PDA

View Full Version : LE great deal

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Over 30k off MSRP. This is a nice car at a great price: http://m.dupontregistry.com/listingdetail.cfm?ItemID=2076594

Gotta be below invoice. Pretty good deal and on a numbered car.

Had to share. Sorry if its a repost.

LonghornTX
05-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Very good deal indeed...especially for that car

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Hopefully someone here snatches it up. So much car for the money.

Derek Short
05-05-2014, 02:28 PM
i have seen one as low as 107k brand new
and another one with 600 miles on it, 1 owner for only 99k!

gen V prices are dropping like a rock!

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 02:31 PM
i have seen one as low as 107k brand new
and another one with 600 miles on it, 1 owner for only 99k!

gen V prices are dropping like a rock!

Have you bought one yet? Couldn't remember if you had.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 02:31 PM
And that's a new car with no miles that's never been titled. Imagine the preowned market; well into the five figures for sure. I paid a premium to be one of the first few hundred owners to have last season. But folks who held out for deals, they're here.

ViperSmith
05-05-2014, 02:34 PM
And that's a new car with no miles that's never been titled. Imagine the preowned market; well into the five figures for sure. I paid a premium to be one of the first few hundred owners to have last season. But folks who held out for deals, they're here.

At times I really wish I had waited, but such is life. Always make more money :)

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
I have no regrets. Still paid below MSRP but it was definitely above invoice. Plus they get 2% back that they don't tell you about. Sometimes being first has a value.

08viperviolet
05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Most of the cars with discounts are on the 13 launch editions did not sell well. Enjoy your cars if you felt fair deal the day you bought it that is all that matters.

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 02:37 PM
At times I really wish I had waited, but such is life. Always make more money :)

They are selling quite well around 90-110K SRT or GTS so unless you paid 130+ for a loaded GTS you're probably not that far off. Even used they are being snatched up quick. I was looking at a couple used GTS and SRT's and they were all sold (The ones I was looking at) by the time I was ready to pull the trigger.

Ohiotj
05-05-2014, 02:42 PM
I waited 20 years to buy my viper. Only got 20k off sticker. Somewhere there is an equation on when to buy a viper but I am too lazy to make it up.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Even if u got raped 140+ on a launch and got raped 33% in one year it's a lot better than losing six figures similarly on cars like McLaren. Those were over 300k and are now 190's. The ideal way to buy is a low mileage car as second owner. Throw an extended warranty on it & you're golden.

ViperSmith
05-05-2014, 02:58 PM
They are selling quite well around 90-110K SRT or GTS so unless you paid 130+ for a loaded GTS you're probably not that far off. Even used they are being snatched up quick. I was looking at a couple used GTS and SRT's and they were all sold (The ones I was looking at) by the time I was ready to pull the trigger.

My opinion is people will get steals on the 13 and even 14 and prices will level out nicely and possibly even rise a bit. I think we've seen the bottom.

Which is great, because the more cars people are driving, the more people will see them, and the more demand there will be...

05Commemorative
05-05-2014, 02:59 PM
not completely accurate. if one wants the best deal on a GTS, they would be getting a black or red one as they have been discounted the most and for several months. Surprisingly, many LE's still across the country have some crazy prices on them and just recently started dropping. (I had been monitoring for months until I got one a couple of weeks ago). But to the persons point earlier, folks should no longer be complaining about the prices as their excuse for not getting one.

I am biased after having two weeks now, but the Blue/White combo is still striking and seems to be the color many associate with Viper, particularly coupes. Color combo that never goes out of style.

Most of the cars with discounts are on the 13 launch editions did not sell well. Enjoy your cars if you felt fair deal the day you bought it that is all that matters.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 03:02 PM
The subject launch car is driving distance for me. I plan to go check it out.

PS I drove to the beach this weekend and passed 11 corvettes, one of which was a C7. Zero Vipers of any generation. Love it.

Voice of Reason
05-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I think used prices will stabilize a bit once all the new '13s are gone. There aren't a lot of used ones for sale so there will be less price competition pushing them down.

