PDA

View Full Version : Information on Polished Billet Radiator Overflow Tank

Vipuronr
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi All:

About a month or so ago, someone posted a picture and information for a polished (billet) aluminum overflow tank for the radiator for GenI/GenI's.

Anyone remember and/or have information on that tank. I am interested in putting one in my '98.

Thanks very much!:dude3:

ICPREY
04-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Pretty sure redsnake had Justin@JMB performance make his. I would either PM redsnake or call Justin.

LifeIsGood
04-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Yep, that would be him...

Here's a thread...

Polished aluminum coolant tank Gen II (http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-gen-i/118209-polished-aluminum-coolant-tank.html)

Let us know what you find out. I'm also interested.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/kenandkristine/Viper/Viper%20Club%20DIY/Coolant%20Flush/JMBBilletCoolantRecoveryBottle-Installed.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/kenandkristine/Viper/Viper%20Club%20DIY/Coolant%20Flush/JMBBilletCoolantRecoveryBottle-Top.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/kenandkristine/Viper/Viper%20Club%20DIY/Coolant%20Flush/JMBBilletCoolantRecoveryBottle-Side.jpg

VIPER BAZ UK
04-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Looks good...

Interested....

James430
04-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Interested.....I like it!!!...Does the Supercharger come with it??...:)

Red Snake
04-30-2014, 04:49 PM
That's mine. Its from JMB Performance and it looks KILLER on the car in person.

I have a polished windshield washer fluid reservoir tank in the mail from JMB also right now. Will post pics soon. ;)

Vipuronr
05-01-2014, 07:42 AM
That's great! Look forward to seeing the pictures and also if you ran into any install snags!

Thanks much!

Vipuronr
05-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Looks like I'm going to order one as well...next on my engine compartment upgrade list!

Darth Menace
05-03-2014, 04:52 PM
More stuff to polish...yay! (end sarcasm) I do like the look though

Vipuronr
05-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Red Snake....had to re-read it a few times, but just realized that you ordered a windshield fluid reservoir tank in stainless from JMB...can't wait to see it. Emailed Justin about the radiator overflow tank.

Their parts look great!

VIPER BAZ UK
05-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Interested in both .....

Darth Menace
05-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Interested in both .....Price?

RTTTTed
05-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Why wouldn't you guys get your plastic tanks "fake" chromed? You'd keep the original capacity and wouldn't be adding much weight. WW bottle should be able to be plastic/chrome plated if the rad overflow can be.

Timbo could invent some "super Viper" trinkets for underhood dress ups ... He's damn fancy though, and an excellent craftsman.

Red Snake
05-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Why wouldn't you guys get your plastic tanks "fake" chromed? You'd keep the original capacity and wouldn't be adding much weight. WW bottle should be able to be plastic/chrome plated if the rad overflow can be.

Timbo could invent some "super Viper" trinkets for underhood dress ups ... He's damn fancy though, and an excellent craftsman.
For me, Justin at JMB is a friend of mine. He likes making cool stuff and I like looking at cool stuff on my car, lol.

I highly recommend him. Top notch product with outstanding service. ;)

TooBlue
05-05-2014, 08:11 PM
For me, Justin at JMB is a friend of mine. He likes making cool stuff and I like looking at cool stuff on my car, lol.

I highly recommend him. Top notch product with outstanding service. ;)

:dude3:......

Vipuronr
05-05-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm waiting to hear back from Justin. He did answer me with prices, but no photos on the washer fluid reservoir. Hard for me to buy something without seeing it first.

I do like the radiator overflow tank and am pretty sure I am going to order it. One question, which Ted raised, is about the capacity of that tank...it is less then the original one...is that going to cause any issues? I'm jus' askin'! :)

Thanks guys!

TooBlue
05-06-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm waiting to hear back from Justin. He did answer me with prices, but no photos on the washer fluid reservoir. Hard for me to buy something without seeing it first.

I do like the radiator overflow tank and am pretty sure I am going to order it. One question, which Ted raised, is about the capacity of that tank...it is less then the original one...is that going to cause any issues? I'm jus' askin'! :)

Thanks guys!

The side by side comparison photos above are from my overflow tank. I ran the tank for two years without any problems at all.
If there is a capacity problem it would be negligible at most.

gage
05-06-2014, 02:28 PM
cooling systems reach equilibrium eventually anyway. Even if you put a tank double the OEM size in that location it would just take a bit longer to reach operating temp. I wouldn't worry about it.

Vipuronr
05-07-2014, 11:13 AM
That was my only concern...thanks!

Red Snake
05-09-2014, 03:58 PM
It's in. R&R was very simple. Plug and play, basically. Only hiccup is that my rubber grommet (that fits around the pump and seals in the washer fluid on the tank) was dry rotted and split in half on me. I'll head to an Autoparts store this weekend and see if I can find one in the right size. Here's a few pics.

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/image21.jpg

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/image19.jpg

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/image20.jpg

TooBlue
05-09-2014, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Red Snake;53144]It's in. R&R was very simple. Plug and play, basically. Only hiccup is that my rubber grommet (that fits around the pump and seals in the washer fluid on the tank) was dry rotted and split in half on me. I'll head to an Autoparts store this weekend and see if I can find one in the right size. Here's a few pics.

Looks Great Tim.
The only way it would look better would be a 2-stage Nos system with a 2.8 blower.....:icon_devil:

Red Snake
05-09-2014, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=Red Snake;53144]It's in. R&R was very simple. Plug and play, basically. Only hiccup is that my rubber grommet (that fits around the pump and seals in the washer fluid on the tank) was dry rotted and split in half on me. I'll head to an Autoparts store this weekend and see if I can find one in the right size. Here's a few pics.

Looks Great Tim.
The only way it would look better would be a 2-stage Nos system with a 2.8 blower.....:icon_devil:
lol, I know.
If only I had a tuner near by. ;)

James430
05-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Great pics...Talked to him today and got some prices,he said he would make what ever We wanted....putting in an order Mon...think I'm going with the black powder coat on everything and see if he can make a cover for the power steering fluid holder.

RT SERPENT
05-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Nice set-up Red Snake!:dude3:

where'd you source the clear protective case for your VEC?

Red Snake
05-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Nice set-up Red Snake!:dude3:

where'd you source the clear protective case for your VEC?
I bought that about 7-8 years ago when I had a heads/cam Ram SRT10. I can't remember where I bought it or who made it. You might check with Roe or on the ViperTruck forums.

Sorry I can't be more help with that.

James430
06-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Got my valve covers,windshield washer reservoir and overflow tank today from justin....Decided to go black with everything and it turned out great."......here are a couple pics...will post more when I get everything on the car.

LifeIsGood
06-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Those look damn nice.

James430
06-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Got the windshield washer reservoir,radiator overflow tank and valve covers from jmb put on,also had time to put the NOS plate system from Nitrous Dave on....everything turned out good.will have to get the manifold done next........