PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

Herrsss
05-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Dear Viper Owners,

It is with a very heavy heart that we are writing this note to ask that each of you keep club member Mike Quinnett's nephew Michael Feguson and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Michael was involved in a high speed rollover accident early this morning in his uncle's convertible SRT-10; is in critical condition and in surgery as we write this post.

Thank you for your observance of this request as you can imagine the family is devastated right now.

Please be aware those of you with convertibles that are "as delivered" have no rollover protection but that can be added via steel roll hoop replacements or a full roll bar.

Sincerely,

Houston Viper Club

FLATOUT
05-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for our Viper friends.

C.J
05-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Sad news. I'll add Michael Ferguson and his family to my prayer list.

bluesrt
05-23-2014, 01:20 PM
I hate hearing stuff like this---- so sorry

Late Apex
05-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the email on this too and so sorry to hear this bad news. Hoping only the very best for his speedy recovery. Mark

V1P3R
05-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear. Absolutely added!

BlknBlu
05-23-2014, 03:31 PM
keeping them in our thoughts.

COAVA in the Midwest hopes for a speedy recovery.

Bruce

daveg
05-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Sending prayers your way!!!!

Torquemonster06
05-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Oregon is sending prayers.

Viper Girl
05-23-2014, 10:54 PM
So sorry to hear about Michaels accident. Thoughts and Prayers added for him. Please keep us updated Hersss...

Vprbite
05-25-2014, 01:54 PM
I know these feelings all too well. Our hearts and prayers are with Michael and his family at this time. Please keep us updated that we may continue to lend support in any way we can. Viper club, I know first person so listen when I say that your support can't be understated. Phone calls, cards, emails, they are huge in helping someone through this. Does anyone have any contact info so that I can perhaps send something? Thanks.
--Jeffrey Binder

Leslie
05-25-2014, 04:12 PM
So sad, prayers sent.

Vipes
05-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear, I hope he gets better!

Herrsss
05-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Just got the following update from Mike:

Dear Viper Club,
I am writing to inform everyone that the prayers have helped. Chip is still with us !!!! The hospital has him in and out of the drug induced coma only to slowly bring him back to life, as he has suffered major head trauma, broken left arm, right eye injury, broken nose, broken right hand and not sure exactly what else at the present time. Thank you all for your prayers and will give an update ASAP.

Again Thanks,

Regards,
Mike Quinnett

Viper Girl
05-27-2014, 03:03 PM
that's awesome news! Thanks for the update

Ohiotj
05-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Wow. That is a long list of injuries. Best of luck and heres to a speedy recovery.

Bluecoupe
05-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Prayers sent for a full recovery.

WhiteSnake
05-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Prayers are sent for a speedy recovery from your Arizona friends.

chesapeake07
05-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Prayer sent for a speedy recovery from your friends in Oklahoma!

Venomous1 Racing
05-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Prayers from Waco and the entire world of Viper Truck owners.

C.J
05-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Encouraging update! Will continue to pray...

Bill Pemberton
05-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the blessed news , and we will continue to send prayers Chris's way!!

MI Viper
05-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Prayers are sent.

Herrsss
05-30-2014, 08:29 AM
I just got the following from Sonya Quinnett:

First of all, I just wanted to express our gratitude for sharing our personal situation, which has had us emotionally distressed, as we await the progress of our nephew Chip. The amount of prayers and support that have been sent to us, have been a blessing in so many different ways already.

Just to give you an update on Chip, he is still in ICU in critical condition, but has had some improvement daily with his response testing from the Memorial Hermann’s Trauma Team. He’s most certainly not in the clear as of yet, but the stability he so strongly fights to maintain, is truly inspirational and uplifting. At this time, Chip has had no additional swelling to his brain, but still remains in an induced coma, as we are still learning more at this time of his other injuries to his body. We are hopeful that he will continue to fight strong for his recovery and quality of life, as he is not fighting this fight alone.

Again, I cannot express the blessings that you all have bestowed upon us and how very grateful we are.

I will send more updates as I have them.

Graciously Blessed by All,

Sonya & Mike Quinnett and Family

Mike Q
05-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Dear members and friends,

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your support. Michael is still in ICU and has been slowly brought In/out of the induced coma as they need the brain to heal before moving forward. He has sustained several injuries, but until the brain is functioning properly and the movement of the body is controlled by him, correcting the other broken bones/injuries are on hold. Just wanted to clarify a few things. Yes, the car was taken by my nephew Michael/Driver without permission, my brother Daryl/Owner and the uncle of Michael was out of state when this horrific news was relayed to him as you could only imagine the devastation he endured during his 7 hour travel to the hospital. Please keep Michael Ferguson and his family in your prayers and I will give an update as he progresses. Thanks to All.

