PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Upgrade

orlanderlv
04-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I have a new Viper with the low end 12 (or 14, I forget) speaker setup. I believe i've located where most or all of the speakers are located. They seem pretty easy and straight forward to get to. The amp is obviously to the right of the battery in the trunk.

Does anyone have experience with upgrading their Viper? Anyone have any diagrams of speaker sizes, exact locations, schematics, wires layout, power requirements, etc? I've been looking all over and can't find much at all. Thanks in advance.

S

orlanderlv
04-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Anyone? Bueller?

ViperSmith
04-20-2014, 07:04 PM
No one yet. I am in the same boat - want to upgrade badly.

DPViper
04-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Add me to the list....

orlanderlv
04-22-2014, 01:24 AM
I'm heading to a local dealership this week to ask about schematics and/or any experience they have. This weekend a buddy of mine will be putting in a couple 12inch subs in an enclosure, 1700w amp, signal processor and we'll take the door apart to see what's up.

EdwardETraylorIII
04-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I have pulled it all apart - but I haven't found any schems or made any notes of it. Stereo upgrade would be pretty straight forward. Let us know how it turns out!

Stealth
04-25-2014, 02:08 PM
I would love to see this information as well. There are only so many Gen Vs produced, and some of them may have all the right features but the relatively inexpensive $1k upgraded stereo option. It would be nice if the upgrade could be easily added. Another system would be very expensive and would not likely integrate as well with the infotainment system, security, etc.

ViperGeorge
04-25-2014, 02:41 PM
I have the upgraded stereo in my GTS and it isn't good enough. It needs more punch. I would be interested in upgrading with some better subs when someone figures out how best to do that.

Stealth
04-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know if the Head Units in the base (12 speaker) GTS Stereo (still listed as HD) and the upgraded (18 Speaker) stereo are the same? Is the only difference the 6 extra speakers? Are all of the 12 speakers the same as 12 of the 18 speakers?

Thanks very much for your thoughts!

BossGT
04-29-2014, 01:34 AM
i posted in another thread that you can actually buy a kit from Mopar that gives you the remaining speakers/hardware/grills to install up to the 18 speaker setup. It doesnt say anything about the amps though. Perhaps the only difference is just the number of speakers. The kit is like $500 or so.