PDA

View Full Version : Review of my new Michelin Super Sports.

Anonymous
05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Over the winter I upgraded to 18/19 chrome 5 spokes for my 2001RT,they came with older Nittos on them and I figured( being cheap)I would run them for a season,I had Toyos Ra1s on the stock 18s and loved those tires they were like glue,so took the car out for the maiden run about a month ago on those Nittos man those thing were scary compared to the Toyos so I knew I had to buy new tires again so I talked to Jon B and he already had a set a Tators(last set in the country) so just got them mounted today and I got to say wow what a difference there, just as sticky as the Toyos but a much more comfortable ride? Thanks Jon for your ESP knowing I needed them before I knew I did and thanks to Chuck,Rob,Rob jr for there as normal great service.

Anonymous
05-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Anybody ever had to run the Super Sports in the rain?

Leslie
05-17-2014, 02:55 AM
I drove home from the track in the rain, they were awsome.

FrgMstr
05-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Anybody ever had to run the Super Sports in the rain?

I drove across the entire state of Tennessee in the pouring rain with mine (and we hauled ass too), which were half way through the thread life and the tires did great. I have been very happy with the SS performance in wet conditions. Hook up better than any other tire I have had on the car on wet surfaces.

ViperGTS
05-18-2014, 11:57 AM
They (SS, more grooves) are better in the rain compared to the PS2, however, the PS2 were better when hot! Track or very spirited driving on curvy roads for a longer period (h's)...I have the feeling the rubber mix is way different compared to the PS2.