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 03:04 PM
I do agree with that. At the begining of the year only a small handleful of people in Houston had one that were active in local events, mostly only Nineball. You never saw them and didn't realize that they were much better than their online reviews. I know at this point at our next VOA event there will be 3 new Gen V's and I have had three other local guys call that recently purchased when they heard about the plant shut down.

Andy

My opinion is people will get steals on the 13 and even 14 and prices will level out nicely and possibly even rise a bit. I think we've seen the bottom.

Which is great, because the more cars people are driving, the more people will see them, and the more demand there will be...

05Commemorative
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
I too know of two others purchased locally in the last month when the # was 0 for the prior year. Still have yet to see another one on the road.

I was encourage though as drove to a local parts store and the 20yr old kid behind the counter knew all about the car, details, etc and ended getting everyone in the store to look at it while I was at the counter waiting to buy a license plate cover... The issue has never been the looks, HP or most of the crap folks throw out there. It really comes down to being sticker shock priced, lame dealer network for this price/quality of car and poor marketing. Car is pure emotion when it is seen by most.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah I already had my second oil change today as I'm approaching one year of ownership. The dealer is the only SRT authorized one in the state with an allocation of just one 2013 car. Black GTS with Silver stripes still sitting there ropped off. Car seems so out of place compared to the other inventory there. Sales guys were really nice and passionate about my car. We stood there going over details and options for a while even after the service had concluded. It's that type of ride that draws attention and sparks conversation.

swexlin
05-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Some good deals out there. They always come at the wrong time! I just bought a house, and am putting a roof on it. OtherwiseI would be seriously looking at trading the SRT8 and the 03.

Derek Short
05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Have you bought one yet? Couldn't remember if you had.

I was really tempted but ended u going with a super clean low mileage ACR. I don't feel like taking a 20-30K hit after driving it off the lot, and thats with getting a deal. The ACR's will hold their value and a few of them might start creeping up in value. Just a matter of time. I feel the Gen 4 ACR is a smart buy.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 08:08 PM
The car that has impressively appreciated in value is the Ford GT. A fine example listed for a buck and a half a few years back. Now it's difficult to find one listed less than 1/4 mill. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for one million in ten years.

Similarly, if they end up pulling the plug on Viper, prices should rise esp on numbered cars & limited editions. But then again, lets hope that doesn't happen so the next ACR can debut. I generally view these cars as depreciating assets. They're meant to drive & enjoy. They're generally not investments.

05Commemorative
05-05-2014, 08:10 PM
I was really tempted but ended u going with a super clean low mileage ACR. I don't feel like taking a 20-30K hit after driving it off the lot, and thats with getting a deal. The ACR's will hold their value and a few of them might start creeping up in value. Just a matter of time. I feel the Gen 4 ACR is a smart buy.

Your buying a viper and looking for a "smart buy"? btw, where did your 20-30k hit come from. you think you buy a new one off the lot for 100k and it is immediately worth 70-80k? Sure, I guess add tax in, but no way you take that amount of beating.

I am teasing you, I had just never heard a viper purchase of any year described as a smart buy. Passionate buy for sure. Personal opinion, I don't think ACR's will creep up anytime soon, but don't really think they will drop that fast either (unless they announce a GenV ACR), particularly when the new base model of GenV essentially performs the same (if you believe magazines), but who really knows.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM
I stayed away from the IV ACR mostly because it lacks traction & stability control. Lots of folks have died in prior gen Vipers and I didn't want to be one of them. It's a very aggressive machine and like the V looks way better in person. ACR drop top equals double win. Hope they do something like that with the V.

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I stayed away from the IV ACR mostly because it lacks traction & stability control. Lots of folks have died in prior gen Vipers and I didn't want to be one of them. It's a very aggressive machine and like the V looks way better in person. ACR drop top equals double win. Hope they do something like that with the V.

Viper weeds out posers, I loved my ACR and there's absolutely no need for traction control or stability control if you show some restraint and learn to drive. I know of one Gen V that ended up in someone's front yard. Traction and stability control were on. ;)

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 08:36 PM
I'm sure the nannies aren't perfect. Guess it provides a security blanket at the very least. Let time pass and revisit the number of fatalities in nanny cars versus no controls. Bet the fatalities in the latter will largely exceed the number in the former. Just a hunch.

