PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you guys recognize this gorgeous coupe?

KJCRNA
04-10-2014, 11:11 AM

I hope you guys don't mind an East Texas boy posting to the Indiana/Kentucky forum, but I heard that the previous owner of this beautiful snakeskin green 2008 coupe is a member of the Viper community here. With any luck, I should be taking delivery of this car sometime next week. I've wanted one since 1992, and am finally able to get one. This has to be one of the most beautiful cars I've seen. I purchased this car from LAW Auto Group in Bensenville, IL. The salesman there says that the previous owner's name is Doug, and that he is now driving a Gen V that he traded for at that dealership. Doug, if you are reading this, I say, "Congratulations on the new Gen V"!

If anyone knows the specifics and history on this car, I would love to hear about it. Also, if anyone can put me in touch with Doug, if he wouldn't mind talking to me about this car, and if there is anything specific that I should know or be watching for, I would really appreciate it. The salesman at LAW says it has ACRX headers and a Corsa exhaust, but he doesn't know if it has stock cats, high flow cats, or no cats at all. Also, it has the Mopar performance ECU but he doesn't know if it throws codes occasionally or not. If I have to pass emissions for inspection, I understand that I may need to swap in the factory ECU for a bit and then put the Mopar performance unit back in after passing emissions.

This Viper looks like it was well-taken care of, and I am beyond excited to be getting it! Thanks, in advance, to anyone that can help!

Keith

MtnBiker
04-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Congrats. Damn beautiful car!

Stretch
04-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Congrats and welcome!!!! I don't remember that car from the southern part of the IN/KY area. I used to live in Louisville and hung out with quite a few Vipers in that area.

St.Char
04-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Hey! That was Doug's car, man is it sweet. Anyone know Doug's screen name?

GreenVenom
04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Hey! That was Doug's car, man is it sweet. Anyone know Doug's screen name?

DPViper

Steve-Indy
04-11-2014, 07:11 AM
You may want to call me.

KJCRNA
04-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Sent you an email, Steve. Thanks!

Steve-Indy
04-13-2014, 06:39 PM
CONGRATS on your stunning Viper !!!