PDA

View Full Version : Rear hatch gas lift supports. Where to get?

slitherv10
04-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Where do you guys recommend I get a set of these? Looked on Ebay and not sure about gong with made in China stuff, unless its the only alternative.

Bugman Jeff
04-20-2014, 09:45 AM
They're still available through the dealer, I think I paid around $35/each for mine last year. Should be part #04763387AB. As cheap as I am, for the little cost difference it was more convenient for me to get the OEMs.

Doug Levin Motorsports
04-20-2014, 11:57 AM
You can also check with Jon B. @ PartsRack if you come up short.

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-20-2014, 12:10 PM
The Year Matters.

G2 glass struts? G3-4 hatch struts? G4 ACR?
SRT10 Trunk Struts?

OE are readily avail, quite inexpensive in Viper terms...
AutoZone-NAPA generics are about 40% off of OE

KNG SNKE
04-20-2014, 02:12 PM
On a side note has anyone replaced these gas shocks and have their rear glass open more then once with the new ones? I've used OE and AutoZone and when I pull the latch the glass seems to only open up once. After that no dice.

AZTVR
04-20-2014, 03:01 PM
On a side note has anyone replaced these gas shocks and have their rear glass open more then once with the new ones? I've used OE and AutoZone and when I pull the latch the glass seems to only open up once. After that no dice.

It was several years ago that I bought new OE struts. They opened very normally for the past several years. As always in manufacturing, things can go wrong in a specific production run.

plumcrazy
04-20-2014, 03:38 PM
ebay worked for me

Bugman Jeff
04-20-2014, 09:21 PM
The Year Matters.

G2 glass struts? G3-4 hatch struts? G4 ACR?
SRT10 Trunk Struts?

OE are readily avail, quite inexpensive in Viper terms...
AutoZone-NAPA generics are about 40% off of OE

It's posted in the Gen I/II forum, I think it's safe to assume he's talking about a Gen II.

slitherv10
04-20-2014, 09:39 PM
It's posted in the Gen I/II forum, I think it's safe to assume he's talking about a Gen II.

Yes of course. It's a 96 GTS. It looks like so far its dealer, or like Jon suggested, autozone. Problem with ordering through the states, is that I het dinged big time for shipping and fees as well as the dollar difference right now. It looks like the dealer may be the best option for me as I would not be paying all the extra costs. they are on Ebay for 36.00 US + 33.00 US shipping and some 11.00 fees. If I convert that to CND dollars it adds up to a "forget it" deal.

unless the dealer no longer has them of course, then I have no option but to fork out the doe or find another "Autozone" type store up here in Canada that may carry something that fits. Canadian Tire stores may carry them.

AZTVR
04-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Yes of course. It's a 96 GTS. It looks like so far its dealer, or like Jon suggested, autozone. Problem with ordering through the states, is that I het dinged big time for shipping and fees as well as the dollar difference right now. It looks like the dealer may be the best option for me as I would not be paying all the extra costs. they are on Ebay for 36.00 US + 33.00 US shipping and some 11.00 fees. If I convert that to CND dollars it adds up to a "forget it" deal.

unless the dealer no longer has them of course, then I have no option but to fork out the doe or find another "Autozone" type store up here in Canada that may carry something that fits. Canadian Tire stores may carry them. I'd try Amazon.com also. Maybe they have worked out how to get product to Canadian customers with a lower shipping cost.

XSnake
04-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Do you not have dealerships in Canada that could order?