ViperSmith
05-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Nannies are great for the street. There is nothing to prove driving in traffic. It is fantastic they can be turned off when on the track.

They sure help getting to know the car and its limits in normal driving. They have gracefully reminded me a few times what you are dealing with.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 08:53 PM
The Feds also investigated whether or not certain prior generation vipers should be recalled due to safety concerns too. I believe the major concern was whether or not a rear knuckle fractures. The cars ultimately weren't recalled but I'm sure there's folks that disagree with the conclusion. Funny a Ferrari owner had just told me that he thought older gen vipers were just a bunch of parts pieced together without any real engineering behind it right before the recall investigation was released. I felt compelled to tell him that F cars come with a fire extinguisher for a reason. ;)

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm sure the nannies aren't perfect. Guess it provides a security blanket at the very least. Let time pass and revisit the number of fatalities in nanny cars versus no controls. Bet the fatalities in the latter will largely exceed the number in the former. Just a hunch.

Did you not see the SRT engineer already lose his life in a gen V? It's your own personal decision making that will save your life not your nannies. And your comments about early gen Vipers just lost you any and all credit when other gen owners come in here talking about not liking the gen V. I've owned Gen 3-5 Vipers and they're all wonderful and visceral in their own right.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah I saw one death in a gen V. Not aware of any others. Are you? Could care less about what you consider credit to be. The V is the best one IMO to date. The CEO said the side vent wasn't even functional until now. The modern features technology and engineering are all improvements that make for a better steering suspension acceleration, braking and overall driving experience. It's probably why you bought one?

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Yeah I saw one death in a gen V. Not aware of any others. Are you? Could care less about what you consider credit to be. The V is the best one IMO to date. The CEO said the side vent wasn't even functional until now. The modern features technology and engineering are all improvements that make for a better steering suspension acceleration, braking and overall driving experience. It's probably why you bought one?

I bought one for several reasons, one major reason was to support SRT and do my part to keep Viper alive. These are my favorite cars and always have been, all of them. My TA isn't faster than my ACR was, it will be, but no gen V owner should be cocky about the new cars performance compared to the Gen IV's, especially a GTS owner with the added weight compared to the SRT's.

The Gen V does it in a much more updated and refined package, and will be faster once modded. If you're not putting your car on the track with other gens than you won't appreciate how good all of these cars really are.

Voice of Reason
05-05-2014, 09:33 PM
The death of that engineer taught me something not directly related to the Viper: that those "safety" cables on the interstate are actually decapitation devices for all low sitting vehicles, not just ours. Every time I see one now I cringe regardless of what vehicle I'm in.

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 09:33 PM
And there's no side vent on gen 3's and 4's if you're going to insult them or talk down about the other gens you should at least do a little research. And my Gen IV ACR would out handle and brake your car. The TA not so much with the big ACRX brakes. The base SRT's with track pack are great performers too with their weight being the lowest.

- - - Updated - - -

The death of that engineer taught me something not directly related to the Viper: that those "safety" cables on the interstate are actually decapitation devices for all low sitting vehicles, not just ours. Every time I see one now I cringe regardless of what vehicle I'm in.

Agree, absolutely terrible and tragic.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 09:49 PM
TA is faster than ACR. And my heavy GTS did pretty well in fourth place. Hate to break it to ya but most viper owners will never experience the car's limits and most have never even been on a track. Never stated which prior gens did or did not have the side gill vent. Just stated the V is the first and only one to be functional per the CEO. The car is street legal for a reason if you want to drive a race car buy an ACRX or GRS-R.

If on the other hand, you want the best street legal snake made to date at a great price refer to the OP.

Policy Limits
05-05-2014, 09:55 PM
The GT-R does 0-60 in 2.77 seconds. Speed isn't everything. If it were you could buy a car that is faster than the viper for less dough. Sound, feel, styling and overall driving experience are the main variables for most. I didn't buy my Lamborghini because it was the fastest car. I bought because it could stop traffic and make your TA invisible.

