PDA

View Full Version : IPSCO P/S Bracket & Pulley Install Session

C.J
04-19-2014, 07:54 PM
If any folks in the Raleigh area are interested in seeing an IPSCO p/s pulley and bracket installed, and the p/s system flushed, PatrickB and I will be doing this on his RT/10 this coming Saturday April 26 at my house in Raleigh. Let me know and I'll PM directions.

Happy Easter to you all!

DaveW
04-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Hey, Craig

Sorry I can't make it Saturday. As a head's up, I had 37,000 on mine when I realized it should be replaced. JonB and Tom Sessions said do it ASAP! The pulley shattered when Tom began to remove it and the flange-a-matic thingy had to be cut off the p/s shaft. Not sure how many miles is on Patrick's '00. Hope your operation goes smoother...

Hope to see you the following week in Wilmington!

C.J
04-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi Dave, sad to hear...I was looking forward to seeing you. Will definitely see you on May 3!

Thanks, I hope the pulley stays intact when we remove it. If not, I'll had the hacksaw to Patrick and relax for a bit. :)

PatrickB
04-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Did somebody saw hacksaw??!! :dude3:

I'm only at like 13,500 on miles, so hopefully those parts are intact...

Brian GTS
04-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Cool! I plan to drop in. What time y'all getting started?

C.J
04-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Probably around 10. I'll have the coffee ready.

C.J
04-20-2014, 05:54 AM
Did somebody saw hacksaw??!! :dude3:

I'm only at like 13,500 on miles, so hopefully those parts are intact...

Hacksaw, Swedish carving axe, or .30-06 would do it. ;-)

I've not had a pulley fall apart yet. The tool fits very well so we should be fine.

Next Phase
04-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Coffee? You mean beer, right? I may swing by...getting the Jeep inspected on Saturday morning.

Viper Girl
04-20-2014, 11:42 AM
how about taking pix for the how-to section?

C.J
04-20-2014, 08:23 PM
how about taking pix for the how-to section?

Great idea! There will be extra hands available for pics that day.

C.J
04-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Coffee? You mean beer, right? I may swing by...getting the Jeep inspected on Saturday morning.

LOL! I stopped drinking beer about a month ago...lost 6 pounds already. Hope to see you Saturday.

BTW, that service station just north of us on Six Forks does inspections...not sure he's open on Sat though.

Brian GTS
04-20-2014, 10:18 PM
LOL! I stopped drinking beer about a month ago...lost 6 pounds already. Hope to see you Saturday.

BTW, that service station just north of us on Six Forks does inspections...not sure he's open on Sat though.

So does Capital Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Garner. :) I know it's a longer trip, but they have been very good to us, and I trust their Viper Tech (Steve). Took my GTS there last week....and had my Jeep serviced there too.....red carpet treatment.

C.J
04-21-2014, 06:30 AM
Agree completely with you about Capital CJDR! Steve did the DRBIII ABS flush and I was amazed at how well they treated me. A first-class experience.

Mreeves
04-21-2014, 12:54 PM
So does Capital Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Garner. :) I know it's a longer trip, but they have been very good to us, and I trust their Viper Tech (Steve). Took my GTS there last week....and had my Jeep serviced there too.....red carpet treatment.

Agree completely with you about Capital CJDR! Steve did the DRBIII ABS flush and I was amazed at how well they treated me. A first-class experience.

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words. I will forward to the guys. They will appreciate it. Thanks again.

Fatboy 18
04-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Nothing wrong with a small hacksaw and a pair of grips. That's how I removed mine. Its all about being very careful ;)

I did it with the pump attached to the car, cut through the outer plastic pulley then using the grips snapped the pulley apart leaving the metal pulley ring attached to the pulley shaft.
Next bit was a bit tricky and took some time but I made a diagonal cut around the pulley ring with a hacksaw until it was almost through to the pulley shaft then prized the cut apart with a flat head screwdriver. Needless to say I did not have pullers available :)

If you don't know what your doing, don't try this ;)

C.J
04-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Nothing wrong with a small hacksaw and a pair of grips. That's how I removed mine. ... If you don't know what your doing, don't try this ;)

Mark, you're a glutton for punishment. :D I'll be lazy and remove the pump. Pretty simple that way. Which reminds me...I need to borrow a friend's 24" crescent wrench. That monster makes removing the pulley very easy.

How's your back feeling these days?

Fatboy 18
04-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Better Thanks :)

cathxiii
04-22-2014, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't mind watching. I need to learn more haha

C.J
04-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Hope you can make it! PM was sent with my address.

PatrickB
04-28-2014, 08:38 AM
I wanted to say 'thank you' again to Craig for working through this install with me. Craig is an asset to the Carolinas region and an all-around fun guy to hang out with!

After working through a few issues, we successfully completed this job and will work to assemble a tutorial on what we did.

Brian, Marko, Jeremy and Logan - good seeing you guys again - thanks for stopping by!

C.J
04-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Hi Patrick! Glad you made it home safely and with p/s fluid still in the system. ;)

It was a fun day, and you know a lot more about your Viper now than you did before. :)

Brian, Logan, Marko & Jeremy, thanks for stopping by, it was good to catch up with you all.

PatrickB
04-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi Patrick! Glad you made it home safely and with p/s fluid still in the system. ;)

Haha, yep! I checked everything on Sunday morning and it all looked good. We took the Viper to the mountains on Sunday with no issues.

C.J
04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Haha, yep! I checked everything on Sunday morning and it all looked good. We took the Viper to the mountains on Sunday with no issues.

Good to hear it is not leaking. So much for the "Viton upgrade" for the o-ring! BTW, I have your receipt and auto parts card and will get them in the mail to you.

Remember about that water heater hose...that one hose needs to be reclamped asap.

PatrickB
04-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Good to hear it is not leaking. So much for the "Viton upgrade" for the o-ring! BTW, I have your receipt and auto parts card and will get them in the mail to you.

Remember about that water heater hose...that one hose needs to be reclamped asap.

No more Vitons! I'm glad you found that receipt - I thought I had it in the box, obviously not. Thanks for sending them over.. :)

I made a reminder about that hose when I got home - any particular clamp I need to use, or will just about anything work?

C.J
04-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Since that hose is in plain sight, a t-bolt clamp would look pretty sweet there. http://www.amazon.com/HPS-SSTC-32-37-32mm-Stainless-T-Bolt/dp/B009AG10EK

Regular hose clamps (make sure you get a stainless steel one) will work fine but don't look as nice. Remember to measure the outside diameter of the hose to get the correct size clamp.