Thank you Houston members as you guys are like family to us, Richard & Beth, Troy & Cindy, Andy, Paul, Edgar and so many more. Thank you

Thanks Andy for your concern and all is understood..

FLATOUT
05-30-2014, 02:33 PM
We care about you guys, all of you.

Slithr
05-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Prayers and well wishes for a full recovery .... sending daily.

Venomous1 Racing
06-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Prayers still headed yalls way.

Mike Q
06-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Members/Friends

My apologies for the delay in updating the forum. Chip is presently still in the hospital but making great progress. He's been up and walking a few times, with the helmet and w/ nurses help. He has not lost his memory, Thank GOD !! Also, has full function of all limbs and eating on his own, and talking as much as possible. He unfortunately does have right eye damage, not sure yet but a good possibility he will loose all vision in that eye. Also, no right bone flap for the next couple months. Its going to be a rough and long recovery but that's ok, he has a lot of family to help see him through it. Thank all of you so much for your support and prayers. GOD BLESS

Viper Girl
06-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Glad to read he is making so much progress! Continued prayers to Chip

whitebeard
06-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Continued prayers for his successful recovery. All the best to you all during this time.

FLATOUT
06-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the Update Mike! Glad to hear things are moving forward with his recovery. Keep us in the loop!

Viper Bill
06-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Great to hear such progress Mike! Prayers and best wishes to Chip and the rest of yall's family...

RPM9000
06-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the update Mike. I will continue to send prayers your way.

bluesrt
06-20-2014, 02:29 PM
that's awesome......great to hear that

Dusty1
06-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Great news Mike, it sounds like he has come a long way but has miles to go yet. We will continue to keep him and your family in our prayers.

Richard

Leslie
06-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Omg, prayer DOES work! I am so happy for him!

Mike Q
08-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Hello friends

My apologies for the delay in my reply and not keeping all you guys up to date with the progress of my nephew Chip. I'll try to make it short. He went in last week and had the bone flap put back in (right side skull) as it was very much needed due to the pressure of the scalp lying on the brain had caused him to loose use of his left hand and the left leg was starting to act up as well. Now, not even a full week later he can move his fingers a little and seems to walk without a limp. he still suffers from some loss of hearing, also vision of the right eye has yet to come back. With all that said, it's still truly a miracle that he has made it through all of it, although, It's not anywhere close to being over though for Chip but does seem to be moving forward in the right direction, majority of the time. Thankfully... Thank all of you for your continued support and prayers and will give an update as soon as possible. Thanks again !!!!!

FLATOUT
08-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much for the update Mike! Pulling for Chip and I would really like to plan some sort of event with him involved when he is feeling up to it.

Andy

Hello friends

My apologies for the delay in my reply and not keeping all you guys up to date with the progress of my nephew Chip. I'll try to make it short. He went in last week and had the bone flap put back in (right side skull) as it was very much needed due to the pressure of the scalp lying on the brain had caused him to loose use of his left hand and the left leg was starting to act up as well. Now, not even a full week later he can move his fingers a little and seems to walk without a limp. he still suffers from some loss of hearing, also vision of the right eye has yet to come back. With all that said, it's still truly a miracle that he has made it through all of it, although, It's not anywhere close to being over though for Chip but does seem to be moving forward in the right direction, majority of the time. Thankfully... Thank all of you for your continued support and prayers and will give an update as soon as possible. Thanks again !!!!!

Herrsss
08-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks Mike, I'm thrilled to hear he is making progress albeit slow but as they say slow and steady wins the race . . . not sure if that's true most of the time but I think it is certainly applicable in Chip's case.

I agree with Andy - we'd love to include him in an event when he's up to it.

Beth

daveg
08-25-2014, 04:01 PM
That's great news!!!!

FrgMstr
08-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Glad Chip is doing better. Just had a buddy go through hell with a severe head injury in his family. Not an easy thing.

All this did get me prompted to buy an Autoform roll bar for my vert.

BlknBlu
08-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Great news for sure.

Bruce

Dusty1
08-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Mike:

Good news indeed, let us know if we can do anything.

Richard

slowhatch
09-10-2014, 01:53 PM
So glad to see chip has pulled through, keep us updated.