FLATOUT
05-05-2014, 10:21 PM
The GT-R does 0-60 in 2.77 seconds. Speed isn't everything. If it were you could buy a car that is faster than the viper for less dough. Sound, feel, styling and overall driving experience are the main variables for most. I didn't buy my Lamborghini because it was the fastest car. I bought because it could stop traffic and make your TA invisible.

First of all you don't even own a TA, I do, and owned an ACR. I have actual experience in both and don't sit back and quote magazine times. And sadly as bad as I want the TA to be faster its not on high speed circuits, like TWS and the Ring. Not just my opinion either one of your Tudor series drivers spoke with us about a ring attempt in the Gen V and said they wouldn't go back until they had a car that could beat the Gen IV ACR's time, and that there's not a current gen V including the TA that would do it. The TA will be faster on the mid size and tighter circuits.

But it doesn't matter anyways since you own neither, don't have experience with either, and won't see track time, which I do. Not everyone in the Viper community is new to these cars like yourself and many of us do actually find the limits of these cars on track on a regular basis.

I have owned and raced an ACR and a TA. So pull your head out of the magazines and listen to the guys that have actual experience in both cars.

slitherv10
05-05-2014, 10:23 PM

I's not exactly sure that statement holds true. The new TA and especially the black one as I have seen it in person at our past event. Bruces car for that matter, and to tell you the truth, as a past naysayer of the Gen V, I was very impressed with the aggressive nature and stance of the black TA over the Orange which there were two of them there as well to compare.
The Lamborghini holds its own of course because of its years in production and reputation through all those years as the King of exotics. Unfortunately in todays society, even the new STi and or EVO would get more looks than a Lambo. For the right reasons. because the people looking at those cars want one and will buy one when they have the chance where as the Lambo is just a timely machine that everyone remembers as the car to have years ago. I for one would get into a TA well before I even considered a lambo. They are becoming a thing of the past and a car that unless your buying the ones that are well out of reach of 99.9% of the public like the Aventador or the other funky looking one like looks like a spaceship batmobile, your no competition for the TA or gen V for that matter and your paying double for the entry level Lambo.Not a smart mans choice but one that thinks with his money and not his head, IMO.
Their not investments, or collectors. Not that the Viper is or will be but, it is a far better bang for your buck. Period.

the Gen IV viper (ACR) is a formidable adversary for the Gen V. Under 5K in mods and your faster and smarter with your cheque book. A great buy if you can find a well documented and serviced one for under 85K.

The LE is a color combo that, as others have pointed out, will and always has been the icon of the Viper world.

Every Viper of all years should be respected and applauded as they all helped in putting the Gen V where it is now, at the top of the food chain in respect to styling, performance and unique attributes that no other car for that price can hold a stick too.

Derek Short
05-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Your buying a viper and looking for a "smart buy"? btw, where did your 20-30k hit come from. you think you buy a new one off the lot for 100k and it is immediately worth 70-80k? Sure, I guess add tax in, but no way you take that amount of beating.

I am teasing you, I had just never heard a viper purchase of any year described as a smart buy. Passionate buy for sure. Personal opinion, I don't think ACR's will creep up anytime soon, but don't really think they will drop that fast either (unless they announce a GenV ACR), particularly when the new base model of GenV essentially performs the same (if you believe magazines), but who really knows.

Ok maybe I miss worded it as a smart buy. I mean its a better buy than a gen V as in loss of value after buying it and driving it off the lot.
And yea as for the 20-30k drop after buying a gen V and driving it off the lot that is with tax included because you are not getting that 10k back in taxes/ fees etc... So say a 110k plus tax LE 120K total drive it off the lot and then sell it with a few hundred miles you will be lucky to get 100k for it, and that is selling it privately... Now consider trade in? good luck getting anyone to take a gen V on trade in unless they are giving you super low trade in value. The guy I just bought my ACR from has a brand new TA Gen V and most he is able to get for trade is was 85-90k at best. No1 wants a gen V on trade. And he has tried to trade it in everywhere he said.

