PDA

View Full Version : low voltage dead voltage regulator JTEC easy fix

jasond29
01-20-2023, 05:21 PM
Just thought I would through this out there for folks who's JTEC voltage regulator crapped the bed. Super easy fix, buy a mopar voltage regulator ($35), the voltage regulator pigtail ($14) and tie into PCM pin 12 of connector C1 and pin 10 of connector C2........problem solved. 14.2 volts.

My JTEC is not bad I am just getting rid of it all together and this was the only thing holding me back from ditching the computer. I am full standalone now.

goggles Pizano
01-21-2023, 08:13 AM
https://www.jeepforum.com/threads/write-up-pcm-alternator-voltage-regulator-bypass.4371023/

PRVT JET
01-21-2023, 03:44 PM
Just thought I would through this out there for folks who's JTEC voltage regulator crapped the bed. Super easy fix, buy a mopar voltage regulator ($35), the voltage regulator pigtail ($14) and tie into PCM pin 12 of connector C1 and pin 10 of connector C2........problem solved. 14.2 volts.

My JTEC is not bad I am just getting rid of it all together and this was the only thing holding me back from ditching the computer. I am full standalone now.

What was your issue???

Isaac

jasond29
01-23-2023, 01:41 PM
My charging system has always read a little low....13.2-13.5. I have changed all the normal stuff, battery temp sensor, grounds, cleaned contacts. I actually finally decided to go to an external regulator now because I am completely removing the JTEC and running on my FT600 ECU.

Dan Cragin
01-23-2023, 10:59 PM
Your JTEC can be repaired for this issue. The external regulator works fine but will set a code and trouble light on many JTEC Vipers.
On a race car, this is not an issue.

Removing the JTEC involves many issues, make sure you understand that. Most likely you do.

jasond29
01-25-2023, 09:59 AM
Thanks for replying Dan. I have removed the JTEC completely and all the body electrics still work (door locks, windows, alarm, etc). The only things that need to be addressed are the A/C, Reverse lockout, Alternator (which I have addressed). All the engine sensors and control have already been swapped over to my FT600 and been run that way for a while.
Are there any areas I have missed? I have not had a chance to drive the car with the JTEC removed but want to make sure I dont overlook something. Thanks