PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye NE Region

KNG SNKE
04-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Well my plan was to tell the group in person today at your event but it was made apparent to me that I am not allowed to be there due to insurance purposes since I am not an active member. That being said I wanted to thank the NE region for all they have done. This group has been a wonderful crowd to be around and unfortunately with any military family it is time to leave. I tried to extend here but due to special circumstances I am headed to Florida. I have met a lot of great friends up here (a couple delusional red owners as well). Overall I am very happy to have been a part of this region and you have set the bar high for the next region that I become part of once life slows down. I leave May 29th, pit stop in Virginia for 2 months, and will be in Florida around August. I will spend 10 months in Florida then only time will tell where the Navy will send me. As of right now I don't plan on towing my car to Florida because I don't own a trailer and the Navy doesn't cover the cost of towing 3rd vehicles so my plan is to drop the car off in VA during my short run in FL.

plumcrazy
04-27-2014, 06:10 PM
never heard a problem with non members going to events unless it was a track. good luck with the move !

99RT10
04-27-2014, 07:05 PM
That's nuts. Why would that make any difference. Are spectators banned too???????????????

KNG SNKE
04-27-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't know the details, the local pres informed me of this rule. The event was a hobby event and the club was flipping the bill. I emailed days before the event and said I would cover my own way since I am not a paying member currently. He said that they cannot allow non-members because the insurance company wouldn't cover them. I started to ask a bunch of questions but let off, it wasn't worth it to go hang out at a hobby shop. I don't want to leave with a bad vibe and there are a ton of great people in the region so I let it go.

The move is definitely going to suck Plum. My daughter turns 1 tomorrow and we have to travel at night, not fun. Especially since I will be towing my toy. Really considering selling it. I have a crazy year ahead of me and driving time will add up to about 10 miles.

Propsail
04-27-2014, 10:54 PM
It was great getting to know you, King. You have a great family and always a blast to have around at the limited events I could make. Also a great asset to the viper community. Be safe and Bon voyage.

Best,
Craig
(Red is faster)

Viper Wizard
04-29-2014, 01:16 PM
King, there's a typo in your first post! It should read "delusional yellow owners"! :t0135:

Best of luck you guys and safe trip!

SlateEd
04-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Best of Luck to you man! It's been fun hanging out in Saratoga the last few years - Courtney just reminded me the other day of how you two traded spins on the Kart-track.

and your Viper is a work of art - you've done some great work on it! If there's any way to hold on to it you should. I'm sure you'll get back in the seat before you know it.

XSnake
04-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Non members are allowed. You just wouldn't be covered on the club tab.

99ACR
04-29-2014, 05:17 PM
John,

The best of luck to you guys! You are a lucky guy. You have a great family! We will miss you guys but not the yellow Viper!

Dennis B

KNG SNKE
04-29-2014, 06:13 PM
It was great getting to know you, King. You have a great family and always a blast to have around at the limited events I could make. Also a great asset to the viper community. Be safe and Bon voyage.

Best,
Craig
(Red is faster)

I appreciate it, definitely was a pleasure hanging out with you all (even though the reds are brainwashed)

King, there's a typo in your first post! It should read "delusional yellow owners"! :t0135:

Best of luck you guys and safe trip!

I had a feeling the Wizard would make a comment. You of ALL people with your extensive knowledge know the truth about the Yellow's being faster :). It's been fun though Chuck and definitely awesome to meet/hang out with you.

P.S. Remember whose business cards your statue was handing out at the Christmas party!

Best of Luck to you man! It's been fun hanging out in Saratoga the last few years - Courtney just reminded me the other day of how you two traded spins on the Kart-track.

and your Viper is a work of art - you've done some great work on it! If there's any way to hold on to it you should. I'm sure you'll get back in the seat before you know it.

Yeah unfortunately I missed Saratoga last year (had a newborn, priorities) but that definitely was one of my highlighted favorite events. Competition did get pretty real on the track but for the record one KNG SNKE in the Yellow/Black Go kart was dominating the races until I got bullied into the corner!

I absolutely can hold onto the car. If I sold it it would not be due to financial reasons. It would be due to limited use.

Non members are allowed. You just wouldn't be covered on the club tab.

When the Pres stated insurance would not allowed it I started really asking questions regarding that and normal car insurance etc etc but dropped it because it is ridiculous. It wasn't worth the effort so I recanted all of my questions and told him I would say my goodbyes here. Enough of my peace and discontent was conveyed in the email though.

John,

The best of luck to you guys! You are a lucky guy. You have a great family! We will miss you guys but not the yellow Viper!

Dennis B

Dennis there is always room for a yellow viper in your heart, I know it! It's been fun bud!

KNG SNKE
04-29-2014, 06:26 PM
On a side note my favorite events list from the region

1. I have to say the gun shoot was pretty awesome (even though they wouldn't let me park Martin's car down range)
2. The Saratoga event was a close 2nd. For RI people its like a mini vacation followed with some good go karting action and an overall good event.
3. The clambake is good fun, I got some of my best photographs from this event.
4. The Christmas party was fun. Kind of odd with the comedian the year before but the overall presentation was great.
5. The Hole in the Wall Gang event. I believe this was the first event I attended if I am not mistaken and it was a great way to give back.
6. F1 Boston. Rubbin is racing and the Wizard made it happen out here. Pretty sure he snuck in some fuel additive to his go kart.

jerry colpitts
05-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Yup,Just like them yellow ones to go and run away and hide......Hey King..We are so glad you became part of our family...You and your wife are great people...Your little one is adorable.....I hope we hook up again someday....Peace and Love....

Rand1993
05-01-2014, 11:52 PM
King

Where will you be in FL?

I have garage space near Melbourne that you could use for the Viper if you are near Melbourne.

EZ 2B Green
05-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Hey, I may do the same Saratoga run we did a couple of years ago later this month. You lucked out that year as it was one of the sunny runs with a great view at the top of Hogback Mt. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip! Beware of the Green Vipers!

Good luck down south!

KNG SNKE
05-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Yup,Just like them yellow ones to go and run away and hide......Hey King..We are so glad you became part of our family...You and your wife are great people...Your little one is adorable.....I hope we hook up again someday....Peace and Love....

Ha, running away :). Pretty sure I saw that mythical car you own once :). It's been fun Jerry.

King

Where will you be in FL?

I have garage space near Melbourne that you could use for the Viper if you are near Melbourne.

I will be in Mayport/Jacksonville area. Pretty sure the house were renting will have a garage but it is a matter of time down there is why I don't plan to bring it. It would cost me 2 separate uhaul rentals to get it down there and I would just have to move it right after I return from deployment.