With the ACR they are pretty much set at 70-90k and not moving much off that. Obviously color, mileage, mods etc. play a factor in the price value. I feel I wont loose to much if any on my ACR when I go to sell it someday. It is the sought after white one and they hold a premium on price as do the SSG.

The Gen V is just a easier and more driver friendly type of viper. The previous Gen vipers are all drivers cars and in your face brutal raw power. I'd still like to get a Gen V TA or possibly LE in the future to have as well. But i'd like to wait for someone else to take the price hit.

05Commemorative
05-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Lets add a couple facts to this conversation. I bristle when folks like the claim the GTS is some how really heavy and not a performer because it has fancy options.

1) GTS is ~50-80lbs heavier than base srt and only about 30-50lbs heavier than the TA. Put the track pack on and even closer
2) GTS was faster on the same track than the base SRT
3) GTS was very close to TA and without the optional aero. Add the aero downforce and my opinion it becomes a drivers race

In all three of the cases above, all three models are ~100-150lbs lighter than a Gen3/4 and more power.

Granted, 1500lbs of downforce at 150mph definitely helps an Gen4 ACR

05Commemorative
05-06-2014, 12:06 AM
I gotcha, just poking a little fun. I know a new LE can be had for better than you mention, but still get your point. I went through the same though process, just the new car is that good, it really was worth the difference.

Ok maybe I miss worded it as a smart buy. I mean its a better buy than a gen V as in loss of value after buying it and driving it off the lot.
And yea as for the 20-30k drop after buying a gen V and driving it off the lot that is with tax included because you are not getting that 10k back in taxes/ fees etc... So say a 110k plus tax LE 120K total drive it off the lot and then sell it with a few hundred miles you will be lucky to get 100k for it, and that is selling it privately... Now consider trade in? good luck getting anyone to take a gen V on trade in unless they are giving you super low trade in value. The guy I just bought my ACR from has a brand new TA Gen V and most he is able to get for trade is was 85-90k at best. No1 wants a gen V on trade. And he has tried to trade it in everywhere he said.

With the ACR they are pretty much set at 70-90k and not moving much off that. Obviously color, mileage, mods etc. play a factor in the price value. I feel I wont loose to much if any on my ACR when I go to sell it someday. It is the sought after white one and they hold a premium on price as do the SSG.

The Gen V is just a easier and more driver friendly type of viper. The previous Gen vipers are all drivers cars and in your face brutal raw power. I'd still like to get a Gen V TA or possibly LE in the future to have as well. But i'd like to wait for someone else to take the price hit.

Policy Limits
05-06-2014, 06:40 AM
First of all you don't even own a TA, I do, and owned an ACR. I have actual experience in both and don't sit back and quote magazine times. And sadly as bad as I want the TA to be faster its not on high speed circuits, like TWS and the Ring. Not just my opinion either one of your Tudor series drivers spoke with us about a ring attempt in the Gen V and said they wouldn't go back until they had a car that could beat the Gen IV ACR's time, and that there's not a current gen V including the TA that would do it. The TA will be faster on the mid size and tighter circuits.

But it doesn't matter anyways since you own neither, don't have experience with either, and won't see track time, which I do. Not everyone in the Viper community is new to these cars like yourself and many of us do actually find the limits of these cars on track on a regular basis.

I have owned and raced an ACR and a TA. So pull your head out of the magazines and listen to the guys that have actual experience in both cars.

Did I state or imply that I own a TA or ACR? Did I start this thread to discuss those cars? Perhaps you're the one who should be pulling his head out of a certain place and doing some listening.

Policy Limits
05-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Lets add a couple facts to this conversation. I bristle when folks like the claim the GTS is some how really heavy and not a performer because it has fancy options.

1) GTS is ~50-80lbs heavier than base srt and only about 30-50lbs heavier than the TA. Put the track pack on and even closer
3) GTS was very close to TA and without the optional aero. Add the aero downforce and my opinion it becomes a drivers race

In all three of the cases above, all three models are ~100-150lbs lighter than a Gen3/4 and more power.

Exactly. And if the driver is really concerned with a 30 lb difference he can ditch the floor mats in his GTS and go on a diet to lose the weight. There's really not much of a performance difference so I'd rather have all of the bells & whistles. The LE in the OP is a great example of getting it all and for less.

