated - - -

To recap our plans and add a little more information:

If you're caravaning with us Friday morning:

- Meet in the HEB parking lot on the NW corner of I-10 and Bunker Hill by 7:45 so we can depart at 8 a.m. SHARP
- Be sure you've gassed up and tanked out!
- The Montgomery County contingent will meet us in LaGrange so we'll have a short pit stop (location TBD)
- Arrive at CoTA around 10:30 - everyone should have their tickets and parking information (we got ours yesterday)
9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd
Austin, TX 78617
(512)391-6600

- Friday dinner
- Depart from CoTA after the races are over and go directly to Kreuz Market for dinner (arrival ETA is 6 p.m.)
619 N. Colorado St.
Lockhart, TX 78644
(512)398-2361
- Viper Exchange is graciously partially underwriting this dinner and we've got the rest covered!

- Lodging
- Marriott Austin South
4415 South IH-35
Austin, TX 78744
(512)441-7900

Saturday
- You're on your own for breakfast and getting to the track for a day of exciting races
- Dinner:
Marriott
Limestone II room
6:30 p.m. cocktails (cash bar)
7:30 p.m. dinner buffet (gotcha covered)
- Endurance races continue until 11 p.m. for those of you who can't get enough racing!

Sunday's cruise to a self pay brunch
River City Grill
700 1st Street
Marble Falls, TX 78654
Reservations under Viper Owners (VOA)
- meet in the parking lot at 9 a.m.
- depart at 9:30 SHARP
- Brisk Viper drive to Marble Falls :-)

Time to go home - BOO!

Herrsss
09-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Wow what a weekend! The race was a Viper sweep with wins! #93 came in first, #91 came in second and #33 took first in its class. Rain held off for the race but we hear the endurance race Saturday evening was rather wet and slippery!

Huge kudos to SRT for their hospitality - everyone had a wonderful time and their rig was truly over the top for track side fun at the start/finish line directly across from both SRT's pit and Viper Exchange's pit. Was great fun watching the drives climb the fence when it was apparent Vipers were going to win!

Thank you Kurt Robinson and Yvette Garcia from the South Central Region for all their help in setting up the Friday BBQ (was quite delicious) and the lively Sunday cruise to a great restaurant on the river in Marble Falls. Thank you Slim who drove all the way from Midland to join us for generously picking up the lunch tab!

Big thanks to Viper Exchange for underwriting part of the Friday BBQ - they're wonderful to have in H-town! Speaking of Viper Exchange, Ben Keating was kind enough to join us for Saturday's dinner after his huge win and auctioned off an installed Gen V suspension mod. The auction started and Edgar Alvarez slammed it closed with a winning bid of $1500! So much for anyone else bidding!

Now here is the coup de grase: Ralph and Doris Gilles joined us for dinner Saturday night as we enjoyed some tasty fajitas at the Marriott. Ralph also came out Sunday morning and signed everyone's engines plus John Walker's corded left front tire! How cool is that?? I'm mad at Richard for talking me into leaving MY CAR at home for the weekend!

I'll have pictures later once I download and clean them up. Tonight's chore is to put new Hoosiers on my X so I'll be ready to roll at CoTA this weekend with Edge Addicts! I'm so ready to go again!