PDA

View Full Version : May 11th

Michael
05-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Don't know if this is even used any more. But on the chance it is, I have a question.

Anyone know if the get-together at the Oasis in Austin is still on for May 11th?

Haven't heard anything nor received any event notice. Normally, we in the SATX area would be setting up a rendezvous point somewhere and then traveling together to the event, which is supposed to be the Oasis - I think? Also, I think there was supposed to be a drive, afterward, and then maybe meeting somewhere for people who had a birthday this quarter?

I was thinking - May 11th (Mother's Day) & (Sunday). Did someone maybe make a mistake?

Anyone ...... ?

Michael
05-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Well, I presume one of two things ...
a). This event didn't happen;
b). This VOA site is not being used for communication by South Central Texas.

TexasTonka
05-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Well, I presume one of two things ...
a). This event didn't happen;
b). This VOA site is not being used for communication by South Central Texas.

Mike- I have not been on here much, use the Facebook medium much more than I should. We did not do the Oasis event as no one is Austin volunteered to organize and I was in NM putting together some grocery stores. Sorry about that. The May event slipped through the cracks. And to answer your question about our region using this forum, well this thread kind of answered it. Most of our group is email, then Facebook, then word of mouth, then the regional forum it seems.
But keep posting to this forum please and I will try better to log in more often (crossing fingers for iPhone App soon) and we can try to build up better communication on the VOA site. Until then Facebook just seems to be faster and easier to access from several different types of media.

BlknBlu
05-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I have family in Austin and always go there and County Line and the Salt Lick to eat.

Bruce

TexasTonka
05-28-2014, 06:22 PM
I have family in Austin and always go there and County Line and the Salt Lick to eat.

Bruce

BRUCE! If you like BBQ then forget Salt Lick! You should join us on one of our many drives to Lockhart, TX. We usually go to Smitty's but Kreuz is awesome too. Not a huge fan of Black's BBQ but many think it is the best, try em all and decide. Can't go wrong with Lockhart, just outside of Austin.

Michael
05-30-2014, 11:42 AM
BRUCE! If you like BBQ then forget Salt Lick! You should join us on one of our many drives to Lockhart, TX. We usually go to Smitty's but Kreuz is awesome too. Not a huge fan of Black's BBQ but many think it is the best, try em all and decide. Can't go wrong with Lockhart, just outside of Austin.

City Market in Luling (just a stone's throw from Lockhart) also has fantastic BBQ. Their brisket is awesome. Also, they do a sausage that melts in your mouth before you actually bite it. Don't know how they do that, but they do.

Maybe we can incorporate this one in a future drive, as well.

Michael
05-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Mike- I have not been on here much, use the Facebook medium much more than I should. We did not do the Oasis event as no one is Austin volunteered to organize and I was in NM putting together some grocery stores. Sorry about that. The May event slipped through the cracks. And to answer your question about our region using this forum, well this thread kind of answered it. Most of our group is email, then Facebook, then word of mouth, then the regional forum it seems.
But keep posting to this forum please and I will try better to log in more often (crossing fingers for iPhone App soon) and we can try to build up better communication on the VOA site. Until then Facebook just seems to be faster and easier to access from several different types of media.

Thanks for the response. I figured our group was communicating somewhere else ... just didn't know where. I am not sure how to find us on Facebook - will try. In the interim, will continue to post here. Maybe that will encourage others to do so too. The day of the May event, it did rain, so that may have proved to be a "Wash-out" anyway. The place where we were to meet however, did look very interesting. Maybe this can be rescheduled for another time .....

TexasTonka
05-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the response. I figured our group was communicating somewhere else ... just didn't know where. I am not sure how to find us on Facebook - will try. In the interim, will continue to post here. Maybe that will encourage others to do so too. The day of the May event, it did rain, so that may have proved to be a "Wash-out" anyway. The place where we were to meet however, did look very interesting. Maybe this can be rescheduled for another time .....

Mike- search for South Central Texas Viper Club, Inc in facebook. You will find us

Michael
05-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Mike- search for South Central Texas Viper Club, Inc in facebook. You will find us

Thanks Kurt; will do.