Shooter
05-06-2014, 07:24 AM

Gen IV ACR makes 1000 lbs @ 150 mph. You have to be going close to 180 mph to get the 1500 lbs. :)

Policy Limits
05-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Can it do 206 mph? Does it have the third best weight : speed ratio in the world? Does it have more HP?

Lets cut the my prick is bigger than yours nonsense the thread is about a great deal on a loaded numbered car. If anyone else knows of a similar or better deal, please share.

XSnake
05-06-2014, 07:31 AM
magazine racing at it's finest here.

FLATOUT
05-06-2014, 07:38 AM

Policy is so clueless it's entertaining. I pray I run into him on the street or track so he can put his magazine racing to the test.

IndyRon
05-06-2014, 07:50 AM

:fpopcorn::lol2:

LonghornTX
05-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Same team guys, same team. Let's all remember that Vipers, regardless of generation, are a unique and special vehicle.

Now, back on topic. As Policy suggested, maybe we can transform this thread into a "deals" thread. I have a feeling these screaming deals won't last forever; the temporary plant shutdown seems to be specifically for this issue. Let the ground stock sell off and adjust supply to demand...

Boba Fett
05-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Subscribed

Policy Limits
05-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Has it dawned on you that some, in fact most owners aren't race car drivers?

Could care less myself and even if I did care, I wouldn't be in this brand in the first place as there are much faster cars on the market.

Coloviper
05-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Great Deal on a new LE. Hopefully can use it as the price point for taxes when I win the NVE1 LE. The rest of the discussion is pretty pointless. New Viper in all variants is very close to one another.

Never understood the whole infighting over a old versus new model. Not like you are going to change a 20 year old car. Old car is what it is. New car is what it is.

New cars have dropped in price drastically because that is all they are really worth. They were overpriced from start. Most Vipers have been 25% high from new which has been historical once they got above $70k new MSRP.

Sorry ACR is a very fast car and respected, but will continue to depreciate like the rest. Don't think they have settled out yet. Those in the $85k+ can advertise all day long but are they selling in droves at that price? Some are but not really seeing it consistently to say they are settled out.

When new ACR comes out, it will be better or why even release a new ACR? When it does, older ACR will settle out at $65k to $75k which is not bad overall but is what it is.

The Lamborghini discussion? Honestly who cares?

FLATOUT
05-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Has it dawned on you that some, in fact most owners aren't race car drivers?

Could care less myself and even if I did care, I wouldn't be in this brand in the first place as there are much faster cars on the market.

It was obvious the second you started discussing magazine times and the performance stats you mentioned.

Policy Limits
05-06-2014, 10:19 AM
I haven't read a magazine in years as print has been dead as long. I've also owned and driven a Gen V for a lot longer than you have as next month will make one year of Gen V ownership. Relax.

As for great deals, post 'em if ya got 'em.

05Commemorative
05-06-2014, 01:22 PM
a little controversial, but what is your definition of a "poser"?

When I read much of what is written on these forums, I am not sure the Viper weeds out or breeds posers... Just look how many folks ask for more HP for "bragging" rights, but then next statement is never been to the track. Couldn't that be a definition of a poser?

But back the reason for this post, it is a great deal on a GTS LE that could clearly be negotiated more. I am surprised to not see more questions actually related to the car, which is fantastic.

Viper weeds out posers, I loved my ACR and there's absolutely no need for traction control or stability control if you show some restraint and learn to drive. I know of one Gen V that ended up in someone's front yard. Traction and stability control were on. ;)

FLATOUT
05-06-2014, 07:31 PM
I haven't read a magazine in years as print has been dead as long. I've also owned and driven a Gen V for a lot longer than you have as next month will make one year of Gen V ownership. Relax.

As for great deals, post 'em if ya got 'em.

Ok so those of us that have owned multiple Vipers for much longer than you have should take a back seat to your knowledge? One whole year, nice job, congrats rookie.

a little controversial, but what is your definition of a "poser"?

