PDA

View Full Version : Weather stripping Stantion

DIY BBQ
04-27-2014, 11:39 AM
My wife ordered a new set of Stantion for my car (where the emergency release is) and there is no weather stripping. That is why I bought the dam things. Are they suppose to have the weather stripping or does that come on a different piece?

Darth Menace
04-27-2014, 11:57 AM
My wife ordered a new set of Stantion for my car (where the emergency release is) and there is no weather stripping. That is why I bought the dam things. Are they suppose to have the weather stripping or does that come on a different piece?

Where did you order this from? I am almost 100% sure when I asked the Dodge dealership it came with the weatherstripping.

DIY BBQ
04-27-2014, 12:37 PM
I will check with her later. Before I start any shit with a company, the stantions are suppose to come with the stripping correct (someone confirm)? That is why I bought the set. If they do not, how can I get the weather stripping?

Bugman Jeff
04-27-2014, 07:36 PM
The outer stanchion cover has the weatherstripping on it. The inner cover with the emergency release is just the plastic piece.

Darth Menace
04-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Why are there multiple threads about this same problem?

crackleking
08-14-2015, 06:33 AM
my 98 rt/10 I had to replace the stanchion, two pieces, and they are both attached with weather stripping. They are attached, so the inner and outer cannot be separated. I have an extra driver's side stanchion, but the weather stripping on it is shot.

Fatboy 18
08-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Have you removed the door liner and looked down inside the door to see if the strips are lying within the door shell?

Are you talking about the thin vertical weatherstrip which should be glued to the outer rear pillar on the door?

Mine fell off once, but with the use of superglue put it back on and has been fine ever since.

Fatboy 18
08-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Weather stripping should be glued on the outer stantion (well it is on later Gen IIs)

Here is the parts catalogue download for a 1996 RT And GTS
http://www.roeracing.com/OE-Parts/1992-96_Viper.pdf
Scroll it down to the door frame for a break down of part numbers Figure DSR 110 Door, Front Shell and Hinges Viper.

There are also a lot of different stantion part numbers dependant on weather the car is European or canadian spec.

There is additional weather stripping listed for the door glass but I am not sure if that is the Horizontal weather stripping along the top of the door as it is not shown on the drawings?
Figure DSR 610
Part numbers 4763878 Right
4763879 Left

I would contact JonB at Partsrack or Chuck Tator of Tators Garage to confirm the correct parts.