PDA

View Full Version : AC/ heating help

cathxiii
05-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Anyone want to help me figure out why my AC is not working correctly? Would be nice to have a hand.

PatrickB
05-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Logan, you and I were talking about this at Craig's the other day and now I don't think mine is working lol!

I'll wait and see what tips may come across because I need to diagnose the same issue.. :)

DaveW
05-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Logan, you and I were talking about this at Craig's the other day and now I don't think mine is working lol!

I'll wait and see what tips may come across because I need to diagnose the same issue.. :)

Hey Logan/Patrick!

My a/c stopped cooling 6-7 years ago. There was no mechanical problems, only that the system wouldn't hold freon. Tom Sessions replaced all but 2 seals and it has been frigid ever since. The 2 he did not replace are located behind the front facia and are a bear to get to, since the front end has to come off. Plus, Tom said they rarely fail. I guess he was right, at least on mine.

No hardware was replaced and wasn't expensive at all.

Craig has the same problem, but at least he has the vert and gets air flow that my coupe just can't get. :anonymous:

Maybe someone local could run some dye thru your system and then locate the leak(s).

SUB SONC
05-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Logan/Patrick,

I have a vacuum pump/manifold gauge set/dye/and plenty of R134a to recharge your system and detect the leak but the earliest that I would be able to have an entire day off to help you with the a/c is Friday, May 23rd because I am going to be pretty busy these next two weekends. If you are willing to wait 2 weeks I think I can help you out pretty easily.

Seth

cathxiii
05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Seth that would be sweet. I would throw you some cash or something to make it worth your while.

PatrickB
05-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Seth, thank you for the offer..

It'd be several weeks before I could get over your way, but if you're pretty confident that we could find the leak I might just take you up on that. How much do you anticipate being home in late May/June?

SUB SONC
05-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Pat, i should be home more toward the end of the month.....except TOD. Ill give yoj a call

PatrickB
07-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Seth, just wanted to circle back to this - I ended up getting my Viper in to a local shop a few days ago and they seemed to have me fixed up. The tech found (and repaired) a leak at the low pressure valve, vacuumed and recharged the system. It's been blowing cold since Friday so hopefully I'm good to go..

SUB SONC
07-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Seth, just wanted to circle back to this - I ended up getting my Viper in to a local shop a few days ago and they seemed to have me fixed up. The tech found (and repaired) a leak at the low pressure valve, vacuumed and recharged the system. It's been blowing cold since Friday so hopefully I'm good to go..

Pat, in all the times we have gotten together since this thread... not one time did I remember your A/C issue. I am glad you got someone to help you out with it because I am now getting ready for Detroit and then driving to California for a week only 12 hours after I get back from Detroit.

PatrickB
07-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Pat, in all the times we have gotten together since this thread... not one time did I remember your A/C issue. I am glad you got someone to help you out with it because I am now getting ready for Detroit and then driving to California for a week only 12 hours after I get back from Detroit.

Haha no worries buddy - I haven't had time to even address the issue until last week. You've got quite a bit of driving coming up - hope you guys have a blast! I'll see you at the beach!

Sheldon Smith
09-11-2015, 02:01 AM
What sort of problem you are having with your air conditioner like , fan not working or doesn't cooling well or creating noises when you put on your Air conditioning (http://www.ajwarrenservice.com/) unit ? ? ?