When I read much of what is written on these forums, I am not sure the Viper weeds out or breeds posers... Just look how many folks ask for more HP for "bragging" rights, but then next statement is never been to the track. Couldn't that be a definition of a poser?

But back the reason for this post, it is a great deal on a GTS LE that could clearly be negotiated more. I am surprised to not see more questions actually related to the car, which is fantastic.

Posers as in guys, that talk a big game and put them into the woods a week later lol. It happens a lot doesn't matter what gen Viper.

Policy Limits
05-07-2014, 07:52 AM
I was driving exotics when you were still putting around TX in your dodge. Name calling is where I draw the line. Ignore feature utilized; see ya never.

FLATOUT
05-07-2014, 08:20 AM
I was driving exotics when you were still putting around TX in your dodge. Name calling is where I draw the line. Ignore feature utilized; see ya never.

Now you're insulting all of us including yourself for owning a dodge. Interesting tactic.

Russ Oasis
05-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Sometimes I scratch my head as to where these threads go. Why are there so many opinionated "enthusiasts" (read: those who don't own a Viper) who seem to relish bashing or spreading negative thoughts about a Viper? I bought a 2014 GTS. I thought that I got a good deal and am not angry or upset that some other GTS's are being sold for less. I have 8 Vipers, one or more from each generation (plus comp coupes) and can say that my Gen V is the best snake I've ever driven or owned. Great cars are expensive. If you like the Corvette for less money, then buy it. I agree that the Vette is a nice car and definitely worth the money, BUT IT'S NOT A VIPER. It's almost as if these boards are infiltrated by owners of other nameplates that simply want to denigrate the car that holds the track records at most of the significant tracks in America and the world. I LOVE THE GEN V. Go drive one if you haven't. It's in a different league.

MI Viper
05-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Sometimes I scratch my head as to where these threads go. Why are there so many opinionated "enthusiasts" (read: those who don't own a Viper) who seem to relish bashing or spreading negative thoughts about a Viper? I bought a 2014 GTS. I thought that I got a good deal and am not angry or upset that some other GTS's are being sold for less. I have 8 Vipers, one or more from each generation (plus comp coupes) and can say that my Gen V is the best snake I've ever driven or owned. Great cars are expensive. If you like the Corvette for less money, then buy it. I agree that the Vette is a nice car and definitely worth the money, BUT IT'S NOT A VIPER. It's almost as if these boards are infiltrated by owners of other nameplates that simply want to denigrate the car that holds the track records at most of the significant tracks in America and the world. I LOVE THE GEN V. Go drive one if you haven't. It's in a different league.

+1 well said Russ. The wife and I have talked about getting a Gen V, but she loves our Gen IV vert' and she wants to wait and see if Dodge comes out with a 2015 Gen ? Vert'. And I'm cool with that, it's kinda turned into her toy... There are some killer Gen V deals out there right now, and good for all those who are buying them now, which will help this iconic super car keep moving forward in development and sales.
We also have powerboats, and I belong to a powerboat website that covers all brands/makes of powerboats. And of course there is "Brand Loyality" all over that webiste/board, which is to be expected, ("My boat is faster, bigger, etc, than yours"!) I don't really get all wrapped up in that, we like our boats, they serve our purposes.....
BUT here, we all own the SAME BRAND of car, the Viper, and I feel very fortunate to own 1, but the point I'm trying to make is we all are on the same team, TEAM VIPER! It doesn't really matter in my book what Gen you own, if you track your Viper, or if you just cruise around in your Viper, you are in a Viper! And that is what being a Viper owner is all about, it sets us apart from all the other Muscle/super cars, period! GO TEAM VIPER!

Derek Short
05-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Very well put both posts above.^^^

slitherv10
05-07-2014, 09:34 PM
I'll be the first to admit I was a naysayer in the early stages of production and well into it as well. But, I have come to terms as the dust has begun to settle and I finally had a chance to be in one and learn more about it that it is quite different in many + ways. It is by no means a previous Gen Viper but, by no means are those ones a gen V. They have all been built to develop the next. The Gen V will hopefully be an inspiration for the future Vipers and owners to learn from and cherish just as the previous ones have and still are.

