PDA

View Full Version : Viper Mechanic/Member Request: Troy, New York

HardHitter
04-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Hello All,

I'm wondering if someone can help me identify a Viper mechanic that is in the Troy, New York area. Zip code is 12180. I've found a Viper and looking to get it looked at before I make the jump on it.

I'd also appreciate it if you are a member and would like to be my "eyes". Please let me know!

XSnake
04-19-2014, 09:47 AM
The Wizard is in NY, Chuck Tator. Best of the Best

VIPER BAZ UK
04-20-2014, 07:04 AM
VIPER WIZARD .. Chuck Tator .

I use him from good ole England ...

20 Spring St South
South Salem,
NY 10590,
914-763-3136

slitherv10
04-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Hello All,

I'm wondering if someone can help me identify a Viper mechanic that is in the Troy, New York area. Zip code is 12180. I've found a Viper and looking to get it looked at before I make the jump on it.

I'd also appreciate it if you are a member and would like to be my "eyes". Please let me know!

What year color car are you looking at?

HardHitter
04-20-2014, 10:12 AM
What year color car are you looking at?

I'm looking at a black 2000 gts

Steve-Indy
04-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Call Chuck Tator with info...he MAY already know the car. PAY to have Chuck inspect the car if it's an unknown. If you buy the car, take it to Chuck for a full service. Then, ENJOY your new Viper.

P.S. New York is not that big of a state...see Chuck !!

HardHitter
04-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Hey guys,

I've sent the VIN and info to Chuck as everyone has basically said. I also have a local Viper member going to see the car in person tomorrow. The new owner just said it has some spider webbing on the front bumper, which I didn't know originally, so I'm sort of down about that plus I ideally want a forged motor anyway and this is a 2000. We will find out if its worth making an offer/having it get inspected.

City
04-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Front facia repaint isn't that major a project. Probably runs between $600 - $800 depending on the paint shop.

HardHitter
04-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Front facia repaint isn't that major a project. Probably runs between $600 - $800 depending on the paint shop.

Yea we will see after today how the car is. The only other problem is that he is in New York and I'm in California. So whatever "savings" I do end up negotiating to, it'll be wiped out due to shipping. We will see, don't know if it'll be worth the hassle

1. Wanted 96-99 car
2. Cost of shipping will negate any savings
3. Paint work will need to be done on the bumper that I know of

Again, that doesn't get into if there is mechanical work needed.

P.S. One last question, I've been told that striped cars will drive $5k+ higher value than a non striped car. I've never heard of that before and wanted to see what your thoughts are on that.

City
04-21-2014, 10:34 AM
That would appear to be someone's personal opinion. The cost of the factory striping option is between $3-$4 G's depending on the year (might be more on a GEN5), however I've not heard of it necessarily adding a $ value. It goes more to the market, i.e, are there more potential Viper buyers interested in a striped or unstriped car. I know plenty of folks that far prefer a Viper w/o stripes.

HardHitter
04-21-2014, 11:58 AM
That would appear to be someone's personal opinion. The cost of the factory striping option is between $3-$4 G's depending on the year (might be more on a GEN5), however I've not heard of it necessarily adding a $ value. It goes more to the market, i.e, are there more potential Viper buyers interested in a striped or unstriped car. I know plenty of folks that far prefer a Viper w/o stripes.

Yea, to me it depends on the color. The blue/white is undeniable a beautiful car and the stripes make the car.

On a black car, I don't know if I prefer stripe less or with stripes. I think if I ended up getting a striped black car, I'd turn the stripes matte black. Something different but we will see.