PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here deal with emblems/badges?

JPL
05-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi all, anyone here deal with emblems/badges? Thinking of changing my 2 side Viper RT/10 and rear emblems to chrome......any contacts?
Thanks!

bluesrt
05-20-2014, 12:09 PM
viperstore.com

Fatboy 18
05-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Try Partsrack,

I changed out my side emblems to chrome and got them from VPA, but prices have gone up on that site.

Drummerviper
05-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Jon B. PartsRack

St.Char
05-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Just added mine, notice the avatar....the viperstore:dude3:

Couple pointers: I went with the chrome vinyl, which are not identical to the factory. The factory vinyl has more of a flat/square face on the vinyl and these are more round/beveled on the face. However, they are close, they also seem a little wider and not as thick so they don't stick out as far. I used tape under the existing badges before removing the old ones and used a sharpie to mark where the existing letters were. but because the new ones seem a touch wider I had to make some adjustment with the marks I made on the tape. I almost went with the Polished Stainless Steel, but if you have to make any adjustments to the letters after the install, these could easily bend, so be careful.

Chrome vinyl $79.00/Factory vinyl $149.00

The kit comes with a small, thin removal tool to help get the old letters off. It works well, but the instructions say use alcohol to remove the old glue. Well if that glue has been on there awhile, you'll need something stronger. I used kerosene, yes kerosene and it works great! It also works well on bugs and tar. It will not harm your paint, I've seen many guys use it all over their cars. You will need to go back over the area with alcohol because the kerosene is oily. if you need to make adjustments to the letters after you install them, do it asap and within 48 hours. Hope this helps. Good luck!

JPL
05-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Thanks guys!