PDA

View Full Version : Tips on getting the P/S hose all the way on

Thawk97
04-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Just swapped my P/S pulley and bracket and getting the return line all the way on the the reservoir feels impossible! I just cannot get it to go on the last 1/4". I actually tore up a bit of the surface of the hose using a pliers trying to twist it on. Any tips here?

C.J
04-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Congrats on getting the install done!

I lube the nipple with some p/s fluid before installing the line. Makes a huge difference. I remove the return line from the p/s cooler when removing the pump, as that plastic connection on the reservoir looks very fragile.

AZTVR
04-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Can you get some heat on the end of the hose, using a heat gun or possibly hair dryer to soften it up?

Thawk97
04-29-2014, 09:51 PM
man, i just can't do it - I did lube up the hose and nipple w/ P/S fluid beforehand. I actually had to cut the old line off it was so difficult to remove, and putting the new one on both the cooler and pump has been the toughest hose I've ever done. I have an 11/32 ID hose and it just won't go on all the way on the pump side. I think the clip fits on above the bump on the nipple with just a bit of room to spare - trying to decide if this last 1/4 - 3/16" is critical or not...

I did try using a hair dryer for a bit too

Thawk97
04-29-2014, 10:12 PM
got it up to about 1/8" I think using heat and more wiggling - I think that's done. Too afraid to twist more on the pump - it's pretty close to the top and the clip definitely sits above the bump in the nipple with space to spare

Big Miata
04-29-2014, 11:16 PM
die die die b**** spring. Buy a worm clamp