I have been on the fence about buying one in the past but, have recently changed my mind and would be honored to own and drive one of these monsters we call a car, a Viper.
I will await the 2015 and some insight as to where Dodge and Fiat are going with this new set up and may look at them a little more closely. The TA is on my mind but, seeing as they may not be any more available up here in Canada, I may await a new "TA" if I may call it, that might peak my interest enough to invest.
I will always keep my 96 GTS but my 08 Vert needs to move (in the classifieds here) before I make the move. Either that moves or the wife.

Viper Girl
05-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Does anyone have anything pertinent to say about a '13 LE? or are we done talking about the thread title?

slitherv10
05-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Does anyone have anything pertinent to say about a '13 LE? or are we done talking about the thread title?

I personally could not and don't understand how an iconic color combo , numbered car, could still be available and be had for so little. It just boggles my mind.

Other things that boggle my mind....

How does the 2010 SSG ACR number 30 of 30 stay for sale for so long

How does the #33 white TA stay for sale for so long

How do the 92 RT-10's when seen for sale stay for sale

How does the 98 championship edition stay for sale

and last but not final.....

how does a 96 GTS stay for sale and for below 100,000

Ok.....I had to add that one in.....its obvious....

Viper Girl
05-07-2014, 11:45 PM
I personally could not and don't understand how an iconic color combo , numbered car, could still be available and be had for so little. It just boggles my mind.

I bet you made your mother nuts... and "How" used to be "Why?" :smilielol::smilielol:

Ok anyone else have something to say about a '13 LE?

Fatboy 18
05-08-2014, 02:13 AM
Yes me....I think it looks very nice :)

Shooter
05-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Looks like it's still not a good enough deal to sell. Get it below 100K and I bet it will go. Could be a " bait and switch" too. Has anyone called and tried to make a deal on it?

Derek Short
05-08-2014, 12:03 PM

where is #33 white TA listed at? I have not seen that one up for sale?

Murpowa
05-08-2014, 06:54 PM

I would love to own that 2010 SSG and must admit I check on it almost daily. It's just a bit outside my budget.

slitherv10
05-08-2014, 07:26 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-TA-TA-Car-33-of-33-Time-Attack-Editions-/181394307646?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a3bf17a3e&item=181394307646&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

blk_fxstc
05-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Shhhh, that is my car, but I can't get Murpowa to buy my SSG ACR........ :)

Shooter
05-08-2014, 10:10 PM

Well seeing as he has #2, 10, 31, and #33...you should be ok

FLATOUT
05-09-2014, 05:44 AM

Get that SSG listed already. ;)

blk_fxstc
05-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Well seeing as he has #2, 10, 31, and #33...you should be ok

But if I can't be first, I wanna be last..... :)

Plus I got married a few weeks before I turned 33, so it will make it easier to remember how many years I have been married..... LOL!

FLATOUT
05-09-2014, 11:41 AM
But if I can't be first, I wanna be last..... :)

Plus I got married a few weeks before I turned 33, so it will make it easier to remember how many years I have been married..... LOL!

LOL sounds like a reason to justify a purchase to me.

bayviper
05-09-2014, 12:56 PM

Correct. Lot of car for the money but the 2014 are still strong in terms of price.

Policy Limits
05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I offered 95k on the LE today and they advised that the vehicle sold and us being shipped today.

Anyone on here?

Exhlr8n
05-17-2014, 01:41 AM
Damn if I didnt already own one, Id buy it..!

Nine Ball
05-17-2014, 06:32 AM
I would have ordered an LE, if I didn't already own a blue/white coupe. Blue/white is still the best and most iconic Viper color combo. Even people that don't know Vipers can identify this color combo as a Viper, from a distance.

And, enough of the gen vs gen bickering. I thought we were past that? SAME TEAM.

EdGTS
05-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Well shit, I'd buy it if I could. It's what inspired me to go back to why I fell in love with the viper in the first place, pull the trigger, and buy a 96 GTS. Those of us lucky enough (please be me) to attend the home coming can win one. Good luck!

viperj
05-25-2014, 03:44 PM
I will be at the home coming as well and hope to win haha if not have to upgrade to a V